RC Enthusiast

New revo making noise?

I just bought a new 3.3 revo and it doesn't sound like my other 2.5R revos. The noise that it makes is when I'm slowing down and it down shifts it will make like a chubacka sound. It is crazy sounding and none of my other trucks do it. Is this normal? What should I look for? Is it the trans or the motor making the noise? Thanks,

Lonnie
    Nitro 3.3 Rustler Nitro 2.5 Rustler

RC Champion
    that sounds like you diff is skipping when you apply brakes.. or something else is skipping/ slipping when the brake force is applied

RC Qualifier
    Mine does the same thing all the time... the only thing I can link it to with mine is the fact that it only seems to happen when the truck is slowing and down ****s into 1st gear... I have never been able to figure out what it is, and thus far...knock on wood... nothing has failed or been damaged so far.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

The chewbacka sound is a lean LSN!!! richen it up!
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Competitor
    I Agree In My Short Time As A Basher!! LSN IS I LITTLE LEAN GO BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS AND TUNE AGAIN

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys I wil recheck my lsn... also does any one know why when I typed "down shifts into 1st gear" it came up as ****s into first gear... up above... I was not trying to be profain in any way maybe I had a typing error... I hope I dont get warning points! I have been at 0 warning points since I started here!
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

Looks like an honest typo to me...
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Qualifier
    yea, I was wondering about that haha. my best guess is that your were trying to type shifts, and accidently left out the "f". looks like an honest typo to me too.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks guys I will reset the LSN and see what happens. The noise is coming from the exhaust I tested it this morning so I will check the LSN and see what it does.Thanks again

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snook Man
    The chewbacka sound is a lean LSN!!! richen it up!

Thanks! I leaned it out and man that thing came alive... I'm new at all this tunning stuff so I guess it will just take sometime. Somedays are good and some days I hate it..Thanks again...

Lonnie

RC Qualifier
    allstarsixo: you were suppose to make it richer not leaner according to the above comments... Do a pinch test and see what it does. The idle should speed up and then shut down in about three seconds. To fast of a shut down means to lean, shutting down after three second means to rich.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Champion
    They beat me to it! It's all in the tuning. If it is too lean on the lsn, it can cause the motor to keep spinning fast enough that the clutch doesn't disengage, and it makes it do the "chewbacca" noise. I believe that a high idle could cause this as well, but I think you would have to be pretty dang off on the idle to make that be the reason it's doing it. Correct me if I'm wrong!
    Good luck man!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE
    allstarsixo: you were suppose to make it richer not leaner according to the above comments... Do a pinch test and see what it does. The idle should speed up and then shut down in about three seconds. To fast of a shut down means to lean, shutting down after three second means to rich.
    Sorry I ment richen! lol I came out with the LSN... I'm going to run it again today after work and see what she does.

Lonnie