RC poster

Mini Slash Oversteering

My Mini Slash is a rocket with 1 battery pack, but it can't take a turn at speed on pavement without flipping over. I've changed to another TX with dual rate which improves the problem, but it still flips at half speed. Any ideas how to fix this? I won't dare try it with series batterys untill I find a fix.

RC Qualifier
    try adjusting the camber some more.
    Summit + Mini Revo = RC Bliss

RC Racer
    Yup, this thing grips too well with the center of gravity too high. It's even worse for rolling over in grass where it's unpredictably bumpy and grip catches the tires.

Try less grippy tires, lowering the car, stick on lead to bottom of chassis?

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like my lhs owner was right about controlling the mini-slash.....

RC Champion
    Run on gravel, and the Slash VXL is a drifting machine! Total blast, once you get a feel for the truck. Throttle control really helps steer the Slash, almost more so then the steering wheel itself! You should probably slow down on the turns or not turn so tight, if you run on paved surfaces!
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Qualifier
    Adjust ride hight, stiffer springs in front, one or 2 steps on oil in shocks, this can help
    Stampede 4x4 4s | Stampede 4x4 1/12

RC Qualifier
    add a gyro to the steering... helps out alot
    Slash - Agent ORANGE - The Aluminum Dream Machine

RC Racer
    I read on this forum that the factory set camber adds traction, so I turned out the rear ball studs until the tires were about straight. that seemed to help. it took about 2.5 turns, but I was just eyeballing it. I'm still struggling to control the slash under full throttle, and I think the problem is that the front end is lifting. I'll be buying the center differential soon.

RC Qualifier
    uh, I thought that you could help me figure that out.
    I think that a sway bar would be one potential solution to this. it would make sense to drop down to 10K oil in the diffs, since that will unload teh inside tire before the truck gets too far gone. when my dad autoX'd a Gremlin back in the '70s, he was told by a corner worker that he had gotten it to bicycle, and he heard the revs increase quite a bit when it did. if he had a limited slip diff, he would have kept accelerating and bicycling until it flipped. thus, it makes sense that allowing more differential action will make it less prone to flipping. also, reducing rear grip may be a place to start as well. make the rear end break loose before it traction rolls. only thing you have to worry about then is if you hook an edge. I got a bit slideways on my street and the rear tire hooked an edge in the street and sent it pirouetting about 3 feet into the air. just something to keep in mind
    Last edited by Slyp Dawg; 06-20-2009 at 11:19 PM.
    GOT MY SLASH AND BEATING THE LIVING POO OUT OF IT!

RC Competitor
    I put the black springs for the slash on , and its like night and day difference.. The truck feels much more predictable and stable.. Not near as much body roll... What a blast to drive!

RC Competitor
    I also added camber front and rear and went up in the shock oil to 50 front and 60wt rear... The back end seems to break loose alot better rather than lead to traction roll..

RC Qualifier
    Coming from the 1/10 Slash I think it handles pretty good for what it is. A scale SC CORR etc. truck never going to do stuff the mini Revo can but we knew that. The mods mentioned will help. I just love watching a few scale trucks racing around the mini Slash is going to be no different. Driving in the dirt makes a big difference.