RC Racer

Need Help: Suspension

I've read a lot of posts (here and elsewhere) about suspension setups for the E-Revo. So, I've been trying to get mine set up for the track. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but when I drop my truck from maybe a foot or two off the ground, it bounces when it hits. It probably bounces back up an inch or so (especially the back). Should it do this? I assume that you DON'T want it to bounce. Any ideas?

Here's my setup:
    - Orange springs on the front
    - Silver springs on the back
    - 55 wt shock oil all the way around
    - #3 pistons all the way around
    - Ride height: back is set on the middle hole
    - Ride height: front is set on the outer hole
    - On the rear shocks, I have an extra bump stop (total of 2) on each shock to limit the down-travel (to keep it from bottoming out so much)...I read this on a racing forum and everybody seemed to like the idea.

Thanks! AE

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Correct, bouncing is bad...

As far as your setup goes, you need to change your pistons to #2, that will help a ton...and to further refine it, change the rear oil to 60wt. Also, your ride-height should have the front and rear axles level with the ground, and get rid of those 2nd bump-stops.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Racer
    Without the bump stops...will it bottom-out too easily? Seems like it was before I put the 2nd set on there.
    What springs do you guys run? (for the track)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Bottoming out is not a bad thing...they are meant to bottom out some. Think about it, if the shocks fully compressed before the chassis hit the ground, all that momentum would have to go somewhere...and it goes to the shocks, causing them to drive the shaft and rod-end up into the body of the shock, completely destroying it. With the chassis hitting the ground before the shocks fully compress, all that energy is dissipated and nothing gets broken...that's how suspensions are designed.

Plus, running the correct setup won't make the truck bottom out so hard, but it will allow the chassis to slap the ground like it was designed to do.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo