Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

Proline Commandos

The wheels are Proline Commandos... not Cheyennes.

Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-22-2010 at 11:28 PM.

RC poster
    Just got mine back together with some 40 series Big Joe's and some new pint.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrochulo
    The wheels are Proline Commandos... not Cheyennes.
    And it is an e-maxx, not e-revo

Pro-line hole shots on jconcepts rulus half offset.

Hpi phaltlines
    My Fingers are sore, and my batteries are smokin!

RC Racer

tall tires for maximizers?

What are the tallest/widest tires I can use with these? I would like something a bit bigger than the mashers or badlands.I have stock erbe tires and I want something bigger. I would like something around 6.5". The tread isn't really an issue and possibly like to get a set for street AND off-road.

SPECS: Outside Diameter: 3.82" (97mm)
    Inside Diameter: 3.04" (77mm)
    Width: 2.17" (55mm)
    Hex: 17mm
    Last edited by ykndoit; 04-23-2010 at 12:48 PM.

RC Enthusiast

Integy Monster On Road

Integy Monster On Road Master black.

RC Racer
    Badlands on SPI racing Saber wheels

Summit, E-Revo, E-Revo Brushless, Merv. Baja 5BSS

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tectic
    Badlands on SPI racing Saber wheels

ALways wondered about how well ca holds the tires on aluminum wheels? That concern, cost, and the likely hood of bending has always kept me from trying an aluminum wheel on my revo.

RC Qualifier
    Okay so how please tell me how the heck did you get those 23mm Hex wheels to fit on the 17mm Hex Hub that comes with these trucks? I've been trying to find the right adapters/pins etc. to get some type of locking mechanism down so I could use them but to no avail. Please share your secret!

PM Sent.
    Last edited by makaveli72; 05-20-2010 at 08:36 PM.
    **I hope there are RCs in Heaven; EMBE + 6S FTW!**

RC Qualifier
    He probably picked up a set of 23mm hubs?????
    1/16 MERV
    BL Revo Platinum MMM MADNESS!

RC Qualifier
    ^^^ I've tried umm all. I see that he seems to be using lock nuts instead of the Hex Hub locking cap that comes factory. Something is definitely different.

RC Enthusiast

RC4WD 40 series mudslingers on Axial Narrow rockstars Chrome

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli72
    ^^^ I've tried umm all. I see that he seems to be using lock nuts instead of the Hex Hub locking cap that comes factory. Something is definitely different.
    I am assuming the lock nuts hold the 23mm hexes on the axles.

RC Champion
    These perhaps:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNKS4&P=0

http://prolineracing.com/how-to-tips-23mm-hd-hex
    (√) Zer0 tall-er-ance 4 stu-pid-it-deeeeee.

RC Competitor
    Im buying an ERBE next week and would like to know what I have to do to make my rims from my Revo 2.5 fit on the ERBE?

RC Competitor
    roadrage maxx on rulux rims, no offset

flux tires ( these have more grip than stockers imo )

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman76
    Im buying an ERBE next week and would like to know what I have to do to make my rims from my Revo 2.5 fit on the ERBE?

If the revo 2.5 uses the 5mm flanged nut, you just take the 17mm hex assembly off the ERBE and install the pin, 12mm hex, and 5mm flanged nut from the 2.5 on instead but you'll probably strip out the hex hub on the wheel if the MMM is anywhere near as powerfule as my Tekin RX8 and 2050kV T8 motor setup.

RC Enthusiast
    My car came with HoBao Dish wheel Part#86129 and Great Vigor Grass Tyres Part#MV3695S, as you can see they are low profile and the rolling diameter is lower, they work excellent on grass but were easlily damaged when used in rocky/gravel surface as side loading would pinch the bead against the rim and split the side of the tyre, the tyres bead mount the same way the Traxxas tyres mount so the HoBao rim could be an alternative and they have a 5 Spoke that look good aswell.
    I have just fitted these Proline Badlands #1132-00 on to the Black RPM Revolver Stablemaxx rims #82302, they look awsome and have the same rolling diameter as the original Traxxas tyres as you can see in the photo, i think there may be a poofteenth in it if any, Im yet to try them out on grass to compare.

Q. do i need to drill holes in the RPM rims to allow air to flow in and out of the tyre?

next purchase will be the Chrome RPM Revolvers with Proline Mashers so I can do a few street runs and attempt the skate park if I can afford the damage lol!
    Last edited by AUSEREVO; 06-02-2010 at 09:47 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I have those same rims and tires (RPM Badlands) and I love them too! Look great on mashers also
    1/16 MERV

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude
    I have those same rims and tires (RPM Badlands) and I love them too! Look great on mashers also
    yeh they do look good, the photos just dont it justice IMO!!

did you drill holes in the rims or it works fine without them? whats their purpose as my othe HoBao rims have holes yet the RPM rims didnt, must be a tuning thing i guess.

RC Competitor

Question Tires Aint Pretty

I have had my Brushless E-REVO for about 3 weeks now and LOVE IT! Been running it with 2x 5000mah 2s 25c lipos. I have about 10 runs on it thus far. Picked myself up 2x 5000mah 3s 50c lipos today. I can not believe the difference. WOW! Unfortunately my truck felt the same way. Half way through my 1st run with these new packs, one of my stock front tires looked like a retread coming loose. I live in SC so I have been running it on loose clay, grass and mostly asphalt. To say the least, I am now in the market for some new tires even tho the other 3 still look fairly new. I have been out of the hobby for some time, so what I knew then isn't much help now. So I turn to more knowledgeable people for advise. I am looking at the Pro-Line Road Rage 3.8" (40 Series) Street Fr/Re (2) (stock # 1104-00) & a set of Axial 8-Spoke Oversize Wheel Chrome (stock # AX8009), will these work together?. I am wanting to maintain roughly the same size as the stock set-up. I want chrome wheels, not black chrome. I already have a set-up for running races on packed clay. So basically, I need a pavement / loose clay / grass set-up. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RC Competitor
    Or maybey I should just get another stock set-up perhaps??

RC Competitor
    Could really use the advise here, Thanks

RC Competitor
    You should make a new topic for that.
    This one supposed to pics of tires and rims only, no discussions

RC Racer
    Badlands and HPI 6-Spoke Black Rims

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNKS3
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJLG1

I like the way they look and they hook-up great, the tires seem to have a bit of roll to them. I think that is why people often go with the rolux rims.

RC Competitor

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Heuchemer
    You should make a new topic for that.
    This one supposed to pics of tires and rims only, no discussions
    Strange...... I went back and made sure I was in the right thread.....
    And the very 1st line of the thread is, and I quote "Ok so this thread is more for the new guys like me who have had a little trouble finding tire and rim combos."

Just looking for help....

RC Racer

My combo - Losi 420 series

Haven't been able to try it out yet (broken chassis - waiting with impatience for my KD-design aluminum chassis ;-)

Have new pinion and spur lying around to get back to original gear ratio (hope I have calculated right)... Uncertain how the ERBE will handle the increased weight...

LOSI FORCE WHEELS/2 CHROME 420-SERIES REVO
    LOSI ROAD RASH ON-ROAD STREET TIRES AFTERSHOCK

All comments and gear ratio calculations welcomed.....

Erland the viking...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEALOUS_DRAGON
    Strange...... I went back and made sure I was in the right thread.....
    And the very 1st line of the thread is, and I quote "Ok so this thread is more for the new guys like me who have had a little trouble finding tire and rim combos."

Just looking for help....
    Im also a NooBi to RC, and as awesome as this thread is with pics to proove the specified combo will work, I still just got into the habbit of reading on the manufactures sites for info on diamentions of rims and tyres, then with that info you will find out if the tyre/rim combo will work, in my limited experience i found the better the name/brand the easier it was to get size info for a match that im happy with plus i found that same combo in here anyways so i knew it worked and could purchase with confidence.

Anyways mate, if your wanting to maintain the same rolling diameter as standard then the 40 Series tyres are much bigger, so thats something to think about, there are plennty of pics in this thread with 40 Series for you to look at and consider.
    I found out that the Axial 8 Spoke oversize rim will take any 40 Series Proline Tyre no worries, but the Road Rage your after will not work well on grass, personaly i would go for the Moab 3.8 #1117-00 or the Masher 40 #1105-00, either one of these should give you abit more grip on the grass as well as the road, or just settle for the road rage tyre for road fun and also invest in a set of Badlands 3.2 #1132-00 as i found out (see my comparison pics a couple posts up) the Badlands 3.2's have the same rolling diameter as the standard traxxas tyres it comes with...you can get the Masher 3.2 #1075-00, remember to consider if you require the 14mm hex or the 17mm hex too, I think it would be fair to say that theres not many combos this thread hasnt got pics of that will work/fit on an EREVO, so pic what you like, work out if you want to go as big as 40 Series, some people like it some dont, even people who have never tried them on their own car will have an opinion on that, if you have money to burn get what ever you like but if your tight then buy what is proven to work acording to this thread.

good luck,

Aus.

Edited for Language
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 07-16-2010 at 12:08 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Erland
    With those wheels and tires, I'd go with the largest 68 T spur and a 16 T pinion.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Erland
    Haven't been able to try it out yet (broken chassis - waiting with impatience for my KD-design aluminum chassis ;-)

Have new pinion and spur lying around to get back to original gear ratio (hope I have calculated right)... Uncertain how the ERBE will handle the increased weight...

LOSI FORCE WHEELS/2 CHROME 420-SERIES REVO
    LOSI ROAD RASH ON-ROAD STREET TIRES AFTERSHOCK

Erland the viking...
    If I were you, I'd tone it down a bit with that KD chassis. They've been known to bend..

Not to mention that you may wait weeks, even months, before it arrives...
    Last edited by SlotterHouse; 06-29-2010 at 11:55 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Originally Posted by Erland
    Ive got those tyres on axial oversize rims. I have used 18/68 gearing and it will go very hard.
    I want to try 17/68 just for fun, just to see but i sort of think 16 could be too much as the tires are ok but not that grippy, you slide on 18 on moderate/hard acceleration.
    Tape them if you can as the ballooning is insane.
    Not that great on the road and just slide on everything else but should last forever. Stock tyres are much grippier.
    They are fun cos you can do huge slides under braking and all they other fun stuff low gip tyres offer....and wont blow up on full out 6S
    Heavy maybe, not that bad.
    Temps are fine on road but if you try and go off road it will get very hot. All the spinning is not good im sure.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by GoneFusion; 06-30-2010 at 04:41 PM.

RC Competitor
    Can someone give me the link to the 17mm velocity white dish wheels?

RC Qualifier
    ^^^
    Okay so how please tell me how the heck did you get those 23mm Hex wheels to fit on the 17mm Hex Hub that comes with these trucks? I've been trying to find the right adapters/pins etc. to get some type of locking mechanism down so I could use them but to no avail. Please share your secret!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude
    He probably picked up a set of 23mm hubs?????
    Quote Originally Posted by ykndoit
    I am assuming the lock nuts hold the 23mm hexes on the axles.
    ^^^ Thanks all for lending me some help on this matter. What I needed for this to work on the EMBE were THESE (which I already had) and also THESE. I notice, I think it was the Traxxas CVDs which I recently got came with those locking nuts, but they are smooth and not 'serrated' like the ones linked to above. Just an FYI.

So yea, you basically have to lock the wheels in twice so they don't come off the axle. Thanks again guys.

EDIT: You also need axle pins...such as THESE.
    Last edited by makaveli72; 07-13-2010 at 09:19 AM.

RC Champion
    Revolvers and Badlands, nothing fancy

MBX5T|MMM/2200kv|16/46|Hitec 7955TG|KingHeadz

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SlotterHouse
    If I were you, I'd tone it down a bit with that KD chassis. They've been known to bend..

Not to mention that you may wait weeks, even months, before it arrives...
    Arrived in Norway in less than 3 weeks (which is not bad compared to any internet/ebay shopping across the sea) from order date so either I'm lucky and you wore not

I'll definitely be looking out for bending but I see all kind off different feedback on that... Looks like KD has one group of fans and another not so positive... Not sure both group have tried it out and taken the investment though...

After 2 tail landings with broken rear hubs and last time even broken chassis I'm up for something else....

RC Competitor
    I picked up an awesome looking set of tires but they have the 20mm hex. Is there any such adapter for the ERBE with 17mm hex to 20mm hex? Thanks

RC Champion
    I think these will work, but the brown nut is reversed thread, so you'd have to get a couple regular threaded nuts to work.

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...pl?pn=LOSB3510

RC Champion
    Savage XL wheels , Terra pins tires. 17mm hex make it a direct bolt on

old thunder quake body :P
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

Quote Originally Posted by Foxprogt
    Another hit to the assertion that an E-Revo can't look like a monster truck.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster

Gemini black chrome & Traxxas Response

Last edited by Zeeker; 07-28-2010 at 03:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxprogt

What suspension setup do you have on that thing?
    1/16 MERV