RC Racer

E-maxx motor in E-revo

What the difference of 3975 & 3975r ?
    Have 2 x 3975 i want to use in the E-Revo, is it just to switch + & - on one of them ?
    A lot of Traxxas cars

RC Qualifier
    Titan motors have advanced timing i beleive. This means they produce more power in the forward direction normally (unless the timing is set for a reversed type motor)

In the E-Maxx both motors spin the same direction so that's fine as they put out more power in this direction.

in E-Revo's you have one motor spinning clockwise and the other anti-clockwise
    So the timing on the Reverse rotating motor is set in a way it produced more power in that direction.

In short, the motors you have will work, but the one in the Reverse rotation will heat up more maybe, not perform as good at all and wear out quickly. It's not recommended
    I was born to break the mould

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoretam
    Titan motors have advanced timing i beleive. This means they produce more power in the forward direction normally (unless the timing is set for a reversed type motor)

In the E-Maxx both motors spin the same direction so that's fine as they put out more power in this direction.

in E-Revo's you have one motor spinning clockwise and the other anti-clockwise
    So the timing on the Reverse rotating motor is set in a way it produced more power in that direction.

In short, the motors you have will work, but the one in the Reverse rotation will heat up more maybe, not perform as good at all and wear out quickly. It's not recommended

I think it would very quickly wear one or both motors out. With advanced timing the motor in forward direction spins faster. So going forward one motor will be spinning faster and in reverse the same. I do know with brushless as well as twin nitro motors they both have to be the same.

If you need a reverse titan i'll sell you a NIB one pretty reasonably.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Champion
    ya one motor on the e revo runs backwards were one the e maxx both motors run the same direction
    if your not breaking anything get more air