RC Qualifier

What do you think of this battery/charger?

Sorry I know that there are a lot of threads on the subject, but a search brought up nothing on this brand of battery. I'm also very new to the world of electric RC cars, I just got a Revo 3.3 about 2 months ago and decidided to try out the new 1/16 Revo for my first dive into electric.

Now as for teh batteries, these ones good? http://www.greathobbies.com/producti..._id=FLPT16002S

Now I've been talking to a buddy about the whole 3s vs 2s...and he said that 2 of the 2s will be lots for the truck, he mentioned that 2 3s would be a bit of overkill with wheelies and just general all around handling. So I opted for the 2s thus far...but if you can change my mind, please feel free to do so, as I said, I'm very new to the new technologies.

As for the charger, he mentioned that you can't charge 2 li-pos at the same time? Sort of a downer since I want to run 2 batteries in the truck, waiting 2 hours isn't' what I had planned On that note, this is the charger he said hes got and said is pretty good.
    http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...od_id=DTXP4230

Now again, if I am wrong and there are chargers that can charge 2 li-pos at the same time please feel free to speak up...I would much rather pay extra for one charger rather than buying 2 chargers and what not..
    If that is possible, or you want to show me an upgrade, can you just post a new link from that hobby store, make it easy on me

Thanks a lot guys
    Revo 3.3, 5308

RC Qualifier
    charging 2 batteries with one charger would not charge them faster anyways.

RC Qualifier
    You mean because of the power output of the charger? IE - charging one battery would take an hour, and charging 2 would take 2 hours?
    Revo 3.3, 5308

RC Qualifier
    yes, if you had 2 charger it would be a different story, but i charged up my 2s 2200mah packs for my e-revo, and at about half charge they only took 15 minutes to charge, so your packs should only take 15-20 minutes each for a full pack anyways.

RC Qualifier
    oh well thats not bad then, I thought all li-po's took an hour to charge
    Revo 3.3, 5308

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsiaddict
    oh well thats not bad then, I thought all li-po's took an hour to charge
    no, it depends on the capacity and charge rate

RC Qualifier
    Cool, anymore input on the rest of my post? lol since you seem to be the only one here
    Revo 3.3, 5308

RC Racer
    If you are looking for a good all round charger that does lipos as well i would go with this one http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html . It also has built in power supply and is one of the best deals around.

RC Champion
    I beg to differ ..... With the right cables and a balance charger you can charge as many cells as the charger can handle. I can charge both my 2S 5000 mah Integys at the same time on my TP1010-C with TP210C balancer in about 45 to 50 minutes! 1C rate means I need 10 amps and the TP 1010 can deliver that. A TP610C could also do this (up to 6 cells) with the correct cables. You basically fool the charger to make it think it is charging 1 larger pack instead of 2 smaller packs. The 210 balancer with the Lipos in a series connection can do 2S+2S, 2S+3S, 3S+3S, 3S+4S using Bank1. 4S+4S, 4S+5S, 5S+5S using Bank2. I've got a pdf file with the wiring diagrams for the TP210 balancer with all these combinations shown very clearly.

So you are only at the cell limit of the balance charger and the amp output of the charger ..... and your wiring skills!!
    Last edited by Hughes500Bob; 06-12-2009 at 09:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes500Bob
    I beg to differ ..... With the right cables and a balance charger you can charge as many cells as the charger can handle. I can charge both my 2S 5000 mah Integys at the same time on my TP1010-C with TP210C balancer in about 45 to 50 minutes! 1C rate means I need 10 amps and the TP 1010 can deliver that. A TP610C could also do this (up to 6 cells) with the correct cables. You basically fool the charger to make it think it is charging 1 larger pack instead of 2 smaller packs. The 210 balancer with the Lipos in a series connection can do 2S+2S, 2S+3S, 3S+3S, 3S+4S using Bank1. 4S+4S, 4S+5S, 5S+5S using Bank2. I've got a pdf file with the wiring diagrams for the TP210 balancer with all these combinations shown very clearly.

So you are only at the cell limit of the balance charger and the amp output of the charger ..... and your wiring skills!!
    i am aware of that but i still dont see a benefit, 5000mah at 5 amps and 10000 mah at 10 amps isn't gonna charge it any faster.

RC Champion
    As for the charger, he mentioned that you can't charge 2 li-pos at the same time? Sort of a downer since I want to run 2 batteries in the truck, waiting 2 hours isn't' what I had planned
    So why isn't my saying that you can charge both at the same time faster?

5000 mahs at 5 amps twice for two batteries (45 minutes x 2) or 10000 mahs at 10 amps for two batteries at the same time = 45 minutes.

ThacoVXL ... I hope this makes my statements more clear. I've been charging multiple lipos at the same time for years.

If you have a NiMH charger that can do 1-14 cells you can make a series adapter and do 2 each 7 cell packs at the same time. The charger detects a 14 cell pack!

RC Champion
    Let me correct my last post ..... 2 each... 2S 5000 mah lipos in series means I charge with a 4S setting at 5000 mahs which at 1C is still 5 amps not 10 amps. Both taps plug into my TP-210 balancer group A. One in bank 1 and one in bank 2.

2 identical packs in series doubles the voltage .... same mAhs so the charge rate is the same as 1 pack.
    2 identical packs in parallel ... same voltage as 1 pack ..... double the mAhs.