TORC Coverage From Crandon International Raceway Begins June 19!

Watch this spot for updates straight from the track! I'll be covering the R/C racing as well as the full-size action, plus all the happenings in between. Anything special you'd like to see/learn about? Drop me a line at pvieira@traxxas.com and I'll see what I can do. I'll start posting stuff as soon as I get to the track on Friday. If you're on Twitter, you can also follow the action at www.twitter.com/888traxxas.

RC Champion
    yyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy...
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    Hey everyone I am in Crandon at the track and ready for racing!!&
    -Bob-

Up and running at last! Storm delays turned a four-hour trip into a 24-hour epic, but my man Damron got shots from Friday's setup and R/C racing action. Let's look at the pics!

As soon as you walk through the entrance, you're greeted by the giant Slash and TQ transmitter. It's the TRAXXAS Off-Road Championship, gotta represent.

The Traxxas race HQ is up and running long before the crowds arrive.

The Mobile Support Center is on hand, as it will be at all TORC events, making sure racers have all the parts and setup advice they need, and giving excited R/C newcomers a chance to jump into high-performance radio control, right on the spot. Plus, you get to meet Ralph.

The wrenches start spinning early as Mike Jenkins' Pro 4X4 ride gets some ratchet love. Note how far the engine is pushed back in the chassis to centralize its weight, and check out the King shocks. They'll be working hard this weekend.

The pace truck is shined up and ready to rip. One lucky R/C racer will take a hot lap in the converted Pro 2WD machine, which is basically a full-on racing truck with a passenger seat and a light bar. TORC Pro 2WD points leader Ricky Johnson will be behind the wheel, so you can bet it will be an unforgettable ride! All R/C racers are registered for a chance at winning a pace-truck ride at all TORC races, so look up the schedule and plan a road trip at www.traxxas.com/torcrc!
    Last edited by PeterV; 06-20-2009 at 05:58 PM.

Hanging loose in the R/C pits. Just like your favorite track, you'll find shade, power, tables and chairs. Unlike your favorite track, you'll be wrenching and racing right in the middle of a full-scale TORC series event! The energy here is incredible, you've gotta make it out to one of the Traxxas TORC R/C Challenge races.

We don't skimp on the R/C races. RC Pro puts on the show, so the races go smoothly. There's a full drivers' stand, AMB scoring, and announcing for every heat. The race course is professionally constructed, and here in Crandon, it's actually a replica of the full-size Crandon layout!

Track action. I wanna race so bad. All the R/C guys are digging it, of course, but what's really cool is the response from all the regular folks seeing high-performance R/C for the first time. And that's really why we're out here racing...to get more guys (and gals) to race with!

That's what I'm talkin' about. Father and son, having fun together.

Bwaaah! Looks like we're in for some FMX action from the Monster guys. It's wall-to-wall radness here.

TORC R/C racing under the lights. Good times.

As part of our "Win A Ride In The TORC Pace Truck" contest, the winner of the ride gets a video of their run. So, Damron and I had to test the video camera setup (we're using the Traxxas RC Hero system, learn all about it HERE). Anyway, I promised Damron I wouldn't post video of him on YouTube or anything.

I said nothing about still photos.

Jeff Kincaid's Traxxas Pro Light Toyota Tacoma, before and after. The Kincaid team is Meticulous. Yes, with a capital M. Jeff had a big win at TORC Round 3 in Perris, CA and will be a force here in Crandon, his home track.

Oh, so you think you're going to sneak into the Crandon International Raceway? Not with these two gorillas working security.

Dani (top) and Joanna would love to give you a Traxxas tattoo. Just swing by the Traxxas tent, and try to keep it together, OK guys? Take a lesson from this kid; he's got the not-even-interested move totally wired.

All the TORC drivers are totally approachable, and they're all about the fans. Traxxas no. 47 Pro 4X4 driver Mike Jenkins behind the pen.
    Last edited by PeterV; 06-20-2009 at 02:26 PM.

If you want to see the Slash being deflated, start at the bottom and work your way up.

Rick Huseman rubs down his Oakley Bomb Run decals--all three of 'em. Oakley awards their bomb-run trophy to the driver who posts the fastest lap of the race, along with a decal so the winning drivers can tally up their "kills" like WWII fighter pilots. Rick scored bombs with each of his last three TORC wins.

Rick Huseman Wins Pro 4X4!

Make that four Bomb Run awards, as well as another TORC victory, as Rick won Round 5 here in Crandon right after I snapped this pic! Rick got away early in the race and never looked back. Score another one for Monster, Traxxas, Toyota, and Rick Huseman Racing.

Traxxas Employee

Sunday Coverage in a new thread

Go here for Sunday coverage from Crandon

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=480928

RC Racer
    O.K.....uuummmm...how do I put this.......

I WANT SOME OAKLEY BOMB STICKERS....whew...I am calm now

Seriously..are they available somehow for us regular folk?
    Madness is like gravity, all it takes is a push. J

RC Champion
    good pics dude
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Cool pics I like the captions you gave to.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ