RC Enthusiast

So why did you buy your slash?

So what made you buy your slash? Price, availability of parts, speed, you wanted to add a short coarse truck to yourself collection, etc.

1. I wanted something different far as brand than my boy has. And to see for myself the durability of traxxas vs helion.
    2. After doing some searching for a sct, there was more good reports about the slash than anything else out there.
    3. The oem parts availability was plentiful out there at any lhs, as well as the aftermarket parts.
    4. The price and service at the lhs was great.
    5. Everyone says traxxas has great customer service to help you figure out any problems you might have.

RC Qualifier
    parts and support was a big a reason i went with traxxas, but i didnt buy a slash to begin with. i bought a rustler and stampede 4x4. i got tired of doing wheelies all the time and then converted them to a 2wd slash and 4wd slash. oh yeah and i like the look of the raptor so i used that body.

RC Enthusiast
    6. The most important reason why I bought one was so my boy and me have a hobby of our own to share.

RC Qualifier
    I bought one because I wanted a slash.lol I just wanted a truck that looked like a trophy truck.

RC Qualifier
    I bought my slash because I already had 2 p2des that were completely upgraded and wanted to try a build on a different platform. Price, availability of parts, compatibility of parts between the models all played a part in the decision to get a slash. I bought my slash as a basket case $100 roller of ebay and went from there. While driving it as an SCT was fun I was soon wanting to use the truck the same way I was my p2des and converted it to a slash MT. All that said, I think the actual reason I got the slash was because of my RC addiction and a slight sickness in the part of the brain that processes reason and logic.
    Bash it `til it bleeds!!

RC Qualifier
    I bought my slash because I wanted something that drove totally different than my p4de and slashes look sick! I love the way this car slides around on dirt and gravel too. You can't go wrong with a slash
    Is it fast enough? No, no it isn't.

RC Enthusiast
    I got mine for my birthday

RC Racer
    I got mine after visiting a local track and realized how much better they were on the track compared to my P2de. Still love the P2de for front yard grass and the kids. But for the race track, I prefer the slash especially now with the new Traxxas Low CG chassis.

I bought mine for my 8 year old daughter. she loves it and loves ramping it. it's got the HR transmission case and diff, the lcg chassis, the castle 3800 system and I have it geared 50/21 with an rpm rear bumper. She runs it on 2s. I've done some speed runs on 3S and it's definitely alot of fun. Her uncle liked it so much i'm building one for him. I run my rc8te with her slash. this winter I might get her an e-revo or a slash 4x4.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Competitor
    I bought mine because I wanted a truck that gave me tons options as far as upgrades and parts support from virtually any hobby shop.

I put a slash chassis on my pede many years ago, and it was just so much more... well, everything. It also opened up a ton of body choices. That was the day. I was not a pede guy anymore...
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I saw and heard all the rumors of the Slash coming out, saw it on the Traxxas Homepage, and couldn't wait to see one live and in person. We got five in the first shipment to the Hobbytown I worked at. I quickly bought one of those first trucks. Still have my original Slash. 95% of the truck is now aftermarket parts, and I still love it. I'm amazed at the amount of abuse this truck has been through.....
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Competitor
    I got my Slash because of the availability of parts and durability. Still think its the right decision. Would have been nice that stock it would have a LCG chassis.
    Slash 2WD lcg Chuckworks & 4WD lcg Traxxas
    Summit

RC poster
    Cost/Benefit, after a week of reading and doing some research, I came to choose between the ECX Torment or the Traxxas Slash, and eventhou there was a difference of $50, I thought that the Slash was the best choice

RC Racer
    The enormous aftermarket. The durability. The looks and style of it. The incredible rating and reviews it has received.
    I cant lie i looked at other brands and even with them having friendlier prices and some more complete racers i wanted the Slash because of its reputation as the number one basher hands down by a landslide. Fun factor 10 Quality 10 durability 10+
    If bashing is wrong..i dont wanna be right!!

RC Qualifier
    I actually used to have a 5th scale RC but it was a cheaper one and I could only get hopups from overseas, so they took forever to get here. Once I ended up needed a new aluminum motor mount it was down for like 2 weeks and I was so bored without it I decided to get a cheap little electric to mess around with while the 5th scale was down. Saw and heard alot about the slash so I got a good deal on one used on ebay, and been hooked on electric ever since, up to 11 electric RCs now lol.
    2x 2wd Slash|Slash 4x4 PE|MM E-Revo|Grave Digger

RC Champion
    I bought my Slash VXL because I wanted durable a 2WD SC Truck for bashing but sold it pretty soon then.

Didn't like the high chassis design and the way is handled. -> To much Body Roll
    Last edited by soundmaster; 07-05-2014 at 02:36 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    I sold my 2WD Slash VXL Didn't like the high chassis design and the way is handled.
    Why didn't you try out the TRX LCG for the 2wd? I put it on mine and its a completely different truck.
    2x 2wd Slash|Slash 4x4 PE|MM E-Revo|Grave Digger

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by deviltrigger529 View Post
    Why didn't you try out the TRX LCG for the 2wd? I put it on mine and its a completely different truck.
    Wasn't released yet.

Would be nice if Traxxas would release a 2wd slash with LCG preinstalled.

RC Champion
    I got my Slashes for different reasons that everyone else here on the forums or possibly anyone else. I am a member of a group of racers who race every Saturday night rain or shine all 4 seasons and the Slash was the most logical choice for the winter racing. We run on a paved course with LED lighting on the vehicles and nothing else. Its a lot of fun but we needed a very durable vehicle to run and the Slash 2wd, 4wd and the Rally are the only vehicles that can hold up to all the crashes that we do. Other brands just don't last. Both are set up for street racing with 1/8 scale street rubber, 4 pole motors and 3S lipo's. 2wd and a host of RPM plastic. Other than that they are lowered a good bit and stock. None of us run the Slashes the rest of the time and they sit waiting on the shelf for the cold weather. We run touring cars the rest of the time or spend our time flying multi copters or planes.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Enthusiast
    Mine was given to me by a friend who has just about 1 of everything that is rc, including a jobsite style tower crane. He told me, go drive these things, if they break that I have more parts. Traxxas has well thought out the fact the you can switch parts from just about every model, arms, diff, axles.... So parts are easily found, the price is right and they look cool, not to mention they work, very well for the abuse I give them.
    My one experience with all the big players at this last RCX was the icing on the cake. Their PR is second to none. Talking with the various mfgs of other cars, employees at the Traxxas booth truly had a passion for their products, and would eagerly talk with you about them. That rocked my world, most others wouldn't give me the time of day. I had only encountered that zeal with a couple other small exhibitors/vendors, which you should expect.

RC Qualifier
    Because I wanted to buy it then a month later I wanted a second one n so I bought a second one.
    Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

RC Racer
    Well I originally did a conversion from a rusty to a slash because I wanted to...then the second one I built with parts from a roller and a cw chassis

RC poster
    One word. Raptor!
    Last edited by D.Acker; 07-13-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    Thanks,

Dave

RC poster
    I went to my hobby shop wanting a stampede but ended up buying a slash! They had a slash there to test drive. Main difference between them was the stampede was better for grass and climbing while the slash was best in dirt and roads. I figured id be having more fun in the dirt!

Why did I purchase my first slash, I'd rather keep that to myself, however it did what it was bought to do, now I own seven rc's, four of which are traxxas slashes and another a stampede.
    In many ways the slash saved me as well as bringing my grandson and I much closer.
    I'm taking a short pause to move into are other house but will be moving the hole lock stock and rc barrel in this coming weekend.
    On a good note I found one of the largest lhs in Michigan is only 19 miles down the road and a huge indoor sct track 14 miles from that.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Why did I purchase my first slash, I'd rather keep that to myself, however it did what it was bought to do, now I own seven rc's, four of which are traxxas slashes and another a stampede.
    In many ways the slash saved me as well as bringing my grandson and I much closer.
    I'm taking a short pause to move into are other house but will be moving the hole lock stock and rc barrel in this coming weekend.
    On a good note I found one of the largest lhs in Michigan is only 19 miles down the road and a huge indoor sct track 14 miles from that.

^5 Billy. Good read
    If bashing is wrong..i dont wanna be right!!