RC Competitor

titan 550 blown erevo

hi! I just blown my twin 550 real bad.and also the batteries burned too.Is something wrong with wires or esc?I want to upgrade the motors and keep it brushed.If i put 2motors ,do i have to put 1 reverse? and what's the highest motors i can put with stock esc? and if i put only one like 970 ,is it still powerful?thanks guys for replies and sorry if those threads has been ansewerd

RC Racer
    what kind of batteries are you running and what is your gearing? if your had high gearing and crappy batteries everthing could of got real hot and toasted your motors and melted your shrink wrap on the batterys. Best bang for your $ is a 775 motor or the dewalt 12v.

RC Competitor
    I fried my 550's right away as well. The first set was replaced by Traxxas, and I didn't even bother to ask on the second blown set, because I couldn't wait to put something else in the car. IMO, that's the only downfall of the E-Revo.

RC Competitor
    yeah! i would love to go to the dewalt motor but it seems hard to put it in.and i'm no good to fix things...(bad fingers .but if some people can tell what do i need esc,batteries,gears.everything to get a clear plan.and i think titans are done for me.it would be 770 ho (snap in type), 970 more trouble to mount or dewalt.or does somebody knows is it only dewalt or i can put any drill motors in it?and i want to keep my esc stock.i would switch the gearing to 17t.do you have to change the gears at the motor or just keep the stock ones?my father have an emaxx and i play the same way as the erevo.but it seems is titans are holding on!i really think it's because the erevo has the reverse rotation engine and that's why people are fried them up!
    thanks for the replies!

btw , i'm shipping the smoked motors to traxxas and try to get new ones.if they do,i'll try to sell them so i could pay the other ones

RC Racer
    If you are concidering a Dewalt 12V, here is the info for you:

My Dewalt story
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=476989

Dewalt 12V Installation Guide?
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=476086

A few pictures of my 12volt DeWalt install
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...t+installation

Smoked my Titans.
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ghlight=smoked

I just received my DeWalt 12volt motor
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ght=dewalt+12v

dewalt 12v motor
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=464464

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, the search feature is pretty good.

I just swapped out my 550s for a single Titan 775. It doesn't get anywhere near as hot.

RC Champion
    Another vote for the 775 here, made a world of difference in mine when I swapped over.

RC Competitor
    thanks for the replies and thanks for the old treads.but i'm pretty sure i couldn't do the job my self...but anyway i'll buy a dewalt to see if one of my friends can do the wires and everything electronic.or is somebody stays near montreal in canada?i could pay for the job.because on what i've seen so far,it looks like a factory job and it seems really nice.
    thanks for everything guys

RC Racer
    I just blew my titan 550 after 10 runs. Im pretty sure Im going to just put the MMM in.

RC Racer
    Just wondering does the 775 give it any more speed?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes it does.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Qualifier
    A second option is KD Dual 970's. They are AWESOME for torque!!! I got 2 sets and connection is a zap especially if you use the stock motor connections. But if you already found your poison... do your thing. Lets know how it worked.
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC Competitor
    is the 970 more powerful than a dewalt or any drill motor?

RC Qualifier
    I know what the 970s can do...! I have never tried a dewalt before. I do know that my buddy is running a no name drill motor from a drill he found and its as powerful as one of KD's 700s. It cannot be compred to a single 970 with the same gearing however. I do know the dual set up with KDs 970s pumps out massive amounts of torque that I need for running fully sub in water and handles clay like nothing and powers through beach sand like its not there.
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC Qualifier
    Has anyone ever really tried a single 970? I also blew one of my Titans last weekend I guess. I cleaned/lubed the truck after running at the beach, but I didn't run it till a couple of days ago and the brushes fell out of one motor At the moment I am not sure what I am going to do. Probably the 775 for the drop in aspect of it.

Do you guys know if you can drill out 3mm pinions to 5mm?
    MMM E-Revo
    "Holy crap look at it go!"

RC Competitor
    do you know what type of screws i need and spur and pinon for the best set up with a dewalt?i figure to buy the single plate motors.do i need to buy the single gear cover or the stock one will do? so i need:
    motor,motor plate,capacitors,pinon and spur gear...if i need something else,please tell me or any mod to upgrade the revo.i want to know too the best way to keep it the more cooler possible,so heat shield or a fan...any idea...
    thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The motor should come with the caps, but if it doesn't, you can re-use the ones on your stock motor.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo