RC Enthusiast

Help deciding...

Hi All,
    I've had RC trucks in the past, mostly random stuff, but the last ones I had were an HPI Micro RS4, and a HPI Savage SS. Those are long gone and now I am looking to get back into RC. I am torn between the E-Revo and the E-Revo VXL. I am kind of stuck on the VXL being smaller, but I really like the brushless. Going with an E-Revo brushless will cost too much in the end I think. So far from Tower I have the option of just under $700 for the E-Revo with 4 batteries and a charger, or I could go with the VXL and have everything I need ready, plus some money to spend on more/better batteries. I also found this, http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...2&Show=ExtInfo I am not sure if anyone has bought from them before, but it sounds like a decent deal. Anyone have some suggestions or thoughts on the dilemma?

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    i think either way whatever you decide to get you wont be disapppointed. i dont know much about the 1/16 but i gurantee itll be a beast and be just as good as a lil better than the erevo but just smaller. So yea its up to you, do you want to, if you like the smaller scale or bigger. I was thinking about selling me 1/10 and getting a 1/16. It only used 1 battery and i think itd be fun but we'll see. i might just stick with the 1/10 for the fact that theres not 1 thing that can stop that thing. its amazing.
    E-revo for sale. PM me for more info.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TitusTetricus
    Hi All,
    I've had RC trucks in the past, mostly random stuff, but the last ones I had were an HPI Micro RS4, and a HPI Savage SS. Those are long gone and now I am looking to get back into RC. I am torn between the E-Revo and the E-Revo VXL. I am kind of stuck on the VXL being smaller, but I really like the brushless. Going with an E-Revo brushless will cost too much in the end I think. So far from Tower I have the option of just under $700 for the E-Revo with 4 batteries and a charger, or I could go with the VXL and have everything I need ready, plus some money to spend on more/better batteries. I also found this, http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...2&Show=ExtInfo I am not sure if anyone has bought from them before, but it sounds like a decent deal. Anyone have some suggestions or thoughts on the dilemma?

Thanks
    I brought the same setup and I love it got it from amainhobbies.
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Competitor
    Titus, you can't go wrong with either.....as for that combo, if you price it out it doesn't seem like much savings, so read the posts and chose your batteries/charger wisely. I bought a bunch of Nimh last year when I could have waited and saved a bit and gotten lipos, so now I have a bunch of paperweights. Those Venom batteries are average, I don't know much about the charger.
    Just my 2 cents,
    Doug

RC Racer
    heres just one idea to include in your decision making. do you want to bash in water or rain? from what i have been told brushless dont do well with moisture but the brushed revo can bash year round.
    also from what ive heard the 1/16 vxl has a much higher top speed with nimhs and lipos
    . tough choice bro, let us know what you get

RC Enthusiast
    Ok so I made the decision and went to my LHS today. I ended up ordering the E-Revo Brushless, not the VXL, full-size. I figured if I want to have fun, that's the best option. The guys at the store were selling it cheaper than Tower, $620 for the E-Revo instead of the $660 I've been seeing elsewhere.

I went with some NiMHs for now, 2 7-cell 3000 Mah, and an Onyx 240. For this year at least I'll stick with NiMHs, maybe get a couple more pairs of 4000 or 5000 Mahs, next year maybe I'll switch to the LiPOs.

They had just sold the last E-Revo Brushless, so I will have to wait a couple weeks, but the Onyx 240 was back ordered too, it seems they are everywhere, so it's cool.

Can't wait for it to show up. The only downside is no running in the snow, but I hate the cold anyways, haha.