Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    the Jconcepts Double Dee tires how do they work for ya?
    Man if i could fly..........

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by lcaa View Post
    Hi fuzion, I really like your car/ setup/ tire-wheel combo a lot!!

Could you just give a little more detailed information, about how to get the car so low, please?

I did see that info from you (p3 rockers, short rods, as low as it can go), still not sure about those parts though....

Thanks!
    hey man

the setup is: hpi phaltlines on hpi wheels (not taped but used fishing line for the speedruns, on normal use they didnt baloon much), progressive 3 rockers but not with their rods, i used the red aluminum rods (same length as the stock ones) without the spacers to make them longer (hence lower ride height) and outer a-arm holes. 50wt shock oil and pink/purple springs (the stiffest traxxas springs). also the a-arms were mounted on the lower bulkhead holes, and i had also installed the tekno sway bar kit (but that doesnt help on the low height).

here's another pic to show you the final height:

thats how i managed ~70mph (or 110km/h) but i had tire and battery issues. i am telling you like that with high gearing its like a speed demon (but i was jumping as well lol) never flips never wheelies. if you add some aluminum skids i m sure it will kill on bashing as well heh

RC Qualifier
    wow i almost forgot.

for it to get so low i also had zip tied the 2 rockers together. for the speedruns and looks. for normal runs i didnt have zips but it was low a well. perhaps +2 cm

RC Qualifier
    Many thanks! I will try that:-)

RC Enthusiast
    Can I use these tires & wheel for ERBE 5608?
    http://www.mammothhobbies.com/Hpi-Mo...9.htm?CartID=3
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post
    i d like to share some experience on asphalt setups, as i run both the road rage 40 on axial 8-spoke and the hpi phaltlines

the only advantage the road rages have is durability. imo they are really heavy and if you try the hpi which are like half the weight its a massive difference. accelerating, turning, speedruns, runtime, differential wear are way better.

this is the setup i loved (p3 rockers, short rods, as low as it can go), but i ran it on gravel as well and one of the tires was torn (click for large):

Last edited by ntphongzodiac; 08-22-2012 at 01:06 AM.

RC Qualifier
    yeah and a good price. but these are preglued i wouldnt recommend. especially with the chrome rims, did they scrape off the chrome before gluing? who knows.

RC Enthusiast
    I don't think they scrape off the chrome before glue. From this site, pls offer me which rim suitable for these tires? I dont know how to glue? and don't have experience to balance them. Althought I read some thread mension about glue some tape inside the tires.
    yeah and a good price. but these are preglued i wouldnt recommend. especially with the chrome rims, did they scrape off the chrome before gluing? who knows.

RC Qualifier
    well i d recommend you to start searching youtube for rc tire glueing and balancing. the wheels are called blast, i think its the only wheel from hpi that supports those tires due to dimensions.

we usually put linen tape on the inside of the tires to prevent "balooning" on high speeds, or fishing line on the outside. youtube again. really you nee to watch a few videos before attempting anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ntphongzodiac View Post
    I don't think they scrape off the chrome before glue. From this site, pls offer me which rim suitable for these tires? I dont know how to glue? and don't have experience to balance them. Althought I read some thread mension about glue some tape inside the tires.
    Like fuzion said mate...I remember the first time I glued and taped tyres, it was daunting; not to mention balancing. Once you done the first one it ain't so bad. Good luck bro
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    HPI Phaltlines on Blast wheels (Tremor wheels are also an option). I used some home-made closed-cell foams with these - I would not use the super soft foam HPI provides. Also running 12mm extended Integy hubs and extended rear a-arms which really improves the stability of the ERBE.

RC Enthusiast
    Many good info & video after seach youtube, easy understand. Thank you
    well i d recommend you to start searching youtube for rc tire glueing and balancing. the wheels are called blast, i think its the only wheel from hpi that supports those tires due to dimensions.

we usually put linen tape on the inside of the tires to prevent "balooning" on high speeds, or fishing line on the outside. youtube again. really you nee to watch a few videos before attempting anything.
    Thank you, so for Beadlock, some tires & rims cannnot install beadlock right?
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Like fuzion said mate...I remember the first time I glued and taped tyres, it was daunting; not to mention balancing. Once you done the first one it ain't so bad. Good luck bro
    Your truck look stronger with these tires, so I'll order this tire soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by deanwrx View Post
    HPI Phaltlines on Blast wheels (Tremor wheels are also an option). I used some home-made closed-cell foams with these - I would not use the super soft foam HPI provides. Also running 12mm extended Integy hubs and extended rear a-arms which really improves the stability of the ERBE.

RC poster
    Rather than completely starting a new thread.... Would Phaltlines work with Rulux Half-ups (with offset)??? I have had these wheels for the longest and haven't put any tires on them yet. I already have a dirt setup, but I am interested in a street setup as well. I don't necessarily need them for speed runs. Just slight bashing on concrete/gravel.

RC Qualifier
    Nope.
    Phaltline tire: 4.4" diameter
    Half ups rim: 3.7" diameter

Quote Originally Posted by Tite Eyez View Post
    Rather than completely starting a new thread.... Would Phaltlines work with Rulux Half-ups (with offset)??? I have had these wheels for the longest and haven't put any tires on them yet. I already have a dirt setup, but I am interested in a street setup as well. I don't necessarily need them for speed runs. Just slight bashing on concrete/gravel.

RC poster
    ok, thanks... Sounds like I get to spend more money. lol

RC Enthusiast
    Here is my new ERBE and Phaltline Tire but cannot use Traxxas tool for tighten the crew to Hex hub.

RC Racer
    Here is mine proline tech 5 with big joes

RC Competitor
    Bump, I wanna see some more rides!!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by augustine1224 View Post
    Here is mine proline tech 5 with big joes
    That's SHARP

RC Racer
    thanks man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadimman View Post
    That's SHARP

RC Competitor
    On those hpi wheels do they come in pairs or is that per wheel? I was asking ntphongzodiac
    Last edited by Hndacbr6; 09-20-2012 at 11:06 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hndacbr6 View Post
    On those hpi wheels do they come in pairs or is that per wheel? I was asking ntphongzodiac
    They come in a set of two.

RC Enthusiast
    Image for you easy understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Hndacbr6 View Post
    Yes correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    They come in a set of two.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ntphongzodiac View Post
    Image for you easy understand

Yes correct.
    . K thanks. That website is where I bought my ERBE

RC Champion
    I think they work great as I have the same ones and also use the 2.2-3.0 version on my Slash but use the proline beadlocks with carbon fiber rings instead of the steel rings to save weight.

That price seems good and I'm sure you will like them.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i'm also getting the HPI blast wheels and phaltline tires, all i'm waiting are the tires and yes the hex tool from traxxas cant be use to tightened the wheel but instead i use my 17mm socket wrench out of my tool box.

| Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Competitor
    Do the Hpi blast wheel and phaltline tires ballone because I what to get some but it cost more to get them then it then it does to get them pre mounted. I will be running 6s

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rc115. View Post
    Do the Hpi blast wheel and phaltline tires ballone because I what to get some but it cost more to get them then it then it does to get them pre mounted. I will be running 6s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ0vonC_taY These are pre-glued and untaped.

RC Competitor
    Okay I'll see what you're talking about by um um pre glued so how long does the tape last on the inside of the tire

if you get a good tape job, I have yet to have it let go on the Badlands.. more than a year
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    Ok wish me luck

got mine in the mail today and gorilla taped it.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    got mine in the mail today and gorilla taped it.

how many times do you wrap the gorilla tape

2 times thats all you need but, give it an inch passover

I wrap once around with an inch overlap...this has been working just fine for me. Post #91 may be of some use to you .
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 09-25-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Competitor
    I will try that when my tires and wheels get here

RC Qualifier
    psh if only they made those phaltlines a bit more durable in their corners. i dont know how the taped ones hold, but on mine above without tape and some 6-7 batt sets of hard pavement and tarmac turning, one of them was completly torn on the side...

now i run the proline road rage, they are nice but REALLY heavier. affects everything and mostly runtime and temperatures.

RC Qualifier
    The foams that come with the Phaltlines are also insanely flimsy. I made my own foam inserts with closed cell foam and the tires are way more solid - and so is the Revo.

RC Competitor
    When installing new tires to time is it ok to re use the foam inserts from the old tires or should you go ahead and use the new foam inserts? I'm asking brcause y'all are saying the phaltline tire foams are too soft

Quote Originally Posted by deanwrx View Post
    Thanks Craig! Yes, great road tires. You have some pics of your 3.8s? This thread needs more pics. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Will do mate...I am in the process of rebuilding my truck. Once done I 'll post a couple pics of the different tyre and rims I have.
    I have been meaning to do this for some time now. Here you go mate...

HPI GT2's on Maximizer beadloclks with 12" offset

Response Pro's on Geode rims

Road Rage 3.8's Desperado rims with 1/2" offset
    Rock n Rolla !