Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    121

    erevo vs slash vxl

    wat is the difference between the two ?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Ft Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by mh509
    wat is the difference between the two ?
    Body, wheels, and possibly suspension arms.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Carbonrevo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Posts
    3,979
    I can't remember if they had the same arms, I think they do.

  5. #5
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Genoa , IL.
    Posts
    1,934
    Same differences as the larger ones ...Body , suspension , wheels , gearing ....
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Carbonrevo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Posts
    3,979
    What do you mean larger ones? If you're talking about 1/10, you're wrong.

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,514
    Look up the word convert in the search and there is a thread on it. I listed out all the different parts for the two trucks. I missed putting the body in the list but that should be obvious. I priced it up at Tower to be able to go back and forth between the two and it's about $110 for the extra parts without the body. I may need to recalculate though as I know some parts are the exact same such as the screws so that will drop the price another $25 or so. I'll try and report again later when I have the chance to do the comparison.

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    121

    Question to all

    i mean when it comes to handeding and power are they the same

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    569
    They use the same power system, so power should be comparable between the two. However, no one has these yet, so any handling comparisons at this point can only be based on speculation rather than experience.

  10. #10
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    121

    Question to all

    i mean when it comes to handeding and power are they the same

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western australia
    Posts
    514
    The slash will not handle the same because of the narrower stance.(it will roll easier).
    GARAGE
    e-revo, ME-revo, micro-t, slash, DX3S

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Carbonrevo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Posts
    3,979
    Quote Originally Posted by concreat
    The slash will not handle the same because of the narrower stance.(it will roll easier).
    That's why I want the E-Revo. Looks like it can go more places easier.

  13. #13
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    121

    ok

    Quote Originally Posted by concreat
    The slash will not handle the same because of the narrower stance.(it will roll easier).
    so u are saying the revo is a better racer

  14. #14
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by mh509
    so u are saying the revo is a better racer

    The slash slides awesome!

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western australia
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by mh509
    so u are saying the revo is a better racer
    Yup any ways Imo I think the revo is nicer
    GARAGE
    e-revo, ME-revo, micro-t, slash, DX3S

  16. #16
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    121

    yea

    Quote Originally Posted by concreat
    Yup any ways Imo I think the revo is nicer
    i would say so too because i have not seen the slash wheelies

  17. #17
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Genoa , IL.
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    What do you mean larger ones? If you're talking about 1/10, you're wrong.

    Explain please ? Besides the fact that Traxxas decided to go with the Slash instead of Slayer name ?

    The a arms , toe links , push rods , wheels , body/bumpers, and gearing are different between the 2

    Just like between the 1/10 Slayer and REVO .

    Traxxas probably named it the VXL Slash because of how well the 1/10 Slash has sold , its really more of a VXL Slayer IMO ....

    http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec...tr_chassis.jpg
    http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec...-batteries.jpg



    Please keep all images to a maximum width of around 600 pixels. To do this, you may need to edit the image using an image editor before you upload the picture to your host.

    I have changed the images to links so that people don't have to scroll to read the thread.

    Mis'
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 06-12-2009 at 07:54 PM.
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

  18. #18
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    175
    Ahhhh J.A.T.0 3.3 you are playing with Words. Before you stated that they are the same as the 1/10th versions. Which is not true for the Slash which you now corrected yourself. It is interesting that Traxxas used the Slash name. I want an E-Slayer 1/10th scale as much as everyone else but maybe they will just call it the Slash-2.

    It is clear that the Slash and the Slash VXL 4wd are very different in chassis design. The Slash VXL 4wd is closer to the Slayer which is based on the E-Revo right.

  19. #19
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK, London
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockslasher
    Ahhhh J.A.T.0 3.3 you are playing with Words. Before you stated that they are the same as the 1/10th versions. Which is not true for the Slash which you now corrected yourself. It is interesting that Traxxas used the Slash name. I want an E-Slayer 1/10th scale as much as everyone else but maybe they will just call it the Slash-2.

    It is clear that the Slash and the Slash VXL 4wd are very different in chassis design. The Slash VXL 4wd is closer to the Slayer which is based on the E-Revo right.
    The Slayer is based off the Revo 2.5 with a 3.3 in it I think they used Slash to show its electric as most ppl take it hand that Slash electric, Slayer nitro
    ESlayer, ERevo, Baja 5B & 5T, SavFlux, SC8

  20. #20
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Genoa , IL.
    Posts
    1,934
    Same differences as the larger ones ...Body , suspension , wheels , gearing ....
    Sorry , I should have been clearer from the start , like I said the VXL Slash is more like a E Slayer IMO .

    I am surprised Traxxas hasnt brought out a 1/10 E Slayer based off of the E REVO chassis .
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

  21. #21
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.T.O.3.3
    Sorry , I should have been clearer from the start , like I said the VXL Slash is more like a E Slayer IMO .

    I am surprised Traxxas hasnt brought out a 1/10 E Slayer based off of the E REVO chassis .

    1/10th scale E Slayer would be awesome!

  22. #22
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Genoa , IL.
    Posts
    1,934
    It would be soooo easy for traxxas to do , all they would need is a longer body , they already make all the other parts for the nitro Slayer.
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

  23. #23
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    That's why I want the E-Revo. Looks like it can go more places easier.
    1+ with that and will not roll as easy
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  24. #24
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    1/10th scale E Slayer would be awesome!
    I think e-slayer at 10th scale would cannibalize the Slash Circuits, which would be sad and frustrating. I think the lack of an e-slayer now is a tactical decision made in hopes of cultivating a new circuit and getting momentum behind a stock racing class based on the slash.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •