Thread: smoke!!!!

RC Qualifier

smoke!!!!

ok went out to take out my e-revo put the batteries in fully charged started to drive and the truck seemed slow so I brought it in and I smelled something burning, truns out the titan was smoking like crazy it happened so fast you think traxxas will take care of this it's only 2 months old.
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

It is worth a shot. the worst they can say is no.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Competitor
    They took care of mine, but it was only 2 weeks old. I didn't even bother to ask about after the third motor went out (1 week later), because they're too easy to fry. If I run in any grass with 7 cell batteries, they're toast (even with it geared down to a 17t pinion). I'm switching my Revo to a brushless motor and my Maxx to the 775. Hopefully they'll work out better.

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas support is something else took care of the problem will deal again with traxxas products!!!!
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Racer
    Last week I ran my brushed eRevo through some grass next to a skate park construction site I've been frequenting. I saw a bunch of smoke coming from the car. After reading all the cooked 550 stories I fear the worst. Turns out all the dust from the site had coated the grass. My Revo was just chewin up the grass and freeing all the dust. Whew! 550's still going!