Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy G
    nirojasi the pinion comes with the truck sorry not sure how many teeth.
    28/50 is stock gearing
    23/50 is with the supplied "High Speed Pinion" Dumb Name

RC Competitor
    They called it a high speed pinion because you need to use it for going for high speed when running two battries in series....I agree they should have called it the series pinion or something...
    HPI E-Firestorm
    1/16 VXL Slash
    V3 Bonzer

RC Champion
    Actually , you need too gear down so the ESC and motor do not burn up . Same as with any other brushless system .
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfisher
    They called it a high speed pinion because you need to use it for going for high speed when running two battries in series....I agree they should have called it the series pinion or something...
    always confused me....they tell you to put in a smaller pinion for a so called, "speed run" which in reality we get confused cause bigger pinion = more speed....I got confused also ran the stock setup with dual battery lipos anyways

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.T.O.3.3
    Actually , you need too gear down so the ESC and motor do not burn up . Same as with any other brushless system .
    excpet for the other vxl's the optional pinion is bigger....that tells us this mini is pushed to the limits in stock form....
    HPI E-Firestorm
    1/16 VXL Slash
    V3 Bonzer

RC Competitor
    I rigged up a temp solution for my slipper clutch until wed when the new slipper comes in. I super glued a washer on the metal plate the slipper material in the spur gear pushes against. This allows the the slipper material to reach the washer (it had worn away to the point it no longer was making contact) and the slipper actually works again. I have tested it with the stock pack and it works like normal. Today I will test with 3s lipos!

RC Enthusiast
    My lhs in covington,Georgia is sellint the slash for $289.99 is this a good deal

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxas_basher_
    My lhs in covington,Georgia is sellint the slash for $289.99 is this a good deal
    I thats what I paid at Hobbytown but I had like 10 hobbytown coupons from a heli I bought and I saved $40 so I only paided around 260$ after tax.
    If you dont like it, just change the warranty.