RC Competitor

Question Electric conversion

Can anyone suggest me a good conversion set for the revo 3.3? I am stuck between converting this truck or selling it to buy things for my slash. I really dont want to sell it because it is nice and i would be taking a good loss...Can anyone tell me about converting it? Thanks for your input

RC Competitor
    Heres the ebay link for pics...What you think?

I think you forgot the link.

I'm finding out that the 3.3 drivetrain can't handle the power of a MMM/Neu combo. I'm only running 4s, but I've shredded the trans 3 times, twisted the rear driveshaft into something that looks like a Twizzler licorice stick, and I'm looking forward to destroyed differentials. And I still haven't been able to get one full battery pack through it.

I've got the Kesshaw Designs kit, and it is pretty good, but the only reason to go with a conversion instead of a stock eRevo is to get the 2 speed trans and mechanical brakes, and the trans can't hold up in stock form. I'm going to either switch to a E-Maxx trans or try aftermarket metal gears. . .

RC Champion
    If you're really looking for an electric conversion i would just sell the revo and pick up an E-Revo. If picking up an ERBE is out of the budget you can snag a used E-Revo for $300-350 from the traders section here and get a EZRUN 80a and 9XL motor from ********* for under $130 OTD. Some people may bash the "cheap" Chinese systems but I own an ERBE and performed this very upgrade on my regular E-Revo, and while it isn't EVERYTHING the MMM system is, it's **** close.

Or you may get lucky and be able to pickup an actual ERBE from the traders section. I've seen them go for as low as $500 in nearly new condition and including a pair of 3S lipo's.

In retrospect, I agree 100% with 2IS. The conversion has been a pain, and the one benifit I can think of - nitro trans with a 2 speed - can't handle the power.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The nitro chassis is much stronger than the E-Revo chassis, and a conversion is just cooler and more original than an E-Revo, IMHO.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Champion
    I'd rather have a reliable platform than a unique one. Traxxas used the E-Revo chassis on their flagship MT (ERBE) as well as the extreme terrain Summit. Don't think they would have done that if it wasn't exceptionally durable. Aluminum maybe be stiffer than plastic, that doesn't make it stronger or more durable however.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The E-Revo is not their flagship, the Revo 3.3 is their flagship...the only reason the E-Revos and trucks based on it use that plastic chassis is for one reason, the battery compartments. Traxxas wanted a nice, tidy, enclosed place to put batteries in their new electric Revos, so they designed the E-Revo plastic chassis...trust me, if it wasn't for the cost and labor involved, Traxxas would have made the E-Revo chassis aluminum, but the cost of manufacturing alone would make the E-Revo need to sell for like $700 and the E-Revo BE sell for like $1000, and no one would pay those prices, so they went with plastic.

RC Champion
    What makes you think the 3.3 is their flagship when the ERBE surpasses just about everything? I don't know what you defination of flagship is, but mine is the fastest, most powerful and most expensive, and that's the ERBE, which uses a plastic chassis.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Their flagship isn't the one YOU think is best, it's the one TRAXXAS thinks is best...the Revo 3.3 is the winningest truck on the market, the E hasn't won a thing. Send an email to Traxxas, they will quickly tell you the Revo 3.3 is the Flagship vehicle.

Edit: It has nothing to do with how much it costs. Look at GM, the Corvette is their flagship vehicle, but there are quite a few vehicles that cost a lot more, a couple cost twice as much as the 'Vette.
    Last edited by Revoš; 05-18-2009 at 02:53 PM.

RC Champion
    So I take it you've asked traxxas that very same question? The ERBE has only been out for a couple months, of coures it hasn't won as much guy, it's just a matter of time. Seems like this is more about what YOU think. I'm willing to bet that you have not asked Traxxas the very same question you suggested I ask, yet you made up your own answer for it. Furthermore, cost was but one factor that I listed as criteria for flagship. You seem to have issues when people disagree with you. Your opinion is just that, your opinion, please stop trying to pass your opinions off as facts. They aren't, no matter how much you want to believe it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes, I HAVE asked Traxxas that exact question...more than once! Steve Slayden via email, and a few Traxxas Reps at an expo in Miami. Guess what, both said the 3.3 was Traxxas' flagship vehicle....but it doesn't take having to ask Traxxas to understand that, a 4 year old who can say Momma knows that...it's common knowledge.

But, according to you, just because the E-Revo is faster, newer, and costs more than the 3.3, it should be the flagship...who cares what Steve Slayden and 4 or 5 Traxxas reps said, they must have been lying.

Dude, you are guilty of exactly what you blamed me of...I couldn't care less which vehicle is Traxxas' flagship, that doesn't matter to anyone, so my response was objective, not a personal opinion...I have prior knowledge of what vehicle was Traxxas' flagship, so I spoke fact. The fact that you are arguing and making a big deal about it proves that it's your opinion that the E is the flagship, and your feelings are hurt that it isn't. It was you who based your answer on how new it was, how fast it was, how expensive it was, without ever having asked anyone, especially Traxxas if it really was their flagship...I ACTUALLY ASKED which one was, so I knew before you ever asked.

Edit: There is no ROAR class for electric monster trucks, so the E will never win any ROAR sanctioned races. Guess what, if it doesn't win ROAR sanctioned races, it can't represent Traxxas...if it doesn't represent Traxxas, it can't be a flagship. Sure, the E is very popular, but the nitro Revo will always be the flagship over the E...wanna know the other main reason? I knew you would...the Revo was first!!! PERIOD! The E-Revo is BASED OFF OF the nitro Revo!
    Last edited by Revoš; 05-18-2009 at 05:57 PM.

RC Champion
    lol... First? Being first makes it a flagship? Obviously we have different opinions on what it means, so we'll leave it at that. Just because there is no ROAR class for electric MT's doesn't mean the E will NEVER win. With electric becoming more and more popular, especially with vehicles like the ERBE and Flux which dominate their nitro counterparts in just about every performance metric, it's only a matter of time, which is what I said already.

Seems to me like you're simply reaching for reasons to try and backup your position. Why would you need to ask 4 or 5 reps? I doubt you did. When did you ask them? Prior to the ERBE's release? Of course you won't admit to anything that doesn't backup your "claim" so I shouldn't even bother asking and frankly you shouldn't bother answering, as it won't change a thing. You've already built up a reputation around here as the guy who *thinks* he's always right, so keep doing what you're doing. It's actually quite entertaining.

Is the E-Revo based on the Revo? Sure, mildly it is, but what does that prove besides nothing? Another example of you reaching, trying to make a correlation to support your stance where none exists. And for someone who touts himself as a "car guy" I find it a bit surprising that you're ignoring the fact that the ERBE and Revo 3.3 are actually VERY different from each other. Other than the name, tire size and suspension geometry, everything else about them is different. Different brakes, different transmission, different chassis, different power plant and the way you drive one is going to be completely different than the way you drive the other. Of course, you won't mention any of that, why? Becuase it doesn't support YOUR claim. You take little bits and pieces of incomplete information, twist them to your favor and then connect the dots. This may work when you're talking to people who don't have a clue.

Obviously we're not going to convince each other one way or another. So you keep thinking that the Revo is the flagship because it was first and because it won races prior to the ERBE's existence, and I'll continue to consider the ERBE as their flagship because it is their best performing vehicle... That is why the Vette is Chevy's flagship is it not? Because of it's performance?

In the end, I hope we can both walk away from this with no hard feelings. I don't have an issue with you personally, but I do have an issue with the "your opinion is wrong" attitude. I'm sure we're all guily of it from time to time, including myself, but for a thread to go out of control almost everytime someone has a differing opinion gets a bit old.
    Last edited by 2IS; 05-18-2009 at 07:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    can't we all get along
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Champion
    How about this.. I started w/ a revo, converted to a brushless and when it broke after just weeks of racing switched to the e-revo chassis and platform and it has lasted over a year w/o any sign of wear.. LOL the nitro's HAVE to use alum chassis because the plastic wouldnt hold up to the heat of the motor, one, and the nitro grime... A aluminum e-revo would be 25lbs and worthless... heh you guys are just crazy. To be a bit more specific, it's the mounting of the batteries that does the aluminum chassis in over time it just gives out as it wasn't designed to handle the weight of a fair size lipo doing big jumps and racing. If you just want to bash a little and do some speed passes converting a nitro is fine, just make sure you do the 2nd gear only lock. If you are hard on your truck or race you best switch over to the much much more durable plastic e-revo chassis... at least if your brushless.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wow, just wow...when Traxxas itself says the Revo 3.3 is their flagship vehicle and you still don't believe me, and think it's just my opinion, you have some serious problems.

The E-Revo is nothing like the Revo 3.3? Did you really just say that? What makes a Revo a Revo, its suspension...what suspension does the E-Revo have, the exact same suspension the Revo 3.3 has. Dude, come on, use your brain.

Sure, in the future, if ROAR makes a class specifically for electric MTs, and the E-Revo dominates, Traxxas may make the E-Revo their flagship...that's the whole reason the Revo 3.3 is their flagship right now! When it came out, it revolutionized the industry, and won a national championship the very first year! Prior to the Revo 3.3, the T-Maxx was Traxxas' flagship vehicle...but within a year of the Revo's debut, it became their flagship. This is fact, dude, accept it. Do you want me to get you Traxxas' phone number so you can call them and ask them a very simple question that will end this debate? Or are you afraid that they will tell you exactly what I am telling you, that the Revo 3.3 is Traxxas' current flagship vehicle? You're scared, plain and simple...if not, call them right now. In fact, why doesn't everyone call Traxxas and ask them, then report back what they told you.

A company's flagship vehicle is NOT chosen by the owners and users, it is chosen by the company itself, so no matter what you think about the E-Revo, or what anyone else thinks about it, it is not the flagship...PERIOD. Until Traxxas declares the E-Revo their flagship, the Revo 3.3 will remain their flagship. How on Earth can you not understand that? I know you are a smart person, but right now you are showing just how...well, you are not showing any intelligence at all right now.

Again, owners and users DO NOT choose which vehicle is the company's flagship vehicle, and it has NOTHING to do with what they think should be the flagship, nor does it have anything to do with price, speed, or age...it is based on factors such as; sales, accolades, awards, performance in sanctioned events, and other related factors.

Look dude, it has nothing to do with my opinion, nothing at all...it is a fact that I was personally told by Traxxas employees as well as their national champion (Slayden), so how in the world can you sit there and argue that fact? I don't care what their flagship is, it doesn't affect me one bit, but I know the Revo 3.3 IS their flagship because I was this told by Steve Slayden and multiple Traxxas representatives/employees. The fact that you are STILL sitting there arguing CLEARLY shows that YOU are the one who can't handle being wrong. Like I said, just make a phone call to Traxxas and ask, and there is nothing you can say to justify you not calling...the number is toll-free so it won't cost you a penny. I know the reason you won't call, though, it's because you are afraid of getting owned in front of all these witnesses, because you know I am right...you don't want me to be right, but you know I am right, and you are going to make up excuses about why you can't call Traxxas just to try and act cool in front of the forum members. Accept it man, I am right, and there is nothing you can do about it...facts are facts.

You hope there are no hard feelings? Are you kidding me? You sat there and flat-out called me a liar, and that right there made you worthless, less than nothing to me. I have spoken with Traxxas about this very subject, and I got the answer, and if you don't believe me, that's fine...but all it takes is to spend 2 minutes of your time to make a phone call and find out for yourself. But, in reality, you aren't calling "me" a liar, you are calling Steve Slayden and those Traxxas reps liars, which I am sure they appreciate.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    The E-Revo is nothing like the Revo 3.3? Did you really just say that?
    Actually NO, i didn't say that. I very specifically said that it IS based on it, but it has very significant differences. Read what's actually there, not what your brain interprets. That's yet another example of you twisting things around to suit your agenda. Show me where I said they are nothing alike and I will gladly STFU... But you can't, because I didn't say that. Either learn how to read, or give it a rest with your politicians reply

You hope there are no hard feelings? Are you kidding me? You sat there and flat-out called me a liar, and that right there made you worthless, less than nothing to me. I have spoken with Traxxas about this very subject, and I got the answer, and if you don't believe me, that's fine...but all it takes is to spend 2 minutes of your time to make a phone call and find out for yourself. But, in reality, you aren't calling "me" a liar, you are calling Steve Slayden and those Traxxas reps liars, which I am sure they appreciate.
    What a Drama Queen... Honestly, that's fine and dandy with me. Your constant manipulation of what's actually being said is quite tiresome. Here's another example of that... Me not believe you is just that, me not believing you. Sorry, I just don't believe you asked 4 or 5 traxxas reps the same exact question. Why would you? It just doesn't make sense, and if it doesn't make sense, it likely didn't happen. So no, i'm not calling Steve Slayden and other traxxas reps liars. It simply means, I don't believe you. Nothing more, nothing less. Furthermore I'm not impressed that you know someones first and last name who works for Traxxas. We both know the only reason you're throwing this guys name around is to make yourself appear like you're "buddy buddy" with Traxxas inner circle or something.

This really has evolved far beyond what is or is not the flagship, and I don't see or hear traxxas saying anything, i just see you telling me what traxxas said. That's hearsay, and coming form someone who has already twisted words and even changed them completely to meet his agenda, that hearsay is coming from a source that is anything but credible at this point.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes, you did say it, you just edited it out of your post...I knew I should have quoted you. Is that what you do when you know you are wrong, delete evidence and try to change the subject and put all eyes on someone else? Wow, nice!

I like how you make it sound like I said I was "buddy buddy" with Slayden and specifically asked each individual person at the expo the question...now who's twisting text up and putting it into their own context.

I emailed Slayden about about some things back when I didn't know anything about the Revo...I read an article he wrote in RCCA, where he listed his email address, so I emailed him with questions. One of those questions happened to be which Traxxas vehicle was his favorite, how he liked the Revo, and why he chose the Revo for his race truck...his answer was something along the lines of (this is not verbatim), "The Hawk2 is my favorite Traxxas vehicle, because it was the first one I owned. The Revo is a REVOlutionary new monster truck, with superior handling thanks to its advanced suspension technology and ultra-low center-of-gravity, the lowest of any monster while not losing any suspension travel. It was a no brainer to make it my new monster truck class racing truck, and being that it is Traxxas' flagship truck, I had to race it!" Now, that is not word for word, but it is what he said.

As for the reps at the expo, where do you think the Traxxas reps hang out? They hang out at the Traxxas booth...where they were all standing/sitting around each other when we talked about the Revo...I didn't ask each one individually, DA, I asked them all as a group. And no, I didn't directly ask if the Revo was Traxxas' flagship vehicle, it just sort of came up in the short conversation.

What? Just because something doesn't make sense to YOU it must not be true? Are you serious? This just gets better and better! Lots of things don't make sense, but are as true as it gets, like a racing one for example; The statement, "if you slow down, you'll go faster", is very true. If you're on the track trying to go as fast as possible, you won't be able to control the car or hold the fastest line...but if you just slow down, drive with focus and control, you will turn faster lap times. There are many, many more examples, but I am sure you will say they aren't true just because they don't make sense to YOU.

Edit: CALL TRAXXAS AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!!!
    Oh wait, you are too scared to call them and me be right, God forbid I be right.
    I love how you keep dancing around this, when all you have to do is make a phone call and it will be settled...oh, I keep forgetting, I am right and you would rather commit suicide than hear that I was right.
    Last edited by Revoš; 05-19-2009 at 04:11 AM.

RC Champion
    No, I didn't say it, now you ARE lying, the only part I edited was when I added "no hard feelings" so yeah, now I am calling you a liar, no ifs ands or buts about it. I'll send you some EXLAX, because buddy, you're full of it. Like I said, read what's actually there, not how your brain interprets it. (incorrectly more often than not)

So you talked to this guy some time ago when you didn't know anything about the Revo? Must have been before the ERBE's release if it was that long ago. Thanks, that's all I needed to hear.

Oh and BTW, I guess in your drunken tirade you missed 8ight-e's post who broke the "much stronger" revo chassis and switched to the plastic e-revo chassis and has not had any problems with it, which is after all, how this whole thing started.

Like I said, no hard feelings. You may be full of crap, but I like you anyway. You are EXCELLENT entertainment and you've named yourself after one of my favorite trucks. Every now and again you also post some useful information, it's just difficult to find, having to sift through all the manure. And while you'll probably never hear me say "listen to Revo, that guy knows what he's talking about" you're still ok in my book, and I hope you stick around for a long long time.
    Last edited by 2IS; 05-19-2009 at 05:20 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Here we go again with Chad.

2IS, just let go of it because you're not going to change Chad's reasoning. This is the same reason why he had been banned many times over here in this forum and others like UE.

I have a nitro revo converted to brushless and I will gladly sell it so I can get the E-Revo. The E-revo is way better for brushless application compared to the nitro revo, hands down. Chad just started with his revo conversion a few months ago so he's just a newbie. Just go to his website and see.

He lied too much because he used to tell me that he is building some custom crawlers but I don't see a single one in his rc collection picture. He's full of it .

And Chad, I'm Lito so you know me very well and know what I'm talking about.
    Supermaxx.26/Revo18TZ/Revo2200Kv/Predator.21TM

RC Champion
    Revo, your reputation precedes you, even more so than I originally thought.

Supermaxx, you're absolutely right and I knew that from the start, but I took the bait anyway. I would just hate for someone who doesn't know any better and is looking for good, accurate information to stumble across this thread and end up taking this bad advise and spend lots of money the wrong way. That's my main concern.
    Last edited by 2IS; 05-19-2009 at 05:41 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Awwweee...a couple, how sweet. I hope you guys have a long and fruitful relationship!

Haha, I don't care what any of you think about me, but the fact still stands that the Revo 3.3 is Traxxas' flagship vehicle, and all it would take for you two lovebirds to find that out is a very simple and very quick phone call to Traxxas...which you refuse to do, so that proves to me that you know I am right, you just don't want to admit it.

And supermaxx is NOT Lito (george16), it's probably Tuskony or cmckella, who are both extremely jealous of me.

Edit: Oh, and why would the crawlers that I build and SELL be on MY table? They would be on the tables of the customers who bought them...but again, you never listen, and don't understand that all I am doing is building PARTS for crawlers, I.E: chassis, suspension links, steering links, servo-mounts, battery trays, link-mounts, body mounts & supports, shock mounts, Maxx crawler conversion parts, etc....I have not started building the full kits that I want to eventually build. My first full crawler, which was a converted T/E-Maxx hybrid, is tearing up the yard of my best friend's yard! I promised it to his son long before I ever built it.

But go ahead and hate me all you want, it doesn't bother me one bit, it just proves your immaturity and failure to let things go...I mean seriously, supermaxx, you weren't part of this thread at all, or even own a E-Revo, but you came all the way over here to flame me...wow man, you must have an awesome life! And again, you are not Lito...you type nothing like him, phrase nothing like him, and act nothing like him...I actually have major repsect for Lito, because he is an awesome guy. Plus, he doesn't sell anything to be able to buy another vehicle, he just buys whatever he wants. If you are going to sit there and claim to be him, which is horribly disrespectful to him, why don't you tell me the name and class of his boat? You can't, but I can't wait to hear your answer! And how about an easier one, what did Lito sell to me most recently?
    Last edited by Revoš; 05-19-2009 at 06:17 PM.

RC Champion
    C'mon gents, lets forget about this, not worth losing either of you guys over a disagreement. Just agree to disagree and we can all be good!
    1717/XL2 EREVO