RC Racer

>45min run time?

Anyone actually getting this kind of bash longevity? Seems either most people's batteries peter out or the esc is shutting down calling it quits.

RC Qualifier
    I dont even come close. with 3s parallel I get about 15 minutes max before my motor and esc get to 180.

RC Champion
    I have a couple smaller pinions and a 55tooth spur on the way, hopefully I can find a gearing with those that works with 3s and doesn't overheat before draining them. The thing is so fast with the stock speed pinion that I don't mind losing a little top end to get a full 3s run in without thermaling.

RC Racer
    So what's the longest running setup out there?

RC Qualifier
    I got about 25 mins out of my 2 1800 in parallel and I only used about 1000mah according to my charger. so Im figuring about 40-45 mins would be max.
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Champion
    Yep , I am getting about 1/2 hour with my 1800mAh 2s *****'s , I havent thermalled my 1000Mah 3s setup yet , and I am using the 23t pinion .
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC Racer
    I think this is possible with a 2000kV motor and 2 x 2S 1800mAh zippies in series. I'll try this as soon as I get my hands on one of these trucks.

RC Racer
    i get 1/2 an hour running 2 1400`s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.T.O.3.3
    Yep , I am getting about 1/2 hour with my 1800mAh 2s *****'s , I havent thermalled my 1000Mah 3s setup yet , and I am using the 23t pinion .
    same here it gets boring with my maxamps setup after abut 20mins or so after that you get s bored you put it up...I havent hit my LV on my esc....if someonee is bashing for an hour ors o that means something else is on theri mind and they are using the revo to get rid of it and aint working

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by JOCKS_RETURN
    same here it gets boring with my maxamps setup after abut 20mins or so after that you get s bored you put it up...I havent hit my LV on my esc....if someonee is bashing for an hour ors o that means something else is on theri mind and they are using the revo to get rid of it and aint working
    Or perhaps they enjoy the hobby more than you and don't get bored after only 20 minutes ?

RC Qualifier

What do you think would be the best set give me the best run time using NiMH battery

Quote Originally Posted by cch1978
    I got about 25 mins out of my 2 1800 in parallel and I only used about 1000mah according to my charger. so Im figuring about 40-45 mins would be max.

RC Qualifier

Findings

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyTire
    Anyone actually getting this kind of bash longevity? Seems either most people's batteries peter out or the esc is shutting down calling it quits.
    So what did you decide was the best set up for run time? I am new to RC started @ 6 months ago and still learning. Thx.

RC poster

3s in parallel with esc set to Training Mode

running two rhino 3s 1550 lipos in parallel with the stock pinion (I know it's against the manufacturer's instructions) makes the revo insanely fast and fun to play with for a short while. Standing backflips that pop out the drive shaft balls are true acts of hardcore bashing. However, when you set the esc to training mode and run 3s in parallel with the stock pinion, you get a perfect compromise of power, speed, and runtime. I am getting close to 1 hour of runtime, estimated 30+ top speed, and I can still wheelie on demand and even wheelie the revo onto its back, just not as easily as in sport mode.

RC Champion
    I think 2 2s 2000mAh batteries ran in parallel with the stock pinion will be the hot setup for run time and speed .

I think power is just right on 2s and close too 40mph is fast enough IMO .

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kline99
    running two rhino 3s 1550 lipos in parallel with the stock pinion (I know it's against the manufacturer's instructions) makes the revo insanely fast and fun to play with for a short while. Standing backflips that pop out the drive shaft balls are true acts of hardcore bashing. However, when you set the esc to training mode and run 3s in parallel with the stock pinion, you get a perfect compromise of power, speed, and runtime. I am getting close to 1 hour of runtime, estimated 30+ top speed, and I can still wheelie on demand and even wheelie the revo onto its back, just not as easily as in sport mode.
    So basically we need to run near ~1/3 current amps to be able to fully deplete 2 batteries without stopping.

I dunno, seems to me Traxxas underestimated(or overestimated, depending on how you look at it) some design and usage decisions on these cars.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyTire
    So basically we need to run near ~1/3 current amps to be able to fully deplete 2 batteries without stopping.

I dunno, seems to me Traxxas underestimated(or overestimated, depending on how you look at it) some design and usage decisions on these cars.
    They are basic guidelines for the user to go by, some people experiment some are happy with a simple battery set up. If they had instructions that were highley detailed I think it would deter many from buying RC cars because they may think they are overly complicated ??

My 2-C's
    (2)E-LST's(2)E-Lightning Stadium Pro2's(3)E-Revo's

RC Racer
    It would be nice if they were a bit clearer on what gearing to use with what battery. They do say for stock battery in series use this pinion but only on flat ground. No recommendations on anything else for 2s or 3s with what gearing size. Also you would think since this is a off road truck that there would be suggestions for off road in series to but maybe I am asking for a bit to much. Either way this truck is awesome.
    E-Maxx Wicked Fun
    Mini E-Revo Freaking AWESOME!

RC Champion
    It's a hobby level RC, not a Radio Shack toy

As with any RC, the end user will have to experiment to find what works best for their particular needs and wants. Run times and heat buildup will vary between pavement, loose dirt, packed dirt, grass, pine needles, etc etc. Different tire sizes, compounds, and tread patterns factor in. There is also the wide variety of driving styles, where one person may like to run at full throttle all the time back and forth and another might want to use some throttle control to smoothly get around a course as quickly as possible.

It's just not possible to lay out rules on what can and cannot be done or what setup should be used. If the equipment is running hot, try a smaller pinion. If it's too fast, a lesser battery, if it's too slow, a better battery, and so on.

I will say that very few electric setups are going to like running 45 minutes or more at a time without cooling down.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathchild
    It's a hobby level RC, not a Radio Shack toy

As with any RC, the end user will have to experiment to find what works best for their particular needs and wants. Run times and heat buildup will vary between pavement, loose dirt, packed dirt, grass, pine needles, etc etc. Different tire sizes, compounds, and tread patterns factor in. There is also the wide variety of driving styles, where one person may like to run at full throttle all the time back and forth and another might want to use some throttle control to smoothly get around a course as quickly as possible.

It's just not possible to lay out rules on what can and cannot be done or what setup should be used. If the equipment is running hot, try a smaller pinion. If it's too fast, a lesser battery, if it's too slow, a better battery, and so on.

I will say that very few electric setups are going to like running 45 minutes or more at a time without cooling down.
    Very well said !

RC Qualifier
    I agree 100%.
    Stampede 4x4 4s | Stampede 4x4 1/12