Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Tire & rim options with pictures

Ok so this thread is more for the new guys like me who have had a little trouble finding tire and rim combos. I spent alot of time trying to figure out what tires and rims would go together and to be honest I never really got it. One thing I knew for sure is when I looked at users pics on here it seemed alot of people pretty much use alot of the same combos and I knew I wanted something a little different. With the help of a few good forum members (Revo1,chachi,Brushlessman) I was able to put together a few good tire and wheel combos that fit and that I didnt see on every car I looked at. Below you will find a list of what I have along with part numbers and names incase you would like to order the same set up. As well as a few pics. Hope you enjoy and that this may help someone who like me had a hard time choosing tires and rims. All the prices and part numbers listed are from Towerhobbies.com and prices were what I I paid at the time I ordered them.

1. Rulux 1/8 wheels 1/2 offset ups Part number #LXTTD0 $19.59 set of four.These rims come in a set of four. They come white and you dye them black. They are fitted with Jconcepts Double Dee tires part #lxufb4 $47.98 forset of four.

2.Maximizer beadlocks zero offset 12 spoke part #LXNWP7 $55.98 for set of four. Fitted with HPI GT2 Tires 160x86mm Savage part# LXMCZ5 $53.98 for set of four.

3.RPM Revolver Monster Truck Wheel 17mm Chrome part#LXVCA4 $30.18 for set of four. Fitted with IMEX Swamp Dawg Tire Medium w/Molded Foam part#LXWFW0 $42.98 for set of four.

4.RPM Revolver 3.2" Monster Truck Wheel 17mm Black part#LXVCA3 fitted with Proline Mt badland tires. part#lxnks3 $39.98 for a set of four.

Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Enthusiast
    I ended up buying the Badlands with the Axial AX8041 Beadlocks for off road and a set of Ofna white dish, 1/2"offset with some Proline Roadrage tires for teh pavement. Both sets are 17MM.

When I get them in and rolling, Ill post some pics.

RC Champion
    Great thread EREVOfirstcar! Here is my contribution:

Tire: ProLine Badlands MT Tire / $19.99 Pair / Tower Hobbies *LINK*

Wheels: JConcepts Rulux Half Ups 1/2 Off Set / $21.99 for 4 / Tower Hobbies *LINK*

Pictures of this combo:

Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Qualifier
    that body looks so sweet chachi. did you paint it? is that your show revo or you use it?
    Just enjoying ERBE!

Chachi had that body painted before he even got his e revo. lol
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by EREVOfirstcar
    that body looks so sweet chachi. did you paint it? is that your show revo or you use it?
    Thanks man! Yup, I painted it myself, rattle can style! I do, or did, use it pretty hard. It looks nothing like this now, I can tell you that. I take pride in painting a body, making it look really good, then thrashing it! I keep them all after they are used up like a badge of honor. They hang on my wall in my garage as evidence that there are no shelf queens here!

Quote Originally Posted by 31794ty
    Chachi had that body painted before he even got his e revo. lol
    Yes, yes I did. It has been seen on here for a long time. That is what I did while waiting for my ERBE, is get a couple of bodies painted up and ready for the summer bash season. Who wants to be painting a body when you can be out bashing! I sold my regular E-Revo in anticipation of the ERBE, so I had time on my hands!

RC Champion
    These are Axial rims for oversized tires(40 series) and proline 40 series mashers.

RC Qualifier
    Nice to see your tires and rims. Keep the different tire and rim combo pics coming guys. This can be a good thread for anyone looking for rim and tire combos. Lets see your pics and remember to include names or rims and tires and where you got them. Peace out
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Qualifier

Those look pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by round
    These are Axial rims for oversized tires(40 series) and proline 40 series mashers.

For me thats a really good looking combo.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Champion
    The traction is ridiclous as well. These are probably the best tires for on and off road drivers.

RC Qualifier
    these are maximizer beadlocks with 1/2 inch offset.. and hpi dirt claws.

RX8 E-Revo
    WIDE Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    z-class that is a nice looking combo. Keep them rim and tire pictures coming everyone. Would be nice if Revo1 would show us a few of his combos.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Champion
    Heres my very common setup. I run Proline Badlands on Jconcepts Rulux offset MT wheels.

Heres a pic:

Revo, Brushless, 50mph, $800, No You Cant

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ooooohhh, I like that VW body!!! Is that HPI or Pro-Line?
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Champion
    Looks like it might be the new ProLine Bug body, which has two lengths...long and short versions. Check it here for the long one:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWXZ7&P=ML
    You just have to cut out the motor section on the back of the body if you want to run it with the wing.

RC Qualifier
    thanks for the pic Cowboy that bug does look sick man. come on Revo1 show us some rims n tires you running.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Here you go, these are the wheels & tires I have that aren't mounted on any vehicles...

Left: Pro-Line Moab XLs on Pro-Line Cheyenne Narrow Bead-Locks, Right: Pro-Line Badlands MTs on Pro-Line Velocity HD 23mm ˝" off-set MTs, Front: Pro-Line Bow-Tie MTRs on Pro-Line Velocity HD 23mm ˝" off-set MTs...

Left to Right...
    Middle Row: Ofna 1/8 buggy slicks on Ofna 1/8 5-star buggy wheels, and Tamiya Mad Bison spikes tires on Tamiya Mad Bison full/super off-set wheels (hex hole is flush with the lip on the back of the wheel)...
    Front Row: First 3 sets are Pro-Pulse 1:18 MT all-terrain tires, then Pro-Pulse 1:18 MT onroad tires, then Pro-Pulse 1:18 buggy tires (all Pro-Pulses come mounted and glued).

RC Qualifier
    DAM REVO1,have enough tires dude? Hey quick question. You do plan on getting those tires dirty dont you? Hey what do you put those big giant tires on? Those things look huge. See this has turned out to be a good thread. Theres already quite a few tire and rim options here for someone whos looking for a set up. Nice job everyone. Keep them pics coming.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have at least as many sets that are mounted on vehicles!

The big Moab XLs go on my Super-Class Rock-Crawler!

RC Qualifier
    Those big tires and rims look pretty cool man. I been looking at the rock crawling. Looks like it could be fun. They just had a big rock crawling thing here where I live. Down by the beach they have insane amount of rocks perfect for crawling. I been looking at the summit. I think that might be my next rc truck. A little rock crawling,a little through the mud.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Qualifier
    Just a few shots on the car. I really like the chrome rims.

Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Qualifier
    Ok you have all the tires for a revo help me on a slayer considering rpm revolver and komodo dragons or 1/8th buggy and 17mm hexes or lpm tires and wheels

RC Qualifier

?

Quote Originally Posted by bllski
    Ok you have all the tires for a revo help me on a slayer considering rpm revolver and komodo dragons or 1/8th buggy and 17mm hexes or lpm tires and wheels

Not sure who you are talking to. Sincve this is a revo forum I would suggest asking that question in the slayer forum. You might get a few responses here but like I said its a revo forum.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Qualifier
    I have just fishing, slayer uses same axle carriers as the revo. so someone might know something and I'm looking for wider more truggy like options.

RC Qualifier
    unusual setup IMO, all traxxas though. T-Maxx 3.3 (6.3") Tires and Revo 3.3 Wheels 17mm. I like this setup and has worked pretty well, but i may have to buy those Imex Swamp Dogs up top for some crawling! those are sick!
    E-Revo MMM 2200 6s 22/65

RC Qualifier
    ^ That truck looks sick. Like the shaded lights. The swamp dawgs would look cool on that truck. Thanks for the pic. Lets keep the tire and rim combo pics coming everyone.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Champion
    I've got a similar setup to MMstar,, I've been running these tires on my E-maxx for almost a year and they've held up real well and get pretty good traction.

T-Maxx 3.3s on Huricanes

And here's one with the moab (not the XLs) On the Cheyenne beadlocks (just got them mounted have yet to see how they work):

RC Qualifier
    ^ I like those rims. They would look good with anytire I think. Nice looking truck body to. Thanks for the pic. Looks like we already have about 15 different tire and rim combos. Looking good so far. Keep em coming everyone!!
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Qualifier
    Anyone check these out from Tower? They're IMEX.

And they come in chrome in the same combos.

Slash 2WD: A4, MMP,Velineon,STRC,RPM,PL Trans

RC Qualifier
    I've been wanting to see these as well. 6.7" Tall.

XTR Tires premounted on Black Desperado Wheels

Last edited by BigART71; 05-25-2009 at 04:52 AM.
    Slash 2WD: A4, MMP,Velineon,STRC,RPM,PL Trans

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Here you go, you have to remove the "2" from the "www2" part for the pics to work...

Quote Originally Posted by BigART71
    Anyone check these out from Tower? They're IMEX.

And they come in chrome in the same combos.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    And his last one...

Quote Originally Posted by BigART71
    I've been wanting to see these as well. 6.7" Tall.

Proline Badlands XTR Tires premounted on Black Desperado Wheels

RC Champion
    ^^^Aren't those for the 5b? I've loved the looks of those Desperado wheels, but figured they were WAY too big to run on an ERBE.

RC Champion
    For everyone running badlands:
    How good are these tires? I have seen a ton of people running them. Are they any good for your typical track? My dilemma has to do with me wanting a new set of tires that are good on the track, but better than the stockers on loamy, sandy, bashing-like terrain. The stockers are decent, but I want a wider stance as well.. Is there a decent all-around tire for this or am I looking at two different sets?

RC Qualifier

Proline Mt badlands?

Quote Originally Posted by jcm-maxx
    For everyone running badlands:
    How good are these tires? I have seen a ton of people running them. Are they any good for your typical track? My dilemma has to do with me wanting a new set of tires that are good on the track, but better than the stockers on loamy, sandy, bashing-like terrain. The stockers are decent, but I want a wider stance as well.. Is there a decent all-around tire for this or am I looking at two different sets?
    I have the mt badlands and they are great. Dont wear fast and they are good in the loose dirt as well as gravel type dirt and grass. Quite a few people use them and really like them. there not meant for pavement or street though.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Chachi, yes, those are the 5B tires, but since BigART listed them I went ahead and helped him out...

Yes, the Badlands really are an excellent tire, and would work pretty well in your loamy dirt that is on your track, as long as it is about ź" deep or so.

RC Champion
    Hmm.. what about the hard-packed stuff? Can they hold there own? Obviously bow-ties are better for those situations, but I just can't justify spending $70+ on a set of tires that I will only run a few times a month.

RC Qualifier

Are all thses rims 17mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    Here you go, you have to remove the "2" from the "www2" part for the pics to work...
    So are all the rims you posted 17mm? Lets say a rim isnt 17mm, do they have adapters so you can use any rim?
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I don't know, I didn't post those, BigART did...his pictures just didn't work so I re-posted for him.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm-maxx
    Hmm.. what about the hard-packed stuff? Can they hold there own? Obviously bow-ties are better for those situations, but I just can't justify spending $70+ on a set of tires that I will only run a few times a month.
    Badlands don't work very well on hard-packed dirt...Pro-Line originally designed them for use over in Europe, since it rains a lot over there and the tracks always get real muddy, so they were actually made for the mud. But, bashers liked them so much, they started selling them to the public. Anyway, they are best in grass, gravel, deep loose dirt, sand, etc....on hard-packed surfaces they just won't bite very well, and you will be very disappointed in them.

Bow-Ties are excellent tires, but even they aren't designed for really hard-packed surfaces, they are designed for firm surfaces that have a layer of loose dirt on top. But, they do work well for general bashing, and go great everywhere except medium to long grass. They actually work great on concrete or asphalt, they just wear fast on it.

Then there are Crime Fighters...they are designed for firm to hard-packed surfaces that have a thin layer of dirt or a heavy layer of dust on top. They work well in those track conditions, but don't work well for general bashing, unless you are bashing on surfaces similar to the track conditions I described. They do work pretty well on concrete and asphalt, but again, they wear really fast.

And finally, Holeshots...they are designed for hard-packed to blue-grooved surfaces, with either no dirt at all or a very thin layer of light dust, and they do not work at all for any type of bashing, unless you are bashing on a hard-packed or blue-grooved track. They also work decently on concrete and asphalt, but they will be bald after about 30 minutes of bashing.

All of the above mentioned tires are Pro-Line, but there are many more out there, such as AKA (they make some excellent tires), HPI, and many more.