RC Qualifier

new to this , help me please

hello, I just got introduced to the rc world. I got sucker written all over me cause I bought an older revo 2.5 that has been converted to foward only, spin start, and a 4.27 instead of 2.5. the dude i bought it failed to mention to me all the extra crap i needed. long story short I paid 350 for the car and then had to spend an extra 150-200 bucks on other stuff to make it go.(controller, batteries, nitro, fuel bottle, glow plugs, antena tube, ect...) Needless to say I found another one but 3.3 all stock that I'm gonna pick up for 275 rtr for a backup.
    Good news was it was a new motor. I broke it in the best i could with all the info i looked up on the net. I've been reading threads on adjusting the clutch( i screwed mine up) and tuning the car. Anywho, my question is how much blue smoke do I want out of the exhaust? and I want it all the time? I'm having problems tuning it after I broke it in. It kind of figures i'm new to this and I had to buy somebody's project frankenstien. I do have to say that when it runs man it hauls some serious asss. Oh also the motor gear that meshes with the spur gear gets freakin hot if im not careful and wastes the spur gear, is that normal? any help or direction of where to look would be great. thanks, Chubby

RC Qualifier
    you should try posting in the nitro revo thread. You are in the e revo thread, and were all electric over here.

RC Qualifier
    O.K thanks,