Hybrid View

RC Racer

Dual modified motors

Hey guys i was thinking, wouldnt dual modified or just very nice brushed motrs work for the e-revo since they work for the rustler,slash,pede,bandit?

RC Qualifier
    It is not a good idea. For a truck of this size, you need bigger motors. Maybe the Trinity Monster motors but any regular 540 motors are not a good idea. For other options besides the Titans, you can look at a single Titan 775 or the 700HO setups from Kershaw designs.
    Summit, CEN MG10-TR, Losi Micro-T

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    a 27 mod motor would work but they need to be set a 0* timing

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The problem is that not many motors are made to run backwards, and to run duals you need 1 motor running regular direction, and the other running backwards...you just can't wire them up backwards, because they don't run as well in reverse.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Racer
    Oh, thats right, I completely forgot about the 0 timing. LOLZ Well thanks anyways guys.
    GOOSE117

RC Qualifier
    I'm supprised no one has mentioned this, but almost all of the "mod" motors out there are 540 sized and only designed to work at around 7.2 to 8.4volts max
    They are shorter than the Titan's so they don't produce a lot of torque to shove around the heavy truck. Also, running them on dual battery packs will cause them to overheat and wear out extremily quickly. I know someone on another forum used 2 x 15turn 540 mod motors on 14.8v. They lasted about 5 minutes before the solder holding the wires on the motors melted. They got a GPS reading of just over 32mph on pavement before the motors failed. The Trinity Monster Max motors are suitable mod motors as they are 550 sized and designed for 14.4volts. I heard a lot of negative feedback however about them needing rebuild every 2nd run on this voltage and once rebuilt (even with the comm cut) they don't perform much better than titans.
    I was born to break the mould