RC poster

Question E-Revo automatically brakes!!

Hi

I have just been having some trouble with my E-Revo. I was just driving it and it automatically brakes and comes to a halt itself. Does anyone know why this happens? It hasn't happened before...

Also, when i turn on the E-Revo, it starts to drive itself, and the further i get from it, the faster it goes...

Thanks
    I appreciate the help

Adam

RC Qualifier
    What are you using for a radio system? Sounds like you need to center your trims, reprogram your ESC, and see if it still does it. You could just try to change your throttle trim right now to see if that works...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would say do what kool said; center your trims and then center your servos, re-setup your ESC, and then do a range test...it does sound like a glitching/interference problem to me.

How do you have your antenna mounted? Is your antenna wire cut or frayed?
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

Do you have a brushless system? You could have drag brake on.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by koolwhipman
    What are you using for a radio system? Sounds like you need to center your trims, reprogram your ESC, and see if it still does it. You could just try to change your throttle trim right now to see if that works...
    Hi

I am using the stock radio system, i think its the TQ...I centered my throttle trim yesterday and the glitchyness seemed to go, but it still sometimes whilst i am running it, sutomatically brakes for some reason...

Do you reprogram the evx2 by just holding the button till the red light blinks once? Because i did that the other day, it made no difference...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 31794ty
    Do you have a brushless system? You could have drag brake on.
    I have ordered a brushles system - the mamba monster v3 and a feigao 580L motor... What is a drag brake..

RC Qualifier
    it is a function of brushless motor controllers that instead of letting the motor freewheel (like a nitro) it applies a small amount of brakes when the throttle is released to neutral. some people use this function to automatically brake a vehicle a specific amount as they enter a corner on tracks. (good idea so you dont panic brake and lock up the wheel and loose all control)
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

RC Qualifier
    double post
    If it didn't break you can do it again.