RC Racer

Tires / Rims for E-Revo

Hey there

I'm looking for a sweet tire/rims upgrade for my E-Revo. I'd like the tires to be a bit offset since I have trouble with flipping over the car too often right now.

Would the following be a nice combo?

Tires:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNKS3&P=ML
    Rims:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTTD6&P=M

I guess the size of the tires are exactly the same as the stock ones, would you recommend bigger ones or does this have bad influence on stability or heat issues?
    Since they would be my first new tires/rims, I was also wondering what you guys could advice me, should I use normal tire-glue that I could get at my LHS or is there something better on the market? Would you also recommend putting 2 wholes in the center (180° apart) as a water release?

thanks in advance

RC Qualifier
    That's a good combo. I have a set. You will have to stretch the badlands on to the half-ups. Once you get them on you'll really like them. I use team losi thin tire glue, and yes I would drill 2 holes in the wheels. That is a great setup for bashing.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by yzf128r
    That's a good combo. I have a set. You will have to stretch the badlands on to the half-ups. Once you get them on you'll really like them. I use team losi thin tire glue, and yes I would drill 2 holes in the wheels. That is a great setup for bashing.
    Cool thanks, but am I right that the half-ups will make the wheelbase a bit wider? Do you have any pictures comparing the stock tires/wheels to my mentioned combo?
    I'd really like to find a solution to my flipping over problem and I'm uncertain if the new tire/wheel combo would do the job .

I will also want do dye the rims black, do you have any suggestions how to do it best, I heared about Rit Dye, but since I'd have to order it to Switzerland, I'd like to get something from here. Normal black paint spray wouldn't do?

RC Racer
    I also found these now:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNWR1&P=M

they are already black so I wouldn't have to dye them, but are they any good?

RC Qualifier
    I also have a set of the beadlocks you linked to, and I really don't care for them. They are very heavy, and from my experience they don't hold the tire any better than a good glue job. So I can't recommend them. As for dye, RIT is just a fabric dye used to dye clothes. I'm sure that you must have a simular product available to you in switzerland. On the rulux rims, get the offset ones. They will add 1/2" to each side of the truck for a total of 1" wider than stock. I will go take some pics of the tires I linked you to on rulux half-ups in a little bit. I don't have my stock talons anymore, but I do have some Maxx tires that I can compare them to. Hang tight.

RC Qualifier
    Ok. Here's some pics. The yellow rims are Half-ups with badlands mounted on them. The black rims are Half-ups dyed black with HPI GT tires mounted on them. The chrome rims are stock E-Maxx tires (comparable to the stock e-revo talons).

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's it, I am baking my Badlands off of my Velocities right now and putting them on Half-Ups!!!
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Racer
    Thanks a lot for the pictures yzf128r!
    They look much smaller (in width) then I expected, the stock E-Revo tires are definitely wider then the posted badlands.

So how exactly is it possible than that the badlands have a better traction (though much less surface area) than the original tires? Somehow I can't imagine that it's just the different tread.

I was actually looking for some tires which look more "monster" , but if everybody is saying the mentioned combo beats the stock any time, than I'm going to be happy to go for it anyway

btw, do I have to change gearing when switching to this set?
    Last edited by ecopsorn; 05-22-2009 at 12:55 PM.

RC Qualifier
    the badlands will give you much better traction than stock. Those tires I posted are several months old and rather worn down. The tread pattern and rubber compound provide better traction than stock even though they are narrower. The HPI GT's have incredible traction. They are a little bit on the heavy side, but great for really rough terrain. What gearing are you running? If you have stock gearing you will be fine switching your tires. I run 22/62 with all of the above tires and have 0 heat issues. I actually just ran my truck with the badlands on it. After 25 min. of constant driving on the track at my house, my temps were 134 on the motor and 97 on the MMM.

RC Racer
    Can I go a little off topic and ask what are half-ups? And what are the differance between them and regular rims? Thanks.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Half-Ups are JConcepts' version of Pro-Line LPRs, made to fit LPR tires. They are larger in diameter (3.7" bead) than the standard MT size (3.2" bead), to give you less sidewall flex).
    Last edited by Revoš; 05-22-2009 at 04:26 PM.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by yzf128r
    the badlands will give you much better traction than stock. Those tires I posted are several months old and rather worn down. The tread pattern and rubber compound provide better traction than stock even though they are narrower. The HPI GT's have incredible traction. They are a little bit on the heavy side, but great for really rough terrain. What gearing are you running? If you have stock gearing you will be fine switching your tires. I run 22/62 with all of the above tires and have 0 heat issues. I actually just ran my truck with the badlands on it. After 25 min. of constant driving on the track at my house, my temps were 134 on the motor and 97 on the MMM.
    Ok I guess the Badlands and JConcept Half-Up Rims are the way to go for me than.
    I have my truck only since 2 weeks and it's my first RC machine . Anyway I'm loving it and I'm already crazy about upgrades.
    I mainly run it at a gravel pit with different stone sizes, the terrain is mostly rough but the stones are also pretty loose.

I do run stock gearing mainly because first of all I don't know how to change it (shame on me, should look into that once) and secondarily I'm pretty satisfied with the power/torque the car has to offer so far.

My motor temps are pretty much the same as yours, probably a bit hotter when driving 25min straight. My ESC is always at about 110 and the lipos don't get hotter than 90.

thanks a lot for the information, next thing to do for me is to check out the whole gearing stuff and probably open another thread when I stuck.

thanks