Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by anr2442 View Post
    OMG i knew the 3.8s would look good on white dish wheels, but they just look plain awesome.
    Thanks. I was worried that the badlands would be too narrow for the dishes, despite proline claiming they fit all traxxas 3.8 inch wheels. But I guess proline was right.

I also have Mashers on yellow J concepts 3.2 offset rulux spokes wheels. They look sick as well. The mashers are for when I will be mixing it up with road and offroad in the same charge. They badlands are grass and dirt only.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dalejw View Post
    Haven't seen this combo yet.

RPM Revolver offset rims with HPI Super Mudders.

Double wrap of thick fishing line through the middle of the tread does a pretty good job of stopping ballooning. Sealed the knots with CA and they haven't come undone in 6 months. Seem to hook up in gravel a little better than the mashers. Awesome in sand.

Does anyone know how quickly/slowly these tires wear as an all around tire (road, grass and dirt mainly?)
    Slash 4x4
    E-Revo Brushless
    RC8.2e

RC Qualifier
    Bump for an awesome thread, currently in the market for some new wheels and tires and seeing all these confuses me even more. i wish there was an all terrain that wasnt so heavy or not as narrow
    Sony Action Camera, My new toy

RC Enthusiast
    traxxas gemini or geode with proline badlands 3.8 are def the way to go

RC Enthusiast
    Both rims are going to badlands

traxxas gemini or geode with proline badlands 3.8 are def the way to go I don't think there is a pic yet
    I power coated the rims, & taped tires.. Best tires so far but one is starting to tear.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    I am a fan of the tire.....But i do feel they are a little to thin..

My havenít torn yet but I feel if I get on it hard with 5s they might fail after a few good sessions im not even gonna put 6s on these.

RC Racer
    Just wondering if anyone has used the new 3.8 road rages on the traxxas wheels. Do they perform well? Do you have any pictures to post here? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bflosti View Post
    I am a fan of the tire.....But i do feel they are a little to thin..

My haven’t torn yet but I feel if I get on it hard with 5s they might fail after a few good sessions im not even gonna put 6s on these.
    Yes they look thin, thats why im not going for those, im an all terrain kinda guy, badlands wont last onroad

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    Sony Action Camera, My new toy

RC Qualifier
    3.2 Badlands on 17mm 1/2 offset maximiser beadlocks.

JATO 3.3
    Stampede Build
    DeWalt 12v E-REVO on 4s

RC Qualifier
    hey oldbikedude those 3.2 badlands seem to have a wide sidewall compared to the 3.8 badlands
    they might stop them from tearing apart like someone mentioned

my last set of tyres split along sidewall so next set i buy i want good grip in had dirt but strong sidewall
    how to the 3,2 badlands go on hard packed dirt

RC Competitor
    So I finally blew two tyres off (stock rims and tyres, 4s).
    I'm looking at replacing the tyres now, maybe some new rims later.

Will 3.2" Mashers fit the stock rims alright?
    Also, they look to have a pretty solid bit of tread running around the middle of the tyres - will this help stop them ballooning? I'm not sold on taping tyres (don't want to have to bake tyres off if the tape comes undone inside them).

RC Qualifier
    In short no, traxxas wheels have their own unique bead design so you need traxxas tires or prolines tire that are made for traxxas wheels. Also the stock wheel is 3.8 so you have to really stretch a 3.2 on there.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by b@3 View Post
    In short no, traxxas wheels have their own unique bead design so you need traxxas tires or prolines tire that are made for traxxas wheels. Also the stock wheel is 3.8 so you have to really stretch a 3.2 on there.
    Thanks for the quick reply. There are so many combinations to choose from and it's hard to know what will fit and what won't.
    Looks like I'll be getting a wheel and tyre combo - probably something from this thread.

I wanted an off set & so I went with Summit Geode's rims 3.8 & Proline Badlands 3.8 tires #1178-00.
    Do you like the before or the after? I still need to glue & balance them.

Before Powder coating:

After Powder coating:

RC Qualifier
    To keep the badland theme going. Proline 3.8 badlands mounted on Proline VTR 1/2 offset wheels. I really like this combo super light and tons of traction. I have about a dozen runs on them and they aren't showing any wear.

RC Enthusiast
    Can anyone tell me if is compatible to fit Traxxas talon 3.8 tires in the Ofna 3.7 LPR 1/2 Offset Wheel Black 17mm Hub OFN86108 ????

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by b@3 View Post
    To keep the badland theme going. Proline 3.8 badlands mounted on Proline VTR 1/2 offset wheels. I really like this combo super light and tons of traction. I have about a dozen runs on them and they aren't showing any wear.

hey which rims are these the velocity vtr 4.0 painted black? they fit the 3.8 tires?

RC Enthusiast
    Proline VTR 1/2 offset wheels

Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post
    hey which rims are these the velocity vtr 4.0 painted black? they fit the 3.8 tires?

RC Qualifier
    i wonder why they say 4.0" and the tires are 3.8"

RC Champion
    b/c the tires fit fine when stretched 0.2" onto the bigger rim. It's actually less than the width of a pencil.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    87 GN When you say the rims are powder coated, do you do the powder coating yourself and do you do it with the tyres on? I thought powder coating left a matt finish rather than shiney?

They look awesome though.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Tires off, Did it myself, There is a bit of a trick to it. I built a stand to put all four rims on, so i don't have to touch them, once I start. Plastic is non metalic, unlike steel. So it is hard to get a good coverage. The powder doesn't like to stick to plastic. The first set I did I had them looking perfect, put them in to bake & It started to melt the rim. Junked four rims. Lesson learned. I am using 95% gloss powder. That is why they have a gloss look.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks for the reply, they do really look awesome.

RC Enthusiast
    Hey guys the tires that came with my used ERBE gave out so I ordered 2 sets of tire/rim combos. first is my onroad with PL 40 Series Road Rage with Axial Oversized 8 Spoke. I use gorilla tape and zap ca glue. However I find it quite heavy.

Soon ill post my HPI GT Tire and Axial Wicked 5 Spoke rims combo for offroad/allterrain

RC Enthusiast
    Anyone recommend to tape 4 brand new talon 3.8 tires on Geode qheels for the e-revo mamba monster???

All comments and help are welcome...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you are using 6s LiPO set up then I would tape Talon tyres. I have seen some Talon tyres that have ripped at high speed. Tape will help prevent this.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks eemmaaxxxx
    I only have battery 3S...so i only run in 6S mode...

At least 2 wraps around the tire, & clean it first.

RC poster
    Does any one know the weight difference between the badlands 3.2 and 3.8? I ve been looking for the 3.2 but couldnt find one. Im a bit concern of the weight increase in 3.8 over the 3.2.. And what are the advantages of badlands 3.8 over 3.2?

3.8 are Traxxas beads. They no longer make the 3.2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    3.8 are Traxxas beads. They no longer make the 3.2
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tyre that changed the world in 3.2 is discontinued.

What about all those with Maximizer beadlocks? I think the Masher will go next as it's the last one standing. I just hope they make that in a Traxxas Bead. Chrome Geode's also seem to be out of stock in many places and Proline's VTR's don't have any offset.

RC Racer
    i have a set of those hpi goliaths that blkchevy has in that pic for sale if anyone want them pm me.... i water proofed them with hot glue over the wholes in the wheels in great shape only used a few time if intrested pm me asap.....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by eemmaaxxxx View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tyre that changed the world in 3.2 is discontinued.

What about all those with Maximizer beadlocks? I think the Masher will go next as it's the last one standing. I just hope they make that in a Traxxas Bead. Chrome Geode's also seem to be out of stock in many places and Proline's VTR's don't have any offset.
    Proline released two new wheels with the traxxas bead. One is zero offset and and the other is 1/2" offset. I got lucky and found a set of 1/2" offset vtrs. You might still be able to find some.

The thing that I don't care for about the new proline tires is that it limits you to only a few wheels. Before you had lots of options. Apparently the traxxas bead design is supposed to be better because you have a more of a glue area.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Desperado 3.8's look awesome! Thanks for letting us know b@3. The pic they have of the wheels mounted on the Summit, wrapped in Road Rages looks fantastic. I'm glad they've released a wheel with offset because although they do add a small amount of extra stress to the bearings etc, the wider stance make handling so much better.

RC Competitor
    totally awsome!!! did you do this your self????

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    I wanted an off set & so I went with Summit Geode's rims 3.8 & Proline Badlands 3.8 tires #1178-00.
    Do you like the before or the after? I still need to glue & balance them.

Before Powder coating:

After Powder coating:

totally awsome did u do this your self?

RC Qualifier
    That after pics are the ones looking great awesome job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post 383 thanks ^^ I like black rims.

Tires off, Did it myself, There is a bit of a trick to it. I built a stand to put all four rims on, so i don't have to touch them, once I start. Plastic is non metalic, unlike steel. So it is hard to get a good coverage. The powder doesn't like to stick to plastic. The first set I did I had them looking perfect, put them in to bake & It started to melt the rim. Junked four rims. Lesson learned. I am using 95% gloss powder. That is why they have a gloss look.

RC Competitor
    totally an inspiration 87 GN!

here is a few pics of my tyre/rim combo at the mo

Pro-Line Big Joe 3.8 Tyres on Tech 5's looking a bit dirty after my bash the other day lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by tingting44; 09-19-2011 at 08:37 AM.