Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Thanks for the detailed response, Revo! That's what I was looking for.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    I don't know, I didn't post those, BigART did...his pictures just didn't work so I re-posted for him.

Thanks for reposting them! They worked at first or at least they did when I made the post.

The Imex are 17mm from what I read.

The 5b's are probably 23mm. They have 2 heights to them and you can get the shorter of the 2 which is only 1" taller then a normal MT tire from what I see.
    Slash 2WD: A4, MMP,Velineon,STRC,RPM,PL Trans

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    5B wheels use 20mm hexes.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Racer
    hi guys, i'm looking for a new set of tires,
    this rims
    fit
    this tires?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No, they won't...the wheels are MT and the tires are 40-series.

Why is it so hard for people to get this? I am not flaming, I am honestly asking? it is not hard to do...a simple look at either the title of each or the specs of each tells you if they fit each other.

RC Champion
    No, they won't...the wheels are MT and the tires are 40-series.

Why is it so hard for people to get this? I am not flaming, I am honestly asking? it is not hard to do...a simple look at either the title of each or the specs of each tells you if they fit each other.
    +1 to this. Not being mean either, but it really isn't that hard. This is even listed in the description on the Tower Hobbies page that was linked to:
    The Big Joe exclusively fits 40 Series wheels for MAXX, Terra
    Crusher, TXT-1, Clodbuster, and Juggernaut II.
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Qualifier
    Ok I had to add this. Although I do like my maximizer beadlocks very much, and with my HPI savage tires they are a perect match but!! I used my MT badlands today which I also taped with Gorrila tape prior to gluing them. They help up PERFECT!! No balloning at all even on 6s. I think I prefer gluing tires rather than using the beadlocks. For me the gluing just seemeed easier. Didnt try my swamp dawgs yet though but they are taped and glued so Im assuming they will be the same. I thought my tires might come unglued around the rims like the stock talons but they didnt. They held at every part of the bead. I was very happy. Just thought Id share my pointless information with you all.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachi_RC
    +1 to this. Not being mean either, but it really isn't that hard. This is even listed in the description on the Tower Hobbies page that was linked to:
    The Big Joe exclusively fits 40 Series wheels for MAXX, Terra
    Crusher, TXT-1, Clodbuster, and Juggernaut II.
    ok guys sorry for my question, i thought that they don't fit but i just want to ask to you..
    big joe fit with wabash 40 series, right?

RC Qualifier
    Even new guys like myself have a hard time figuring 40 series, 30 series, MT, Truggy, Buggy and all the different sizes. I've only now been able to figure it out and understand it better. It would be nice if the manufacturers listed better specs for size, width, hex size, etc for thier rims and tires.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigART71
    It would be nice if the manufacturers listed better specs for size, width, hex size, etc for thier rims and tires.
    Well, they do, you just have to read the titles AND the descriptions...

Most of the time you can simply tell by the title of the listing, like MT tires fit MT wheels, LPR tires fit LPR wheels, and other like titles. If the title is too obscure for you to know for sure, just simply look at the descriptions of the tire and the wheel, and you will be able to easily tell with them. They always list diameters, so a 3.2" tire will fit a 3.2" wheel, a 3.7" tire will fit a 3.7" wheel, etc., but you have to understand that they may not always be those exact numbers...there might be a 3.17" tire, but you can tell that it fits a 3.2" wheel. There might be a 3.7" tire, but you can tell that it fits a 3.74" wheel. See, if the numbers are the same, or really close, they will fit.

Also, most smaller tires will stretch onto a larger wheel, but this does not apply to 40-series tires and wheels. Even though a 3.7" LPR diameter tire would physically fit the 3.8" diameter of a 40-series wheel, the tire WILL NOT fit because a 40-series wheel is crazy-wide! The only tires that fit 40-series wheels are tires made specifically fir 40-series wheels, or tires that are the same diameter and the same extra-wide width.

Another thing, just understand that each number size is associated to a letter or name size, like the following:

3.2" = MT, MTR, Maxx, Standard, some Truggies
    3.7" = LPR & Half-Ups, some Truggies
    3.8" (Traxxas) = T-Maxx 2.5R & 3.3, Revo, Revo 3.3, Revo Platinum, E-Revo, & BL E-Revo
    3.8" (40-series) = 40-series & over-size

Truggy wheels and tires started out as 3.2" (MT, Maxx, Standard) size, since that was all that was available when truggies first hit the scene...then, 3.7" (LPR, Half-Ups) came out as a dedicated truggy tire since they were better suited for racing, with their lower-profile and less sidewall roll (flex). You can thank the 40-series race tires for that, since they were the same overall diameter as the MT race tires, but had a much lower profile, which as I stated was better for racing, but the extra-wide width and added weight made them not that good for lightweight race trucks.

As far as buggy tires go, well, they are self-explanitory...they are for buggies, and are smaller in diameter and much, much narrower in width.

Any tire smaller than 3.0" is not meant for trucks the size of our Revos, such as 30-series...30-series are 2.8" and are over-sized for 1/10 stadium trucks, 2.2" is standard for 1/10 cars and stadium trucks, 2.0" is standard for 1/10 cars and trucks older than 1996, 1.9 is common for scale cars and trucks and vehicles older than about 1988.

Anyway, like I said, figuring out what tire fits what wheel couldn't be easier...the sizes are clearly listed both numerically and textual, you just have to use common sense. As far as the hex size, those are also very clearly listed, since that is the most important piece of information buyers need to know. Sometimes, a wheel will be listed as fitting a specific vehicle, so you either just know what hex size that vehicle uses, or do a quick search for it...sometimes you have to put forth a little effort, which is never hard to do. Half the time, you can just look at the wheel and tell what size hex it uses...if it is a 3.2" wheel, and the hole in the center is really small, it fits a 14mm hex...if the hole is kind of big, but not huge, it is a 17mm hex, and if the hole is huge, it's a 23mm hex.

Lastly, just look at the descriptions...if the diameters are the same or very close, and the widths are the same or very close, then they fit each other. How is that hard to understand? Will a 4" ball fit through a 2" hole? No, so use the same logic when buying wheels and tires.

RC Qualifier
    Good follow through. My biggest problem is hex size, they mostly don't say. And then you find out they are 17mm or 14mm with adapters included.

There's a standard, but not everything is standard if you know what I'm saying. I've been using Tower Hobbies as a reference because thier specs seem to be pretty good.
    Last edited by BigART71; 05-26-2009 at 05:10 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well, ALL 1/8 truggy & buggy specific wheels are 17mm hex, so if it's LPR/Half-Ups, then it's 17mm hex...if it's Pro-Line HD, it's 23mm hex, if it's standard MT, it's 14mm hex, 40-series is 23mm hex, etc..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I know it's a lot to learn, but a little research will give you answers...like, if you find a set of wheels that you don't know the hex size, especially on Tower, just look at the "What other people bought with this item" section of the page and you will usually see hex-adapters that people bought for the wheels, and that will tell you what hex size they are. if not, then just simply Google the wheel by name or part number, and you will find all kinds of information.

RC Qualifier
    So all these MT's are generally 14mm. If we have a ERBE which is 17mm, right?, what do we do going down to 14mm or up to 23mm for that matter?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Standard MTs and stock MT size wheels (like stock T-Maxx, T-Maxx 2.5, E-Maxx 3906, and original Savage) are 14mm hex, HD MTs are 23mm hex, Rulux MTs are 17mm hex...

You never go down in hex size, since there are so many MT wheels made for the hex size you already have. But, if for some reason you find a wheel that you have to have and it is a 23mm hex, you just buy a set of 23mm hexes, such as Pro-Line's 23mm hex-adapters...they simply replace your 17mm hex-adapters.
    Last edited by Revoš; 05-26-2009 at 05:16 AM.

RC Racer
    Standard MTs and stock MT size wheels (like stock T-Maxx, T-Maxx 2.5, E-Maxx 3906, and original Savage) are 14mm hex, HD MTs are 23mm hex, Rulux MTs are 17mm hex...

You never go down in hex size, since there are so many MT wheels made for the hex size you already have. But, if for some reason you find a wheel that you have to have and it is a 23mm hex, you just buy a set of 23mm hexes, such as Pro-Line's 23mm hex-adapters...they simply replace your 17mm hex-adapters.
    I have an issue maybe you guys know the answer. Bought 4 Losi Rims and tires they are real big and wide. They say 17MM and the hex is too big on the rim I will look em up. But hobby store guy says losi is weird like that. I am kind of bummed and only glued one. $100 for something i cannot use.

RC Racer
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...source=froogle these tires
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB7012 These are the wheels. They have revo 3.3 adaptors but the hexes are just to big.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you everyone for all the pics,input and links, This turned into a pretty good tire and rim thread that should provide many new users and maybe even a couple vetrans with viable tire and rim options other than the common stuff we all see. Thank you also to Revo1 with a very precise matter of fact on what fits what and how to tell.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by moneypitrevo
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB7012 These are the wheels. They have revo 3.3 adaptors but the hexes are just to big.
    Do you have these?
    BE the Revo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    moneypit, just to let you know, those wheels and tires are 420-series, which are larger than Pro-Line's 40-series, so they really are HUGE!

RC Qualifier

Those things look huge

Man those tires look really wide!!
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They are! The Losi 420-series makes the 40-series look like a 2.2 tire next to an MT tire, heh!

RC Racer
    They are! The Losi 420-series makes the 40-series look like a 2.2 tire next to an MT tire, heh!
    Yeah they are huge. I glued and taped one so now i am stuck cannot return them. I have the adaptors but they do not fit 17mm hex. They actually will look great on the ERBE but no go on the hexes. Any ideas I really want to use them as an all round tire and gear down.

RC Qualifier
    Aren't the Rulux 1/2 Ups basically a narrow 40 series?

I'm curios because Chachi has some Badlands MT's 3.2's stretched over them and if they fit on Rulux 1/2 Ups 3.97" x 2.32" then Maximizers at 3.82" x 2.17" should be and easy to fit as well?

Also I have a question between Maximizers and Axial Oversized Narrow Beadlocks, any of you try them both and any of you prefer one over the other and why?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well, half-ups are LPR (3.7" bead) size, and 40-series are 3.8" (at the bead) size, but if the tire's actual bead is smaller than the wheel's actual bead, they will fit just fine.

RC Champion
    I still would be worried about the Badlands fitting on 40 series. I think the width would be the killer. Proline 40 series wheels width is 3 7/16" (87mm) and the Badlands MT tires are 2.72" (69.08mm).

I think they would end up looking round like a doughnut... lol
    Emaxx- truggy/CD conversion...

RC Qualifier

Sell them

Yeah they are huge. I glued and taped one so now i am stuck cannot return them. I have the adaptors but they do not fit 17mm hex. They actually will look great on the ERBE but no go on the hexes. Any ideas I really want to use them as an all round tire and gear down.

I would tape the others, mount them and sell them on ebay. Thats where I got rid of the 3 sets of tires and rims I bought that did not fit. You almost always at least get your money back. Better than having something sit around you cant use. Remember if you find somethinmg you like and your not sure if it will fit you can always ask in here and get help.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Qualifier
    I still would be worried about the Badlands fitting on 40 series. I think the width would be the killer. Proline 40 series wheels width is 3 7/16" (87mm) and the Badlands MT tires are 2.72" (69.08mm).

But the Maximizer is narrow and so is the Axial Oversize Narrow.

RC Champion
    I know they will fit the Maximizer, and I'm pretty sure they will fit the Axial. I was talking specifically (as mentioned in my post) about the Proline 40 series that was asked about. You can find picks of the Maximizers with Badlands on this forum, and I'm not sure if anyone is running the Axials with Badlands, although I think someone posted in this thread about the Axials.

RC Qualifier

Me

But the Maximizer is narrow and so is the Axial Oversize Narrow.
    opps. never mind!! lol
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Qualifier
    I know they will fit the Maximizer, and I'm pretty sure they will fit the Axial. I was talking specifically (as mentioned in my post) about the Proline 40 series that was asked about. You can find picks of the Maximizers with Badlands on this forum, and I'm not sure if anyone is running the Axials with Badlands, although I think someone posted in this thread about the Axials.

I really like the look and I already have badlands on my Slash and it is super sticky on the dirt track. i.e. they really hook up well so I'm hoping for the same performance with the ERBE when I get it. It's on order now!

RC Racer
    Hpi Mag-8 with Proline Badlands MT standards

[/QUOTE]

RC Qualifier
    New Momentum Truggy Tires.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ERBEdude
    Hpi Mag-8 with Proline Badlands MT standards
    Those are sweet, how heavy are they?
    RC Addict #341777

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by tonkajeep34
    Those are sweet, how heavy are they?

im not too sure... i think the rims are lighter than stock but i would think the tires are a bit more.. the pro-line foam has some mass to it.. not super soft.

RC Enthusiast
    The Badlands are 181 Grams each which I believe is significantly lighter than the Talons. I can't find any specifics but I bet the Talons are in the 275 to 300 grams. Depending on how you mount them, nylon dish or nylon spoke would be a huge rolling wait reduction over stock.

I have the Badlands glued to nylon spokes for when I want to go fast in the dirt (like at the track), I have 3.8 Road Rages on nylon dish for the road and for basking I have Losi Super Bolt Ons fitted to Axial Beadlocks (these are BIG tires) for bashing.

RC Champion
    New Momentum Truggy Tires.

those look like a set of worn down Badlands..they're 85% the same as Badlands...they seem to have a low tread profile too..why's that?
    Fluttershy is best pony.

RC Qualifier
    It's how they are brand new. I wrote a small review of them here:

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=481819

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lots of companies are ripping off the Pro-Line Badlands design, because it is so successful.