Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

>>Revo-Race thread - Pics,movies and tips<<

The race thread - Pics,setups and tricks - Movies (linked)

First off, maybe im not right here?, but all i will use this wounderfull truck for, is "practice" 4wd racing with..

I will get every neccesary parts for my Revo to get it 100% dialed on the track.

I will run it on: GreenHill - Astro track (home track 1/10 el offroad)

Indoor:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Any pics or Movies from a tracktime-Revo yet??
    Stampede 4x4 4s | Stampede 4x4 1/12

RC Racer
    Pretty fun looking tracks. Much more interesting than anything in my area, you're lucky.

RC Qualifier
    I want my truck so bad...im eating,drinking and dreaming Revoīs...

I really hope it goes like it looks..

RC Qualifier
    I wish we had tracks like that around here
    HPI SavageFlux & Baja-HobbyZone Champ-Eflight MSR

RC Qualifier
    My revo arrived , it will be raceified asap. front diff is checked, its ok, no shim will be neded here. will go to my PO to get all new BB ive ordered for the rockerarms and steering assembly. tomorrow all my spareparts will arrrive, inc all springs. i realy hope my t-buckles will come to.

some small pics...

New "flat outside Kyosho rim, shrouded with Holeshot M3 front 4wd

Soon Ballbearing,soon baby..

Kind of slopy, added shim, and there is Zipp slop now..

Home made from Big Stampede ballcups, trimmed to app 5mm they fit kind of good.

Stay tune, will be back later..

Ohh one thing more..this motor, must be the heaviest part, it is heavy...in my opinion to heavy...another motor is coming, il let ya know how it goes.

RC Qualifier
    I am going to pegasus hobby in Montclair,CA this Wednesday i am goin to run my mini revo there my set up is 2 6 cell 1600mah max amps batteries and the stock traxxas power series battery(will be running each by it self or in series). Black Springs (On there way) 60 wt shock oil in all 4. and everything else stock i will be getting 2 2s 2200mah max amps lipos and pro line hole shots and kyosho flush rear wheels next months pay check
    http://www.youtube.com/user/josephdelrio

RC Qualifier
    One thing that i noticed was the weight of the motor... 152gr...now that IS heavy for a little car like this...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P
    One thing that i noticed was the weight of the motor... 152gr...now that IS heavy for a little car like this...
    Yeah it is pretty heavy that is why i am putting black rate springs and 60 wt shock oil. except i do wanna get a mamba micro pro esc because of tuning wise i want more braking.

What motor do you plan on putting in your mini revo if u take out the vxl i personally like the vxl set up just not the esc
    http://www.youtube.com/user/josephdelrio

RC Qualifier
    I will use a TeamWave RB-50 with a Novak 13.5T motor fo a test.

The stock combo spring/shock is terrible, so soft..not even with 50 rear 60 front it was better...waaay to "springy", gonna go up to 70-80 rear with other springs later, front up to 70

RC Qualifier
    My Revo filmed at our astroturf track (real highgrip one) after some tuning...it went out prety good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bckOCZB4cQA

second one, was playing around little, in front of the camera im doning some backflips every lap...the car is fun, and IT CAN be adjusted, i do not doubt a second, this one will be a killer...so far i havnt the right parts,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQIWAzScRRQ

RC Qualifier
    Oh one more thing that i have noticed on the car..the motormount is REAL flexy...i do not like it at all, and with heat more flex come...i will attach something under the motor for less flex, when ya big air and landing the motorplate flex and press towards the spur...

RC Qualifier

Vids

That was some incredible driving! You should put that in the vid thread.(I didn't see it there... never mind if you did it)
    Mini Revo, TrueRC 2100 15c = Beast!

RC Competitor
    Very Nice Driving Thomas!

RC Racer
    You got some nice tracks there bud. Keep this thread alive. Thanks for posting your videos... they are sick.
    typing 1st amendment gets you 60% helping ppl 0%

RC Racer
    Thomas!! That was Awsome!!!! What rims are you running?
    1/16 Revo/Slash 4x4/Revo 2.0
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Qualifier
    Nice Video!!!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Boys, the rims are the Kyosho rears the new ones that are "flat outside"

RC Qualifier
    Update on the Sensorbased installation

I mounted my Novak 13.5T motor with my TW RB-50 esc. I tried 16T pinion and went out for a small test....speed wasnt so much that i wanted,acc quit good. i run a full apck 100% full trottel + brake... app 60 celsius on the motor, ex 32

Home, installed a 19T pinion, and there i am now, see if i can test it, it feels a lot better, but the weather have change to small rain, il be back

RC Qualifier
    Update number 2. I put on the 19T pinion, and the speed aint there, but the heat is coming...sad to say, but this motor may fit the slash but not the revo, not for me anyway. I wouldnt recomend it for a Revo owner that want little speed and torque . With the right pinion we have speed but we will have BBQ in no time...a longcan sensor motor would be my dream...back to the stock motor, that one delivered power enough for me.

RC Qualifier
    MOre to come..a lot of noice from my tranny...released the cover from bottom...one thing i wont have it on the car...

RC Qualifier
    So i am almost done with the truck, just a few things missing...Now the adj turnbuckles are mounted insted of stock pushrods, i can no limit the drop easy..

And i have mounted my new servo, my Ko 3101....one word! HYSTERICAL fast, just like i wanted...

Had do do some cuting...

RC Competitor
    So i am almost done with the truck, just a few things missing...Now the adj turnbuckles are mounted insted of stock pushrods, i can no limit the drop easy..

Thomas, awesome so far!!

How did you limit travel? You mentioned zip ties. What turnbuckles did you get and where did you get them.

Also, what/how are those anti-roll bars?

fc

RC Competitor
    This is just a guess, but, he may have put zip ties on the shock shaft.

I may be off by a mile though.

RC Qualifier
    in the film, Forsak is right i just ziptieīd them together, so i limit out travel.

The Turnbuckles are AE rc10B4

the ball"cups" with hollow balls are traxxas own, but they are to big, the mount hole, and i will asap there is smaller avilble change them

RC Racer
    That's the servo I was thinking of replacing the stocker with!! The specs seems drastically better, just more expensive. $50+ or more.

What kind of mods did you have to make in order to get it to fit? The KO seems slightly smaller.

RC Qualifier
    Just cut one hole (mounting hole) so you can get the cable Thru it. And itīs eating the stocker for lunch. as i have said before, the stock aint bad, i just missed that little extra.

Here are my album with some Ko pics..

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o...%2016%20servo/

RC Competitor
    So what ride height did you decide on with buggy wheels? I noticed my Kyosho wheels raised the center of gravity a bit, and therefore i needed to lower the ride height.. I did this with 4mm limiters in the shocks.. Now im at a 20mm ride height front and back.. seems to be working good..

RC Champion
    cool looks good so far
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Racer
    Cool, looks good.

BTW, does the KO servo have the same spline like the stock servo so you can just swap servo horns? Or is it like Hitec and a different one has to be used?

RC Qualifier
    havnt realy tested taht yet Billy the RH

DaDOOD: just bolt on and run...i just love this servo!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thomas, where did you get that swaybar??? Got a link or close up pics?
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC Qualifier
    Here ya have got_nitro my album http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o...evo%20swaybar/

Its custom made

---------------

ANyone experince that the acc feels little "slow" i have plenty of top speed, but to get there, if i full trottle ok i have a minimal slip, but there aint that exploding one that i have in my 1:10 4wd car that have slipper to...maybe it is the tires size?

ANyone tired the MM esc ?
    Last edited by Thomas P; 07-08-2009 at 11:13 PM.

RC Competitor
    Could you give us a little more information about the parts used to make your turnbuckles and how you did it. I'm really itching for some real turnbuckles, and yours look great. I'd appreciate it!
    #$^**&^$#^*(()*^%$#@@#%

RC Qualifier
    IL fix it asap.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Here ya have got_nitro my album http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o...evo%20swaybar/

Its custom made
    Ahhh i see how ya did it now, looks pretty simple yet effective
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC Qualifier
    Had a MM esc here, so i installed it, and i think it feels better with this and the stock motor..more power... it was a tight fit, but it works real well...

[]

RC Qualifier
    How about the 1107/2D series for this car? can it work ?

RC Qualifier
    Did some small testing yesterday and it went out prety good, still a lot to do. I will do what the other boys did to the shock, i will seal one hole of in the pistons. "almost" regardless how heavy oil im using the car is real springy, sure it is better, but not good yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juGjHvNiCUk

RC poster
    I got in my first full night of racing at the local indoor offroad track, and this beast is great! I've been cautious with my suspension changes -- currently still running stock springs, 80wt oil in front, 60wt oil in the rear. I raced with LOSI MLST 'KingPin' tires... I have also changed out the bushings in the steering bellcrank and the suspension rockers to bearings -- much smoother, less "slop"...

Only two of us for the class - my Mini ERevo and one Mini Slash, but there were two Sportsman 2wd Buggies (10th scale), so they let us all run together. I managed to qualify #2 (one buggy out ran me), then I won the main... My best run (in the main) was faster than every other class except the Expert (19t/13.5) Truck class (I was #2 in that class with my LOSI Truck). My best race with the Mini ERevo was 16/5:06, exactly one lap slower than the Expert Truck TQ (17/5:06)...

With some more suspension tuning, Woooo Hoooo!

Stock gearing was almost perfect - motor ran around 125-130 after each 5 minute race. Good 6-cell NiMh cells were pleanty strong, and actually slightly easier to drive, but my best run was with a 2S LiPo, although I had to really be disciplined with the trigger with the LiPo, as it was WAY too easy to get too wild for good lap times! (but it was FUN!)...

RC Qualifier
    Nice to hear mr, im just fixin my pistons...il be back in no time with a result

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast