RC Qualifier

Guys I Can't Decide????????

I can't decide if I want to buy a slayer and convert in to electric or buy the slash that's already electric? Is it a big pain in the butt to convert the slayer over and not have alot of problems from doing that? I want to buy the kyosho inferno body and convert either one into a rally edition? How much money will it take to convert a slayer with MMM? Im also going to buy a spectrum DX3R radio with either one too! Help me out guys!

RC Qualifier
    If you get the Slash there endless places that have slash spec races and mod races, with the money you spend converting the slayer you could have a good lipo setup. Do not get me wrong I like nitro and have a Slayer and love it. I just have no one to race, The truggies handle and jump better but I love the look of the slayer and it is real fun to drive. I have been driving these for 20 years since my first hornet and love the way the Slayer is set up. just my opinion if you are going to race get a slash if not I would get the Slayer.

RC Qualifier
    Check out my modest e-slayer. I took the least expensive route I could come up with. It's not insanely fast but fast enough for me. Also I'm not interested in racing so I didn't consider it. I had a slash first and it will be on ebay come Saturday. Check out my build: http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=473585

RC Racer
    I love my E-Slayer its alot of fun to run and really wasn't that expensive to do. For me it was $70 for the motor mount, $3 for the lexan sheet(for ESC and battery tray), $5 velcro straps, $239 for the MMM w/ motor, $150 for 2 2s lipos. You can then sell you Nitro motor and all that stuff and make some of that money back.
    E-Slayer-MMM 2200kv

RC Qualifier
    There are Pros and Cons with both vehicles if you are compairing them to one another.

The First thing to consider is the PRICE.... If you take the path that I did, buying everything new, not having a LiPo battery or LiPo charger - you will be into your E-Slayer at over $1000.00.
    Summit

RC Racer
    You also have to think do you want 2 wheel drive or do you really want 4 wheel drive. I liked my slash when I had it but I really love the slayer its so much more fun and the 4wd is alot easier to control in the turns when you slide it. And yes you will put about $1000 into making an E-slayer, I personaly have $900 into mine and I got my slayer used(doesn't include all the parts I have had to replace for broken peices).
    Last edited by TXSuperman2005; 05-13-2009 at 10:00 AM.
    E-Slayer-MMM 2200kv

RC Qualifier
    Get one of each!!! That way you have both worlds to play in... I have 2 Slash's and a Slayer. I'll never convert the Slayer to b/l but if I want a quick fix I'll run the Slash. Both can be had for cheaper than most have in their E-Slayer builds......

RC Racer
    Yeah but the Slash and the Slayer are in TWO completely differant worlds.
    E-Slayer-MMM 2200kv

RC Qualifier
    That was my point. why drop a grand on only one vehicle when you can have nitro and electric for less... thats JMO...

RC Racer
    Like I said I liked my slash but I wouldn't trade the E-Slayer for it at all, I got very frustrated with the nitro stuff so I said forget it and went electric. If you think about it you can easily drop more than a grand on the nitro version too.
    E-Slayer-MMM 2200kv

RC Qualifier
    Oh I know...everything in this hobby is a money pit... I have well over $2000 between the Slayer and the Revo.. While I have roughly $800 in both my Slash's including battery packs... I get what you are saying about the Slayer and Slash being 2 different worlds as they are... I guess I'm just a little biased toward the origional version of the Slayer. I wouldnt convert my Slayer to b/l as its the only 1 I have. Though if I knew a little more about the b/l systems I would consider possibly building one just to see what the hype is all about.

RC Racer
    I ran mine as a nitro until the motor died but for what you can get a new motor for I got about 1/3 of my conversion, so I just couldn't justify to myself to put nitro back into it, that and the bl is so much run and I can run at my LHS with the bl set up.
    E-Slayer-MMM 2200kv

RC Competitor
    If you don't mind cleaning it out and doing all the after run maintenance then go for it. I have a slayer and will convert it to electric once the motor gives out. Besides you have many more selection of tires with the Slash and they are mostly all to scale.
    Rookie Driver

RC Racer
    I just put the SC8 wheels on mine and it still looks scale, you just have to have the 17mm adapters( the ones for the ERBE are cheap). That makes it to where you can run a ton of differant wheels and still look scale.
    E-Slayer-MMM 2200kv