RC Competitor

Hear me out on this one...

I have been somewhat "secretely" checking out the threads posted about owners breaking this and that on their Slayers. I have also watched on YouTube owners' videos where they have their Slayers do jumps off of dirt mounds and laugh at the damage afterwards I have been writing editorials and performance tests on various rc models and found out one thing about the Slayer that is entirely different than other models. This model is made for the track WITHOUT 5-50 foot jumps. Yeah, throw in a couple hoopdeOOPS and 3-4 footers to make it realistic to the owner and race enthusiasts. Check out the CORR and other related races-in ratio to 5-10 foot jumps roughly equates to 50+ in real life. I haven't seen that in real life racing and probably won't since even radically designed trucks realistically wouldn't survive such feat. Slayer owners that race at the track I do respect, whether its for fun and/or ego. But as for non-racers that put their Slayers at such feat jumping cliffs and the like and come to these sites thinking aluminum upgrades would help don't earn my respect. This vehicle is a track truck...period. A good friend of mine well known for racing his Slash and Slayer that I talked to recently wholeheartedly agrees. Next time when you decide to come to a local track check out the outline and design of the field and you just might see the light, let alone save your money from having to make unnecessary repairs or illegitimate upgrades. Sure an upgrade may help, OK, will help since that is the nature of R&D. I still say that the stock version is race-ready and realistic in every way. Well, I better go back and continue writing my real reviews on my mag and you just might find out who I am by my race-ethics and even meet me at a track near you...
    This hobby is getting way outta hand here....

RC Qualifier
    I cant agree more with this!

RC Enthusiast
    trx 3.3 doesnt do it for me :P
    The sway bar kit was the best upgrade ever...
    the stock tires were bleh... the Proline Beadlock rims are great value since you dont need to replace wheels anymore and the switch tires were great...
    Rear brake kit and center diff make a huge difference in the dirt... and my Futaba 3pm abs has added superior braking...

And I agree about aluminum parts... but the plastic shafts gotta go (since I'm getting a larger engine)! The only aluminum parts I have ever benefited from were the front skid plates... saved my truck a number of times. Depends on the design... Some front skid plates have a lot of reinforcement so they dont bend much at all. On short grass and dirt it saved my truck when I dont see hidden holes/bumps and all of a sudden fly.
    I dont see the point to aluminum a-arms for the slayer... the stock plastic a-arms are solid and surprise me every time after a bad wreck. I've learned how to keep all 4 tires on the ground now and recover from going sideways preventing roll overs.

I agree about huge jumps... but so far the slayer has held up well... also my MMGT 3.0 truck has been a trooper... very durable truck.

RC Competitor
    I agree with adding a sway bar and tires, but I still feel that she is race-ready. The thing with this vehicle versus others is that she is temperamental on the track and the owner should take the time to experiment braking, sliding, and accellerating as I believe it is definitely needed. This is not done on the street or pavement, but on a DIRT TRACK. It seems to have a dual-personality when it comes to that, better yet bi-polar(no pun intended with individuals who have that mental condition)
    This hobby is getting way outta hand here....

RC Qualifier
    The Slayer was my very first RC truck ever......NOT the best idea... but I couldn;t keep that thing on it wheels for nothing.Very hard to drive I am not sure it is "race ready" as NO one I know around me wants to race them. Alot of people have them but don't race them.

Mr Twister
    Slayer,ModSctSlash,AE8E, Spektrum DX3R

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako-Slayer
    I have been somewhat "secretely" checking out the threads posted about owners breaking this and that on their Slayers. I have also watched on YouTube owners' videos where they have their Slayers do jumps off of dirt mounds and laugh at the damage afterwards I have been writing editorials and performance tests on various rc models and found out one thing about the Slayer that is entirely different than other models. This model is made for the track WITHOUT 5-50 foot jumps. Yeah, throw in a couple hoopdeOOPS and 3-4 footers to make it realistic to the owner and race enthusiasts. Check out the CORR and other related races-in ratio to 5-10 foot jumps roughly equates to 50+ in real life. I haven't seen that in real life racing and probably won't since even radically designed trucks realistically wouldn't survive such feat. Slayer owners that race at the track I do respect, whether its for fun and/or ego. But as for non-racers that put their Slayers at such feat jumping cliffs and the like and come to these sites thinking aluminum upgrades would help don't earn my respect. This vehicle is a track truck...period. A good friend of mine well known for racing his Slash and Slayer that I talked to recently wholeheartedly agrees. Next time when you decide to come to a local track check out the outline and design of the field and you just might see the light, let alone save your money from having to make unnecessary repairs or illegitimate upgrades. Sure an upgrade may help, OK, will help since that is the nature of R&D. I still say that the stock version is race-ready and realistic in every way. Well, I better go back and continue writing my real reviews on my mag and you just might find out who I am by my race-ethics and even meet me at a track near you...

Amen! Somebody finally agrees with me. I hate listening to the guys who buy these trucks and stop at no length to destroy them. They say, "we'll upgrade when something breaks". What a crop of crap! I guess when mommy and daddy are still paying your way you can get away with it... some of us aren't made out of money and have families to support.

If you guys want to talk about 50 ft jumps and how bad you wrecked your truck, then petition Traxxas for a "Slash/Slayer Bashing forum".

Mako-Slayer, I agree with you 100% and so do a LOT of other Slash and Slayer owners out there!! Nice job!
    Always expect the worst, that way you are never disappointed!