RC Racer

***** 3S1P 20C 1600Mah lipos

I haven't recieved my E-Revo yet but does anyone know if these packs fit?

http://www.*********.com/*********/s...0mAh_3S1P_20C_

RC Qualifier
    If no one has posted by tomorrow about mid day (EDT) I will let you know.. I have those same packs..Should fit though, with the recent post of the size of the battery compartment, I grabbed a caliper and measured the batteries and they were about 1mm less then all the measurements (Including wires).

I hope they fit, worse come to worse, might have to sand/dremel the box just a little..Either way I will let you know if they fit, and what I had to do (if anything).

RC Racer
    I have them on order but can cancel anytime so it would be great if you could let me know! Thanks mate!

RC Qualifier
    MineERBE should be in in a few hours..Will let you know

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafanatic26
    MineERBE should be in in a few hours..Will let you know

congrats man... !

RC Qualifier
    here some pics of it
    slideShow

Pictures of the battery

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4
    Pic 5
    Last edited by suprafanatic26; 06-17-2009 at 01:06 PM.

RC Qualifier
    PS: I was able to make the *****s fit..it is tight..but very possible..and well worth it too..it was hard to keep it on its wheels..was out there for atleast 45min non stop..didnt time..but looked at the watch :P..

Just cut a little square in the front of the battery doors to feed the battery cables..not a big square..just 1/8" x 1/2" approx. and you will be fine..

Make sure the ur parallel adapter is long enough to reach the ESC plug.Other then that..Good Job Traxxas!!!

RC Racer
    There is a 1800 ma 3c zippi lipo that has the same dimentios but insted of 20 mm thick it is 22 mm thick do you think it will fit?

RC Enthusiast
    i have the same batteries... and 2 more would be mega tight. You may be able to get them in... but would be mega hard getting them out. Not sure if good for the battery to have pressure on it either

RC Qualifier

Slight Battery Mod

Quote Originally Posted by estesallen
    There is a 1800 ma 3c zippi lipo that has the same dimentios but insted of 20 mm thick it is 22 mm thick do you think it will fit?
    Nope..those 2 mm are too much..i had to take mine and cut a little piece off so that they would fit easier..cause the other set of my *****s, for some reason they were like .5 mm thicker..so I had to take the back wall and cut a little piece..not much but it made them fit..

In the back there is a piece thats kinda like this up on the top(look at the 'drawing')

Truck.........|.....Battery Comp.....|....Truck
    -----------/---------------------\-------

-----------\---------------------/-------

so i grabbed some clippers and just cut the (red) piece out and made it look like this....

Truck.........|.....Battery Comp.....|....Truck
    -----------/---------------------\-------

-----------\---------------------/-------

And the batteries fit in there a little easier, it is still kinda tight..but it helped..

*note, i only did that on the deep part near the center of the truck, not the outside wall near the door..

RC Racer
    Was this for the 1800 ma zippi ?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by estesallen
    Was this for the 1800 ma zippi ?
    It was for the 1600, the one that was mentioned in the Original Post..I will post pics of the mod in a few minutes...ended up having to do a little more, it was still a little too tight for my liking....
    Last edited by suprafanatic26; 06-17-2009 at 06:14 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Wow, that just fits. Those little vents are completely blocked off though. I'd watch battery temperatures with it that tight. Don't want to puff up a lipo.
    "How far is the range on that thing?"

RC Qualifier
    battery mod!

SlideShow

It is pretty much the same mod that i listed above, just instead of doing it only in the back..i did it on the outside wall as well..and cut out the vents..left it there for the clips, and for some airflow..but now it is just a big hole..the "lines" that were in the middle are now gone(all 3)..its a simple solution..and the batteries fit a lot better, still slightly tight, not a lot thought, needs a little tug to come out as well as a little push to go in, but its not too tight to risk damaging anything, and I am more ok with it now

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinarcher64
    Wow, that just fits. Those little vents are completely blocked off though. I'd watch battery temperatures with it that tight. Don't want to puff up a lipo.
    the right lipo doesnt get hot at all.. Only reason left one does cause the esc radiates thru the plastic.

RC Racer
    That's good news

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hutch959
    the right lipo doesnt get hot at all.. Only reason left one does cause the esc radiates thru the plastic.
    hmmm..mine is the other way around.lol..my ESC is on the right .. The temp on it when i took it out after running them down to LVC was about 110F..The left one was 100..

note it was 98 outside..

RC Enthusiast
    yea... i got mixed up.. sorry. haha

RC Champion
    I have those packs and they fit like a glove. You will need to make a modification to accommodate the wires though. On mine I just cut off the last 1/4 inch of the battery door and that is working fine.

These lipos in parallel won't heat up enough to need cooling so the vent is a non issue.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by candy76man
    I have those packs and they fit like a glove. You will need to make a modification to accommodate the wires though. On mine I just cut off the last 1/4 inch of the battery door and that is working fine.

These lipos in parallel won't heat up enough to need cooling so the vent is a non issue.
    Ya, my first set fit fine, but the second set on the ends there is like more wrap or something, and since day one the ends are about 1.5mm thicker then the middle..its not puffed though..

RC Racer
    Sweet, I can cancel my order at anytime.

These will be the only batteries I will be running so I don't mind moddign the doors. Got 2 sets of 2 on backorder.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon1337
    Sweet, I can cancel my order at anytime.

These will be the only batteries I will be running so I don't mind moddign the doors. Got 2 sets of 2 on backorder.
    Congrats, the wait sucks for backorder though lol..but u can run the stock cell for a while..its still loads of fun on that

RC Racer
    How long before they fill the back order do you think?