Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    sorry for bringing up this old thread. I was wondering if this will be ok for use in my E-revo.
    PRO113942: PRO113942 1/8 Hole Shot LPR M3 Tire Pre-mounted 1/2" Offset White Velocity 17mm.
    Anyone has used this before? Will this be ok for use on asphalt or concrete for speed runs?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by michael kang; 07-02-2009 at 11:24 PM.

RC Qualifier
    They're on the narrow side, but yes people are using them.

You might want to take a look at the VTR size at 4.0".
    Slash 2WD: A4, MMP,Velineon,STRC,RPM,PL Trans

RC Qualifier
    oh, but it looks just as narrow as LPR M3~ Is there any specific reasons why you recommend VTR size at 4.0"?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    VTRs are narrower than LPRs...either will be perfect!
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Qualifier
    "sorry for bringing up this old thread. I was wondering if this will be ok for use in my E-revo.
    PRO113942: PRO113942 1/8 Hole Shot LPR M3 Tire Pre-mounted 1/2" Offset White Velocity 17mm.
    Anyone has used this before? Will this be ok for use on asphalt or concrete for speed runs?
    Thanks!"

Hey this "old" thread is pretty darn good. You can bring it up anytime.
    Last edited by EREVOfirstcar; 07-03-2009 at 02:35 AM.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    VTRs are narrower than LPRs...either will be perfect!

Thanks I was thinking the opposite.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigART71
    Thanks I was thinking the opposite.
    The VTRs are 5mm narrower than the LPRs...it's right on the Pro-Line website.

RC Qualifier
    I guess I keep missing these facts when I look at the tires. I see the VTR fact when you click on the tire info, but not the LPR.

RC Qualifier
    Okay, I just ordered 1/8 Hole Shot LPR M3 Tire Pre-mounted 1/2" Offset White Velocity 17mm(cancelled on Rulux+badlands combination). I heard good things about proline tires premounted(glued) on velocity rim and that they do not get separated even on 6S run. But I heard so many bad things about preglued one so I am a little afraid........... So do I not need to superglue it again to re-enforce the adhesion between tire and wheel?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by michael kang
    Okay, I just ordered 1/8 Hole Shot LPR M3 Tire Pre-mounted 1/2" Offset White Velocity 17mm(cancelled on Rulux+badlands combination). I heard good things about proline tires premounted(glued) on velocity rim and that they do not get separated even on 6S run. But I heard so many bad things about preglued one so I am a little afraid........... So do I not need to superglue it again to re-enforce the adhesion between tire and wheel?
    I think its better to glue them yourself. Its easy to do and quick and my guess if you glue them yourself they will last WAY longer than preglued ones.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Qualifier
    5B wheels use 20mm hexes.
    23MM Hexes

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Actually, we're both wrong, the Bajas run 24mm hexes.

RC Champion
    Picked up a set of these on ebay for $20. we'll see how they work.

Savage Flux Tires with 17mm Hex:
    RC Addict #341777

RC Qualifier
    Those sure do look nice enough.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachi_RC
    Great thread EREVOfirstcar! Here is my contribution:

Tire: ProLine Badlands MT Tire / $19.99 Pair / Tower Hobbies *LINK*

Wheels: JConcepts Rulux Half Ups 1/2 Off Set / $21.99 for 4 / Tower Hobbies *LINK*

Pictures of this combo:

Do you need adapter to us the rims

Those are stock 17mm Traxxas Spline hubs.
    Emaxx- truggy/CD conversion...

RC Enthusiast
    So the 17mm Traxxas Spline hubs just touch in the corners.
    Last edited by hse32; 07-27-2009 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hse32
    So the 17mm Traxxas Spline hubs just touch in the corners.
    Not quite sure what you are saying here, but you need to Traxxas 17mm hubs or a similar product.

I did not see my combo pictured, so I will add mine.

JConcepts Rulux wheels , part number 3309 with Pro-Line Maxx Masher Tires, part number 1075-00.

-Brett
    Last edited by carraig042; 07-27-2009 at 08:45 PM.
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Enthusiast
    So the 17mm Traxxas Spline hubs just touch in the corners hex in the rims.
    Last edited by hse32; 07-27-2009 at 10:12 PM.

RC Qualifier
    yes .

RC Racer
    I haven't own a set of option tires/wheels for my ERBL yet (still using stock). I can only imagine that you would need a lot of CA glue and it's hard to mount and glue Monster Trucks tires/wheels together.

Someone mentioned mounting 1/2 ups Rulux wheels on Badlands tires are really a pain in the b u t t. In this case, do you even need to tape your tires?

RC Champion
    I'm still not sure what you mean here. Basically the hex shape of the hub has notches in it, which are the splines. The hex shape in Traxxas wheels that these go on have a shape that fits into these notches, but is still a hex shape. These Rulux wheels have the hex shape to them, but they just don’t have the shape to match the notches. Hard to explain unless you see them really. But all in all, they work very well with no issues. So, to answer your question, no they don’t just “touch in the corners”, the hex shape of the wheel matches the hex shape of the hub. Get it?
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachi_RC
    I'm still not sure what you mean here. Basically the hex shape of the hub has notches in it, which are the splines. The hex shape in Traxxas wheels that these go on have a shape that fits into these notches, but is still a hex shape. These Rulux wheels have the hex shape to them, but they just don’t have the shape to match the notches. Hard to explain unless you see them really. But all in all, they work very well with no issues. So, to answer your question, no they don’t just “touch in the corners”, the hex shape of the wheel matches the hex shape of the hub. Get it?
    Yeah, it's hard to understand at first unless you see them or actually own a set of non Traxxas wheels. When I look at my 17mm splined hub I thought the shape was weird and it's specific to fit only Traxxas wheels ...but then didn't realize the 17mm hex splined hex actually form up to be a Hex "shape" itself duh!!...and it would actually fit nicely on other 17mm Hex Wheels.

HSE32 - The Stock ERBL stock 17mm splined Hex Hub works with all wheels that use 17mm Hex. So no need to buy any extra 17mm hubs/adapters.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for cleaning it all up.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by carrotcake
    In this case, do you even need to tape your tires?

I would regardless but if your not going to be running much over 35-40 mph ever then they would probably be ok without taping. It's easy and cheap to do though so why not?

RC Qualifier
    Im glad this thread stayed true to what it was for. Good info,great set ups with pics. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Enthusiast
    I ended up with the MT Badlands on My E Revo, Absolutly killer tires for the track. I am running a Mamba Monster Combo with the 2200Kv motor, 65/18 gearing and 2S1P batteries. I also have 3S1P batteries but they are too fast for the track. The 2S1P will pull wheelies and do full 4wheel drifts in the corner.

I also tried some Lost Super Bolts Ons with Axial Beadlocks, but they were too big, they actually worked out better on my Summit.

RC Qualifier
    Nice revolvers. Some savage users said that they break on hard jumps though.

Is that the chrome RPM bumper? Does the paint chip off?

RC Enthusiast
    Haven't had a problem with the chrome finish on the RPM. I have a large jump on our track that my revo clears about 6 feet up and goes about 20 feet long, before I figured out how to keep it level, it liked to nose dive a bit so each landing dug a divot with the bumper and still no finish issues.

RC Qualifier
    skatepark setup

proline road rage + velocity 1/2 offset
    Just play.

RC Champion
    My contribution - Big Heavy HPI Goliath on HPI wheels (purchased glued as a combo, next time will buy separate). Looks awesome and performs well in bashing applications and high speed (tried them at up to 50MPH without taping inside).

I would buy this again.

The weight is a big minus as they are very heavy and create more damage upon landing sideways or on A-arms, etc.

CLICK TO SEE MORE:

Faster Higher Longer Harder
    youtube.com/BisMaxx •

RC Qualifier
    Here's another option. They are a 3racing pre-mounted 1/8 truggy set

I haven't really put them to the test yet, but so far I'm very happy with them - especially for the price.
    BE the Revo

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=djbis]My contribution - Big Heavy HPI Goliath on HPI wheels (purchased glued as a combo, next time will buy separate). Looks awesome and performs well in bashing applications and high speed (tried them at up to 50MPH without taping inside).

I would buy this again.

The weight is a big minus as they are very heavy and create more damage upon landing sideways or on A-arms, etc.

CLICK TO SEE MORE: (Picasa won't let me embed photos)

http://picasaweb.google.com/bisfotos...kSmartStopLVC#
    Faster Higher Longer Harder
    youtube.com/BisMaxx •

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Balistyx, you are going to regret that purchase...the tires are fine, and the wheels are fine, but the pre-mounted combo is crap. The reason is because the chrome is not removed from the beads on the wheels before the tires are glued on, so they come unglued after about 10 minutes or 40mph, whichever comes first.

I suggest that you bake the tires off of the wheels, remove the chrome from the beads of the wheels, then reglue the tires back on...all before you ever run them, or you risk damaging the tires and/or wheels.

RC Qualifier
    Balistyx, you are going to regret that purchase...the tires are fine, and the wheels are fine, but the pre-mounted combo is crap. The reason is because the chrome is not removed from the beads on the wheels before the tires are glued on, so they come unglued after about 10 minutes or 40mph, whichever comes first.

I suggest that you bake the tires off of the wheels, remove the chrome from the beads of the wheels, then reglue the tires back on...all before you ever run them, or you risk damaging the tires and/or wheels.
    Thanks for the advice, but that's not the case with these particular wheels. Assuming it would be the case as it is with HPI wheels I had decided to take them for a quick low speed spin around the back lawn before baking off and re-mounting the tyres. Before mounting the wheels I first checked the gluing all round and found that on one of them the edge of the foam insert had protruded into the bead, so there was a small section that was not glued at all. I pulled the tyre away and was pleasantly surprised that there is absolutely no chrome in the bead!! I poked the foam back in, re-glued that section and have been very happy with how they've held up. I've since hit some higher speeds on 6s and got some decent ballooning and there is no sign of the tyres unmounting themselves.
    That said, however, I'm inclined to bake them off and tape them anyway, so it's kind of a moot point. I'd also like to remove the chrome from the edge of the rim where the tyre meets so I can glue there as well and create some additional strength and stop grass and grit getting in there. There was factory gluing around the perimeter, but as it is chromed there it was as easy to pull away as tyres that have already been baked.

Overall I am quite certain this is a purchase I will not regret. At $32 for a full set of 4 tyres and wheels (plus only $10 shipping to Australia) it's not the best combo out there, but it has to be close to the best value.
    BE the Revo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Awesome, I stand corrected, then...I am glad to hear they were actually assembled correctly!

RC Qualifier
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but I saw another similar thread started and do not see a need for a new thread, when we can keep adding to a thread already full of tire/wheel options.
    Last edited by RedRaider; 12-13-2009 at 09:48 AM.
    ERBE
    2S-6500-35C
    2S/3S-5000-35C
    2S-5000-45C

RC Qualifier
    That would be nice.

RC Racer
    Don't apologize for bumping a great thread! I love seeing all the different combos guys are running.
    ERevo Brushless Edition
    Lipo 4s 6500mah

RC poster
    What's all this talk about taping? I'm about to replace my stock ERBE wheels because they're starting to wobble pretty badly. Based on what I've read in this forum, I'm going with Rulux half-ups 1/2" offset (white) with either Badlands or Mashers (can't decide which). I'm going to use the AKA racing foam inserts and AKA glue. Do I need to tape the insides? What does that mean anyway? Is there some special tape I need to purchase? How is the tape applied; to the inside of the tire, to the wheel, or to the foam? What does taping do?

FYI, I do serious bashing 90% of the time (on dirt, at a local BMX track), and street runs around my neighborhood the other 10%.

Thanks guys!