Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathchild
    I changed mine out immediately, but I can tell you that you won't see any difference other than having more adjustments and what I think is a more comfortable transmitter. Speed wise you won't see much if any improvement with the 3000 receiver. The 3001 Pro has a faster response resolution but I don't really know that you need it anyway, the steering on these is amazing.

Range is further than you would be able to drive it and know which direction it's facing
    Sound good to me

Because i noticed that with my merbe..when i would hit the throttle at like 5% there was some slight cogging..and idk if that was the brushless system..or the tx/rx..any ideas? because i put the "speed pinion" in so i doubt that it is the gearing..and im only running the 3s parallel setup..(only!! haha)

RC Champion
    That's normal with sensorless brushless systems, it's not a radio issue. Just try to avoid that throttle range because it's pretty hard on your motor and ESC to operate with that cogging.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathchild
    That's normal with sensorless brushless systems, it's not a radio issue. Just try to avoid that throttle range because it's pretty hard on your motor and ESC to operate with that cogging.
    Thats easy..ill just floor it 24/7 :P (jkjk<- thats very much needed for all you that take everything so serious. )

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by beb
    I've replaced the stock radio with a 2,4 GHz, and the new receiver antenna is quite short (about 10 cm.).

Routing the antenna cable through the path provided for the sealed radio box does'nt allow the antenna to extend at all.

Could this limit the radio range or cause interference problems?
    Back on topic, the spektrum 3300T has a real short wire that barely reached the antenna mount. Range tested it on a long stretch of street. Failsafe kept kicking after about 150-200ft. Had to drill a hole next to the antenna mount so I can get the wire vertical as much as possible. Went back to the same street, no glitching, the car kept running til I can barely see it.

RC Qualifier
    My DX7 with a AR7000 receiver is good to 3 miles. This isn't 802.11 with a range of 300feet. Though, coincidentally, I got going 802.11b going 12 miles with two beercans

Quote Originally Posted by lerivoontu
    1000's of meters? You'd be lucky to get 1000ft on most of the 2.4GHz radio systems that are out there. Including the high-dollar Futaba, Airtronics and Spektrum stuff. FM radios provide better range than 2.4GHz.
    Last edited by coreyfro; 06-22-2009 at 11:14 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by coreyfro
    My DX7 with a AR7000 receiver is good to 3 miles. This isn't 802.11 with a range of 300feet. Though, coincidentally, I got going 802.11b going 12 miles with two beercans
    Airplane RX/TX are a totally different story for several reasons. One major reason is the fact that your airplane is up in the air and there is very clear, empty air between you and the airplane. And the other major reason is the fact that your AR7000 RX is actually two receivers in one. That makes for much better reception from the TX.
    -L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12