RC Enthusiast

Dropping the weight

Alrighty, I'd like to know what you guys are doing to drop the weight on your slayers.

I've switched to a roto start system, which dropped around 90g off the truck. Alum. ball ends, rocker posts and other such parts are a good choise. WHat about tire and wheel combinations? are the 1/8 buggie tires a good choise in reducing weight?

there are two locations for the steering servo, is anyone switching their steering servo to the other side? I'm thinking a lot of weight can be removed if I cut off the section that holds the second servo.

RC Qualifier
    I drilled alot of holes in mine. My chassis weigh 224 grams.
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

RC Racer
    be carfull with the alum ball ends i broke 4 with 4 different nose dives, sounds like your on the right track tho done all of that
    Slayer with Picco .26
    want a jato!

RC Qualifier
    If you want to go extreme you can switch to a CF chassis. Check out Lunsford Titanium Pillow Balls, Hinge pins and Rocker Posts. The hollow balls can be switched to aluminum that will shed a few grams. How light are you trying to go??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JessF
    are the 1/8 buggie tires a good choise in reducing weight?
    I can only speak for 1/8 Buggy Badlands on J Concepts wheels, but they are heavier than stock - but I don't recall by how much. However, this might be unique to the Badlands, given the tread pattern and depth.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rc-cpr
    I can only speak for 1/8 Buggy Badlands on J Concepts wheels, but they are heavier than stock - but I don't recall by how much. However, this might be unique to the Badlands, given the tread pattern and depth.
    Checked the weights - stock wheels and tires weigh in at 3.5oz. each, and Badlands on J Concepts wheels weigh in at 4.5oz. each.