RC Qualifier

E-revo vxl now sold out at tower!

But the slashes are still available
    Revo 3.3,slayer,ERBE,
    Slash 4x4 RTR and Platinum

RC Qualifier
    Yup, the Slashes are still In Stock in all colors.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXWEP2**&P=ML

I would prefer the E-Revo though. I won't buy a Slash, I like the bigger tires.
    Stampede
    Started life as XL-1 then XL-5 now a VXL

RC Champion
    Sometimes Tower really me off. I have had an e-revo VXL on backorder since April 15th and they did not fill my backorder but had some in stock that people could buy today. I just sent them a nice letter stating how happy I was, we will see what they say.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 06-12-2009 at 07:31 AM.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_garrison
    Sometimes Tower really me off. I have had an e-revo VXL on backorder since April 15th and they did not fill my backorder but had some in stock that people could buy today. I just sent them a nice letter stating how happy I was, we will see what they say.
    Yea man, that's pretty m'goo.

I have one on "reserved" at my LHS. They are receiving two of each model and i'm the only person to claim one. The rc crowd must be pretty small here.

I found out about the minis pretty late (a month ago) so it didn't make sense for me to order online when all of the stores were already backordered. Hopefully my LHS gets them soon so I don't have to wait too much longer.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 06-12-2009 at 07:32 AM.

RC Racer
    Did you specify a color on your order?

RC Qualifier
    Got my confirmation from Tower today, being packed should ship out tomorrow order cannot be canceled darn

ORDER STATUS
    ORDER NOW BEING PICKED AND PACKED IN WAREHOUSE/ORDER CAN NOT BE CANCELED
    Please allow a minimum of two business days for your order to ship (our shipping companies do not accept shipments on Saturday or Sunday)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUSTOMER INFORMATION
    Customer Number Shipping Address Telephone Number

Invoice Number

Invoice Date
    11-Jun-2009

STOCKTON, CA 95207
    E-mail Address

PRODUCTS ORDERED
    Manufacturer and Product Description Ship Qty Extended Ship Price Back Order Qty Extended Back Order Price
    The following items will ship to you from our Champaign, Illinois distribution center
    $50 Promotional Discount 1 -50.00
    TOWER SPECIAL OFFERS-C 1 .00
    Traxxas E-Revo VXL Black RTR A4 1 289.99
    Special Lines and Comments
    BILL ME LATER WILL CONTACT YOU
    FOR PAYMENT AFTER YOUR ORDER
    SHIPS.
    DO NOT SEND PAYMENT TO TOWER
    HOBBIES.
    Last edited by radicalray; 06-11-2009 at 10:57 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I didn't specify what color for my order and it was processed today. Got a Black one. I ordered on the 30th of April.
    Summit + Mini Revo = RC Bliss

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by paoutdoorsman
    Did you specify a color on your order?
    Nope, didnt really care about that. If it wasnt such a good price due to the coupons I would cancel it out of principal.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_garrison
    I have had this happen too, once in the past, and now I don't know if I will be getting an E-Revo VXL either, though my order status says 'invoiced and processing in wharehouse'. No shipping confirmation on either truck I ordered. (Slash and Revo). I think it's horrible for them to list something in stock, for anyone to order, yet the back orders are not filled. I specified a channel for each truck, so I don't know what will be avialable when my order is packaged.

Perhaps the problem is Tower's system simply doesn't update fast enough and the online stock status lags behind the actual inventory, when it's a hot item, like these trucks are. I'm curious to hear what they tell you, cause I have been in the same boat once before, and I hope it doesn't happen again, with these trucks.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 06-12-2009 at 07:32 AM.
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yah they sold out erlier today!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    Yah they sold out erlier today!

In like 30min! ahhhh
    I was going to buy a silver mini erevo

RC Champion
    I bought mine and like 10 minutes later they were gone
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Don't tell me you bought a silver one!

RC Champion
    Yep !

Nah , it was blue ....
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Noooooo waaaaay!

better post a picture!

RC Racer
    I just checked and they now have the e-revo in limited quantities. So a few more people should get them yet.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by POD87
    I just checked and they now have the e-revo in limited quantities. So a few more people should get them yet.
    Yeah Silver and Blue are in limited quantities.

RC Qualifier
    I ordered May 11 and specified the color to be black. Must not be a popular color as mine is being processed for shipping and my card was charged.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ProcessRacing
    I ordered May 11 and specified the color to be black. Must not be a popular color as mine is being processed for shipping and my card was charged.
    They are all going fairly fast. I don't think anyone knows exactly how Tower fills orders.
    Last edited by GatorStew; 06-12-2009 at 09:07 AM.

RC Racer
    Who knows how they ship stuff out. I got lucky I guess placed my order yesterday and it is: Order Now Being Picked and Packed in Warehouse. Didn't specify a color choice so maybe some of the guys who requested a certain color they may have been out of and you have to wait still?? I got mine 60.00 off and free shipping and they are shipping out a BLUE one. It matches my E-Maxx now...lol.
    E-Maxx Wicked Fun
    Mini E-Revo Freaking AWESOME!

RC Racer
    I placed mine on monday for a blue one and they are picking my order right now. Woot i wont have to wait for batch two.

RC Enthusiast
    I have had this backorder problem before with Tower and it is very easy to explain why this happens in the business model that they operate under:

1) The PO delivery is received into the warehouse from a shipping company and the items are scanned as they are unloaded from the truck (With the multiple locations that they have this is the most efficient way for them to monitor stock levels in real time).

2) These items IMMEDIATELY go into stock in the computers and are available for sale to the public (This is what you saw happen yesterday and anyone can buy at will......so much for pre-orders).

3) Later in the day the accounting department runs an MRP Program that processes the backorders against the current stock (This only happens typically once a day in a most companies....If I remember correctly I think that someone at Tower told me that this happens sometime in the afternoon for them)

4) Stock is deducted ONLY AFTER the MRP program run and the orders are processed and then packed.

So basically, Tower pre-orders don't have a whole lot of weight to what position you have in line. In fact, the people that placed orders during the time they went in stock to the time the back-order MRP program was run will get the units before the people that pre-ordered. This is not a bad business practice in anyway, it is the system that they have to keep multiple warehouse online in real time.

NOTE: The "limited quantities" that YOU WILL SEE HAPPEN OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS are from the unlucky people whose credit was not approved.

Just a little FYI
    Last edited by mtuccio; 06-12-2009 at 02:16 PM.

REVO1SIXTEEN
    Thanks for the rundown................. that has explained so much.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by REVO1SIXTEEN
    Thanks for the rundown................. that has explained so much.
    so you agree that the items are only shown as in stock after they're unloaded form the truck (IN THEIR WAREHOUSE) and scanned in?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuccio
    So basically, Tower pre-orders don't have a whole lot of weight to what position you have in line. In fact, the people that placed orders during the time they went in stock to the time the back-order MRP program was run will get the units before the people that pre-ordered. This is not a bad business practice in anyway, it is the system that they have to keep multiple warehouse online in real time.
    Not bad business? I'm not so sure I'd call it good business. It may be the way the system works, but that doesn't make for happy customers, especially when they have ordered way in advance. It's strange because I have other hobbies where products are limited production runs and you must pre-order, or else your chance of actually receiving anything is impossible. In those cases, pre-orders are filled first. If there is anything left after doing so, the product becomes available to those who don't pre-order. Obviously not all businesses are run the same way, system or not. Nothing against Tower, as I have been doing business with them for years, but I still think it kind of stinks to get left behind.

RC Champion
    I sent them a e-mail asking questions and wouldnt you know shortly after they replied to my e-mail stating that they fill all backorders before placing it on the website as in stock, my status was changed to say it was shipping.

I had checked it earlier in the day and it did not say that. Maybe it was a mistake, or maybe it was because I paid with paypal or what. But in any even it is in fact shipping and should be here Monday or Tuesday.

RC Enthusiast
    I am preordering my e-revo tomorrow i think
    Rustler xl-5
    Getting 2wd slash

RC Champion
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can pre-order an item that is already out there for purchase.... In that case, it's just an "order", not a "pre-order".
    Two Rusty VXLs, M2Ks 18/83 - Tag! You're it!

RC Champion
    He means he wants to get in line for the next shippment. That would be more of a back order, but never the less, since they are sold out at the moment, he is ordering one.

RC Qualifier
    When I pre-ordered my Summit, there were several people who were invoiced (and had the shipping process start) something like two days before me even though I had pre-ordered months before them. That is not good business practice IMO. I should be first-come-first-served.

Like others have said, if it wasn't for the coupons, I wouldn't put up with Tower (for this and other reasons).
    JRx2, Mini-Z, MRC, Summit, Slash, Revo VXL, etc.

RC Racer
    Its odd cause some of the parts I have ordered to repair my E-Maxx showed out of stock or on order still and my stuff was on back order at the time and then it was shipped out to me and the in stock status never changed on the site. So not really sure how their system actually processes the orders.
    E-Maxx Wicked Fun
    Mini E-Revo Freaking AWESOME!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by egnix
    When I pre-ordered my Summit, there were several people who were invoiced (and had the shipping process start) something like two days before me even though I had pre-ordered months before them. That is not good business practice IMO. I should be first-come-first-served.

Like others have said, if it wasn't for the coupons, I wouldn't put up with Tower (for this and other reasons).
    Same thing happened with me on these. I pre-ordered at about 6:30AM EST on April 15th (first day they were available for pre-order). Mine are shipping out today while many other folks had theirs shipped out on Friday.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpdFrkRR
    Its odd cause some of the parts I have ordered to repair my E-Maxx showed out of stock or on order still and my stuff was on back order at the time and then it was shipped out to me and the in stock status never changed on the site. So not really sure how their system actually processes the orders.
    i set up email alerts for the mini revo and slash. i never got one for the revo, but i got one for the slash. so, obviously they sold out revos just on pre-orders...