Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    RC Enthusiast
    Rather than start a new thread....

I have taped a few set of tires. The tape ultimately failed. The tires started balooning again. One set is still fine to drive, but I basically ruined a set of mashers because they are really out of balance now. I used two pieces of tape overlapped an inch or so in the center line.
    I just ordered a set of Traxxas Pro Response on traxxas dish rims. I was thinking of not taping these. Is this a really dumb idea? Should I just try 2 wraps of tape instead of one? Should I get better tape? Or do some out there have good stories about un-taped tires on 6S. Thanks.

Should I just try 2 wraps of tape instead of one? Should I get better tape?

You cleaned the tires then taped. You need to go around twice with monkey tape ( Gorilla tape is thicker).
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    You might want to start a separate thread, and tell us what process you used to tape the tires. If you didn't wipe them down with isp alcohol or some other cleaning agent, the tape probably didn't adhere because of residue left on the tire during production.

RC Enthusiast
    Here it was my tribute....Geode wheels black with talon tires...

Last edited by marcovelocity; 09-19-2011 at 03:39 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    Should I just try 2 wraps of tape instead of one? Should I get better tape?

You cleaned the tires then taped. You need to go around twice with monkey tape ( Gorilla tape is thicker).

Has anyone tried a couple of drops of CA on the tape to hold in place?

Might put some on the tape first & see how it reacts with it. Humm
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WesselDoubleT View Post
    Does anyone know how quickly/slowly these tires wear as an all around tire (road, grass and dirt mainly?)
    They offer great traction and don't hardly wear at all run after run, I would reccomend them especially on the rpm revolver rims
    KNEE INJURIES HURT !!!

RC poster
    DuraTrax X-cons 1/2" offset are the best tire/wheel i have ever used. I run 6S all day and there is virtually zero ballooning and have been running them for two months now still secure around the bead.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXACCW&P=ML

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by il1kec1v1cs View Post
    DuraTrax X-cons 1/2" offset are the best tire/wheel i have ever used. I run 6S all day and there is virtually zero ballooning and have been running them for two months now still secure around the bead.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXACCW&P=ML
    how are things with such small wheels on the revo? i was always sceptic to put them..

RC poster
    Lined up next to the stock revo tires they are the same hieght. With the X-cons 1/2" offset, the revo sits with a wider stance and handles much better. They are a little narrower, but in my opinion they work better. More "pounds per square in" more traction. Try them out next time you need tires, you won't be dissapointed.

I will post pics later tonight when i am done with work.

RC Qualifier
    i will when i finish my big joes.. they are also so much cheaper in general than mt wheels

RC poster
    What are those? Picture?

RC Qualifier

RC poster
    Very nice, but i imagine those would balloon quite a bit, I run the ERBE with 6s like i said before. What do you have those on?

RC Qualifier
    i have them on axial oversize 8-spoke rims. they dont baloon because i put 3 pieces of tape inside... its a very durable but a very heavy setup

RC Enthusiast
    just looking for a new set of tires for my e-revo any one know a link to a good set of light bashing and heavy street racing?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle2301 View Post
    just looking for a new set of tires for my e-revo any one know a link to a good set of light bashing and heavy street racing?
    Probably the best light weight bashing set up is Proline Badlands 3.8 on Traxxas Geode or Proline Desperado rims. Badlands on Geode rims with 1 strip of duct tape is 239g.

Are you asking for a heavy street racing tire/wheel combo?

RC Racer
    these are a great all around tire for on and offroad...but they are on the big side. but light for their size. they come stock on the thunder tiger MT4-g3. tower has them and i have seen them pretty cheap on e-bay
    SUMMIT
    ERBE
    Peed4X42400
    ThunderTigerMT4-G3

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by deanwrx View Post
    Probably the best light weight bashing set up is Proline Badlands 3.8 on Traxxas Geode or Proline Desperado rims. Badlands on Geode rims with 1 strip of duct tape is 239g.
    I have been procrastinating on whether to buy those or not. I wonder if they will fit on a st of JConcepts Half Ups (3.7"). Either the half ups or a set of LPR wheels would be my choice.

RC Qualifier
    The Badlands 3.8 have the traxxas style bead, so they will not fit the half ups or LPR wheels. They will fit Proline VTR 4.0 wheels with a slight stretch. You can also stretch the Badlands 3.2 on the half ups/LPRs.

I just got Traxxas Response Pro tires too. I haven't run them yet, but they look awesome. Slightly taller than Badlands 3.8 and just as wide. Rubber is very soft and grippy and they are even firmer than the Badlands. These will be mounted on Proline Desperado 3.8 chrome (with offset) or Hyper St wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by BEN_ View Post
    I have been procrastinating on whether to buy those or not. I wonder if they will fit on a st of JConcepts Half Ups (3.7"). Either the half ups or a set of LPR wheels would be my choice.

RC Racer
    Thanks I didn't know the beads on these wheels were different.

I bought my erbe used and it didn't come with the factory wheels so I never noticed the difference.

RC Competitor
    Exists some "Full" offset wheel?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by joaomedina2 View Post
    Exists some "Full" offset wheel?
    I do not know of any from the major wheel makers (Proline, Traxxas, Jconcepts, etc.). But I have seen full offsets in aluminum wheels.

RC Qualifier
    Finally got a chance to mount these and test them out at lunch today.

Took a before/after shot to give an idea of how huge they are.

I will test them out on the summit over the weekend.

Fantastic bashing tire so far. I will definitely need to regear if I run these on the ERBE.

stock talons

Proline Trencher X, mounted on 1/2" offset desperadoes.

These things are massive compared to the talons
    Last edited by LaTuFu; 12-02-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Tapatalk upload error
    ERBE, Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4

RC Qualifier
    Wanting to put a set of bead locks on the new erbe giving my son for Xmas gonna stick with the stock tire size just get some street tires like the bead lock style rims sense I wouldn't have to glue them and could change any time need help finding a set that will just bolt on anyone have suggestions
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Qualifier
    You can go with Proline 40 Series Road Rages (not the Traxxas bead style) with some Axial bead locks. The Axial rims are 17mm. Just keep in mind the beadlocks are heavier than the rims that need gluing. But probably not an issue if you're running Lipos on the beast.

Google "axial beadlocks road rage tires" and do an image search. You'll see many examples.

Video of mounting tires to Axial beadlocks:

Quote Originally Posted by Brewers74 View Post
    Wanting to put a set of bead locks on the new erbe giving my son for Xmas gonna stick with the stock tire size just get some street tires like the bead lock style rims sense I wouldn't have to glue them and could change any time need help finding a set that will just bolt on anyone have suggestions

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    Finally got a chance to mount these and test them out at lunch today.

Took a before/after shot to give an idea of how huge they are.

I will test them out on the summit over the weekend.

Fantastic bashing tire so far. I will definitely need to regear if I run these on the ERBE.
    They are HUGE, and look great. How firm are these tires?

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the help imagine ill just get a set of street tires and another good set of off road tires just swap them when we decide were we want to drive the bead locks will work great no messy glue required

RC Qualifier
    If you get the road rage tires I would recommend getting a wheel that has 1/2" offset. Traxxas Geode or Proline Desperado as examples.

The road rage tires are very grippy.

I have a set on the stock Gemini wheels and I have to be very careful turning if I want to keep it from flipping.
    ERBE, Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4

RC Qualifier
    I would highly recommend going with 40 Series Road Rage tires for concrete/asphalt bashing. They are much more stable during high speed bashing, than the regular 3.8" Road Rage. You will have to use 40 Series Wheels though.

I have the regular 3.8" Road Rage's and my ERBE wants to flip-over sideways, during high speed turns...

Here is an old picture of one of my setups:

Axial 8-Spoke Black Oversize Wheels
    Pro-Line Road Rage 40 Series Tires

I would also highly suggest that you tape your tires, if you are running LiPo's. I prefer to use Gorilla Tape. Gluing tires onto wheels is easy. Beadlocks are heavy and you might have the wheel slipping off the tire, with the power of LiPo's on a ERBE...
    ERBE
    2S-6500-35C
    2S/3S-5000-35C
    2S-5000-45C

RC Qualifier
    This weekend, weather permitting, I'll post up some more ERBE wheel/tire combos...
    ERBE
    2S-6500-35C
    2S/3S-5000-35C
    2S-5000-45C

RC Qualifier
    Do you need to use inserts when putting together a set of wheel and tire combo I'm going to order the Trenchers 3.8 and the Axial 8-Spoke over size series the tires look like they don't include inserts

RC Champion
    All new tires will come with inserts. Its likely that it was just a picture mistake.

RC Qualifier
    Oh yeah its just not in the photo on tower's web site doesn't mention on the details either just wanted to make sure b4 ordering them here is the part # L5ZWY102
    EDIT I SEE IT NOW POOR READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS TODAY
    Last edited by Brewers74; 12-09-2011 at 04:30 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Oh yeah its just not in the photo on tower's web site doesn't mention on the details either just wanted to make sure b4 ordering them here is the part # L5ZWY102
    EDIT I SEE IT NOW POOR READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS TODAY
    Tower does mention that foams are included:

INCLUDES: Two Pro-Line Trencher Tires and Foam Inserts
    Pro-Line decals

Very, very few tires do not come with foams. Only one I every bought without foam is 2.2 Dirt Paws.

RC Competitor
    awsome setup guys!!!

RC Qualifier
    RedRaider - if you can hear me, clear yo inbox. lol

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I just got me a set of axial 8 spokes also it's such a good look..

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-27.468177,153.030651

RC Enthusiast
    Proline Desperado's with Trencher X

RC Qualifier
    Nice looking set-up.
    ERBE
    2S-6500-35C
    2S/3S-5000-35C
    2S-5000-45C