Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Champion
    Traction compound.
    Go Patriots!

RC Champion
    didnt know i needed anyting like that... i never did it on the foams for my 4-tec...and those had the best traction ever.. also there were blue stickers on the tires, does that mean anything
    As of 4-1-10 im back in the rc scene

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BROK3N
    didnt know i needed anyting like that... i never did it on the foams for my 4-tec...and those had the best traction ever.. also there were blue stickers on the tires, does that mean anything
    really? i hope you still have the 4-tec.

the blue sticker indicated the type tire it is(soft, medium etc) usually the track and tires are coted with the compound but there are a few variables that will determine how light/thick you need to use in 132ft. but if your just doing high speed runs for fun you should be fine. id actually just slam the truck down as low as possible and use a good rubber street tire.
    I say what 99% of you are thinking!

RC Champion
    nope dont have the tec anymore, why you ask? thats what i figured about the blue sticker...what do you mean about 132ft? im just doing speed runs for fun with this and going to try for the 66mph record. if i dont make it then im sending the mill to be modded and try again at it, then when i rip apart the tranny and diffs i will rebuild better and try one more time...im sure i will hit it by tthen and once i set the record i will be done and just bashing again..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BROK3N
    nope dont have the tec anymore, why you ask? thats what i figured about the blue sticker...what do you mean about 132ft? im just doing speed runs for fun with this and going to try for the 66mph record. if i dont make it then im sending the mill to be modded and try again at it, then when i rip apart the tranny and diffs i will rebuild better and try one more time...im sure i will hit it by tthen and once i set the record i will be done and just bashing again..
    lol, 132ft is a 1/10 replica of a real dragstip. its what most RC's use to drag. when the record was set, what length track was it on? most likely your gonna need alot of space so id just go w/the rubber tires.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Untraceable
    lol, 132ft is a 1/10 replica of a real dragstip. its what most RC's use to drag. when the record was set, what length track was it on? most likely your gonna need alot of space so id just go w/the rubber tires.

It was just a street. dont know what lenth Over_revo had. i do know that he was using a foam tire tho. i dont know if a rubber tire would work because of the balooning and hard to control
    2010 www.montecarloss.co.nr

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I used IMEX foam to get the 66mph , but ive hit 65mph with the HPI Phaltline too.

I got it to 66mph pretty fast, cant say the lenght though... and i had a leak on the engine , it needed to be rich on low end , and had sluggish low end, i missed some precious time to pick up speed

You can hear it on the videos...
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Untraceable

like nitrosport said, its not anything like that, over revo hold the record for the fastest revo know all out...there could be somone else out there but they dont have the proof to show it, you know. the record is just going to be the fastest you can get a nitro revo with any amount of space... and thats currently Over revO with 66mph...

over revo, i also have the imex wheels on there, the rim that was on it had a crack in one so i swapped them out with these ones in the picture, i want to say it is slightly bigger then the imex ones ....

RC Qualifier
    ok, cool beans a rubber wheel w/a very low profile would do fine also. good hunting

RC Qualifier
    Is there a follow up on this story? How did it go? Did you get to or above 66?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Klimpen717

RC Champion
    wow, going old school.

no i ended up getting out of the hobby, now im starting to get back into it. there is a video on youtube with a guy that has one in his revo but it dont really show speed runs.

just type in "revo picco jlr team turbo"

RC poster
    Hey I don't know if you still check this I need help I have the same engine and I'm trying to fit it with my revo 3.3 having problems can you help thanks

RC Racer
    How can you keep the front end on the ground? I'm running 18/38 at the moment with an lrp .28 and at full speed the front tires are barely touching the ground and the slightest bump sends it on its back....
    If it ain't broke, fix it till it is! BB Revo

RC Qualifier
    Center diff and 19/36 keeps it pretty planted on the ground. I run a picco .28, what do ya need help with?
    My Revo: OS .18TM, 16/38 gearing, wide ratio 2nd speed, futaba throttle servo, new era shock ends, FOC, Pullstart, P3 rockers, Aluminum Pushrods, Plymouth HEMI Cuda' Shell, LT springs, GTR shocks, did i mention its got a HEMI!! And a wicked fast TRX-1!! (It'll smoke the Team Associated's B4)

RC Competitor
    you built this truck and never got a video of it? shame on you lol.. i plan to do this with my revo.. soon.. soon..
    revo 3.3 in progress