Thread: sluggish

RC poster

sluggish

just a quick question? I have a slayer pro it works fine but its not real snappy out of the hole. after a second or 2 it comes to life. My jato is the same way but i don't mind it other wise I would never be able to control it. I have a savage x which is like a rocket out of the hole , any ideas or things i could check to fix my problem?

RC Racer
    my guess would be ttuning issues, I dont have a slayer but I do have a Jato and I cannot keep its front tires down.
    Revo 3.3
    Losi 8ight
    Stampede xL5 x2

Alot of it has to do with gearing and the motor being a 2 cycle. A 2 cycle has a "power band" which is a certain point in engine RPM's where the motor comes to life and puts out the most power. With a 2 cycle it's more of a burst of power. 2 strokes don't have the off idle torque like a 4 stroke engine would.

With that being said, the engine tune can affect this. If the LSN is too rich it will be luggish off the line. On the other hand if it's too lean you'll have a hard to control idle. You just have to play with the LSN and idle settings till you find that sweet spot.
    Last edited by CarGuy7a; 05-19-2009 at 10:20 PM.

RC Competitor
    lean that sucker out

RC Racer
    I had the same problem. I just leaned out the low-speed needle a quarter turn, and now it's much better.
    1/16 E-Revo VXL
    1/16 Slash VXL
    Slash

RC poster
    I'll continue leaning it out. I have played with it a lot but I will keep going