Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by j.f.s View Post
    This is one of my set of wheels:

GS Storm tires on JConcepts Rulux Half-Ups Offset
    Are these tires "Europe continent" specific? I can't find these anywhere and never see them on eBay. What would it cost me to get a set shipped to the US?

RC Qualifier
    http://www.rcclearance4u.co.uk/gs-ra...ert-1492-p.asp

this is where i got mine from
    i accidently put 4 as my order and got 4 pairs so i have 2 sets so now need to get rims for my 2nd set
    but they are not to expensive

part number is 350007

GS Racing 350007 1/8 SUT Truggy Tyres and insert

RC Qualifier
    I also bought mine from Rcclearence4u.co.uk.
    E-Revo Xerun 150A/Leopard 4282//MBX6-Te MMM/CC1518

RC Competitor
    That shows $58 in U.S. currency. THats a bit much for a set of tires. Too bad. I'd really like to get a set.

Thanks for the link

RC Qualifier
    unfortunately only place ive seen em is in uk
    they say they r 10 pounds a pair
    so thats 20 pounds for a set but the freight is just as much which is a pain

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ykndoit1 View Post
    That shows $58 in U.S. currency. THats a bit much for a set of tires. Too bad. I'd really like to get a set.

Thanks for the link
    If was to buy a set of Maxx Mashers from a local dealer here in Sweden I'd have to pay about $120 plus shipping so to me $58 is a steal. Wish I was accustomed to low prices

RC Qualifier
    I decided to test my Gs racing tyres
    Turned car upside down and ran it
    All wheels wobble
    This is due to my rush glue job
    Those white rims and Gs tyres look sweet
    I also decided to test wobble on STD talons
    They r so bad the suspension shakes up and down
    I might get some nice rims and carefully fit my other
    Set of Gs tyres and this time glue them on straight
    Not a rush crappy job

RC Racer
    i also bought my GS at exactly the same place as you did guys
    sideshow - you need to ballance them. Wobble is more to do with ballancing then accurate glueing. I had to ballance my talons and gs and some of those wheels took quite a bit of weight to get ballanced - it makes a massive difference. I will try to make a video to show the difference

RC Qualifier
    It might take too much weigh to fix
    I actually glued them not perfectly round
    Cause the edge of the tyre is wide my rush job
    Is pretty bad heheh
    Ill redo them soon

RC Racer
    Sideshow - glueing not perfectly round will only give a visual wobble when looked from the top. Shaking suspension is only to do with balancing. Glue your tires 100% accurate and you still have to balance them. And also you can never tell how much weight it might need. Here is the difference between mine and both were glued pretty accurate

I'll do a video later on how undisturbed my suspension is now with wheels being in the air and spinning fast
    Last edited by vlad1981; 01-16-2011 at 10:19 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Lets see some of the latest setups people are using on theirs ERBEs. Currently I am running pro-line 40 series road rages on axial 8 spoke rims. Also I am running badlands on Jconcepts half ups 1/2 offset. No pics, sorry my photobucket account is deactivated, working on getting it going. I also found that the stock talon tires are WWAAAYYY better for pavement/skate park situations then the 40 series. I really want to get another set of talons but dont like how thin they are. What tire is suggested that is almost equivelant to the talon in grip?
    Last edited by crf450ish; 03-07-2011 at 10:27 AM.

RC Racer
    Traxxas t maxx tires are similar to the talons.
    ERBE
    RUSTY VXL
    Summit 1518
    Merv & Mini Summit

RC Qualifier
    im running traxxas response treads on geode rims
    very good on tar as i can drive slowly then boot it and car does complete flip and land back on its wheels
    but on short grass car can drift abit when powering on turns
    i stripped one of my other rims with gs racing treads so ive ordered a set of white jconcepts like j f s and they were cheap on ebay
    i like using traxxas rims as they bite bit better on the blue hub
    i ordered a set of chrome rims for my revo 2 weeks ago but stupid me forgot to check what hex it was and they arrived yesterday and they are 14mm so ill put em on ebay pretty cheap

RC Competitor
    Haven't seen this combo yet.

RPM Revolver offset rims with HPI Super Mudders.

Double wrap of thick fishing line through the middle of the tread does a pretty good job of stopping ballooning. Sealed the knots with CA and they haven't come undone in 6 months. Seem to hook up in gravel a little better than the mashers. Awesome in sand.

Not a bad combo^^^^^Looks good
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

Tires
    https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=cs&pn=HPI4462
    Wheels
    https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...c=cs&pn=AX8006
    I wanted to bring this thread back up, so this is one of my combo's. I posted this in another thread but I want to put it on here with all the other's. The rims started out with the black chrome. I glass bead blasted the chrome off & powder coated them. Not easy to powder coat plastic. But it turned out good I think
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dalejw View Post
    Haven't seen this combo yet.

RPM Revolver offset rims with HPI Super Mudders.

Double wrap of thick fishing line through the middle of the tread does a pretty good job of stopping ballooning. Sealed the knots with CA and they haven't come undone in 6 months. Seem to hook up in gravel a little better than the mashers. Awesome in sand.

I just ordered this combo for my emaxx build!! Thanks for the pics!
    KNEE INJURIES HURT !!!

RC poster
    ERBE with 40 series Trenchers on Tech-5 from Proline Sorry no pic. I don't know how to add images to posts. Can someone please tell me how?
    Last edited by RevoCrew; 04-17-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    Hey go flip my truck back over:)
    ERBE 6s
    MERV 4s

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang63.1 View Post
    I just ordered this combo for my emaxx build!! Thanks for the pics!
    No worries, I really like them. They balanced up great and with the fishing line the have held up great on 5s geared for 55.

RC poster
    very nice thread indeed

RC Competitor
    Losi Zombie Max (LOSA7670R) on HPI Q6

RC Competitor
    I need a little help about tire/wheels:
    My talons have the side wall cuted. This is a trouble with talons or my stock revo wheels??

RC Qualifier
    this should be a sticky
    Sony Action Camera, My new toy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SlotterHouse View Post
    These Maximizer beadlocks do the trick for me:

Zero offset
    http://www.maximizerproducts.com/mod...hex_P67017.cfm

1/2 offset
    http://www.maximizerproducts.com/mod...hex_P67015.cfm

They do come in other colors (Black,white,yellow). But for some reason these greenies are half the price.

they also come in 14mm (if needed).

I dyed mine black, and they turned out awesome..
    Slotterhouse (or anyone running this combo)- I have a set of maxx (3.2) mashers I want to run on these maximizer beadlocks. I wanted to make sure the set (1/2 offset 17mm) linked above will mount up with these tires without anything else ( inner rage rings for example). Also I saw an old thread about proline not recommending that these tires be ran on beadlock wheels (i guess due to a bead tearing issue), has anyone had any issues like that with this combo?
    That's Just How I Roll o==o>

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dalejw View Post
    No worries, I really like them. They balanced up great and with the fishing line the have held up great on 5s geared for 55.
    On 5s geared for 52mph they don't balloon at all! I taped them and did the fishing line, this is a great tire and rim combo so far
    KNEE INJURIES HURT !!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakyT333 View Post
    Slotterhouse (or anyone running this combo)- I have a set of maxx (3.2) mashers I want to run on these maximizer beadlocks. I wanted to make sure the set (1/2 offset 17mm) linked above will mount up with these tires without anything else ( inner rage rings for example). Also I saw an old thread about proline not recommending that these tires be ran on beadlock wheels (i guess due to a bead tearing issue), has anyone had any issues like that with this combo?
    I'm also thinking of the Mashers on 1/2 offset Maximizer setup. This may be a noob question but do the tires have to be 3.2" or 40 series? And will i need anything else to complete this setup?

thx in advance.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Naeblis View Post
    I'm also thinking of the Mashers on 1/2 offset Maximizer setup. This may be a noob question but do the tires have to be 3.2" or 40 series? And will i need anything else to complete this setup?

thx in advance.
    You can get either, but if you get an MT tire (3.2") you need a 3.2" rim....40 series tire is a bigger tire...
    Tekin RX-8 ERBE
    MC 1/8th scale Center Diff

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Deahttub View Post
    You can get either, but if you get an MT tire (3.2") you need a 3.2" rim....40 series tire is a bigger tire...
    I'll be getting 1/2" offset Black Beadlock System Pair w/ 17mm hex, guess I have to buy 3.2" Mashers right?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Naeblis View Post
    I'll be getting 1/2" offset Black Beadlock System Pair w/ 17mm hex, guess I have to buy 3.2" Mashers right?
    Yes. I'm pretty dang sure but don't hold me hostage in my own house and demand a refund if I'm wrong.
    RC8BE/FLM EMBE/rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    I have been agonizing over what set of wheels and tires to get, but I think I am pretty set on Masher 3.2 on this rim
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTTD1&P=7. It is the Rulux half offset. But I am wondering of this combo will actually increase my width as compared to the stock gemini talon combo. I want a wider stance to help with rollovers (as I plan on stiffening springs slightly and bringing ride height up a touch). thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fitness14 View Post
    I have been agonizing over what set of wheels and tires to get, but I think I am pretty set on Masher 3.2 on this rim
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTTD1&P=7. It is the Rulux half offset. But I am wondering of this combo will actually increase my width as compared to the stock gemini talon combo. I want a wider stance to help with rollovers (as I plan on stiffening springs slightly and bringing ride height up a touch). thanks
    Yes. You will be about a inch or so wider stance with those rims. Great choice...you won't be disappointed.
    Vantage/MMM/1515 Revo
    MMM/1518 Revo
    T-Maxx 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    Well, I went with the Masher 3.2 on RPM revolver stablemaxx rims (17 mm hub and black in color.) I ordered I set and will tape them (first time taping!!) and test them out. My only experience is the stock talons. Right outside my house I have pavement, hard packed dirt with a thin layer of dirt and some stones over the top, stones, grass, and hard packed clay! So I have quite a diverse terrain. I live on a construction site as my development is being finished. The Talons did well on everything, but they seem a little thin and can't take too much 6s abuse before the sidewall rips near the bead. In their defense, they are untaped. I think taped Talons would be a pretty solid basher tire. But I also liked the deeper tread and more durable look of the Mahsers. They are smaller and probably a little lighter than the stock tires and wheels, so I can have some performance gains their hopefully.

I also have the extended wheelbase arms on the way. So my E revo is about to get wider and longer! I am hoping that can allow me to raise the ride height slightly without incereasing the tendency to tractioon roll. We shall see.

RC Enthusiast
    hear is what i got

RC Racer
    Hey Boss, please reply with the tire+rim specs you got - so if someone (like me) likes it I'll be able to find the ones you got!

RC Racer

Revo 3.3 Wheels just goes so well with the ERBE....
    2K11 Nitro Monster Truck Champ Tmaxx 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    flux with jconcept 4.0 i think and they have badlands other flux some crime fighters erevo with sand paddls i dont know

RC Qualifier
    HPI Terra-Pin tires on Mag-8 wheels.

Rustler|Brushless Losi XXL

Did not see a pic of this combo while flippin through:

OFNA monster pirate wheels and tires. Get ready to upgrade axles if you try them...

Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Enthusiast
    Proline Badlands 3.8 with Traxxas dish rims. (Proline slipstream body)

These tires are really nice! They are superb for grass and dirt. I dare not take them on the road...I don't want to wear them out. The tires are taped and were glued with tender loving care using Losi MT rubber bands.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Fitness14; 07-14-2011 at 04:55 PM.

RC Champion
    OMG i knew the 3.8s would look good on white dish wheels, but they just look plain awesome.