Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    see that misbehavin, I starred it out for ya this time, even less for you to do now
    WOW 80% I didn't do this well in school

I don't see the point of cussing on a forum... There are 2 boys down the street from me and they both have stampedes. They loved searching the forums with their dad lookin at all of the cool rc's on here. The dad will not let them search the forums any more because of the amount of foul language. The kids are 7 and 9 years old and dont need to be seeing a bunch of cuss words. If your out with your friends you can cuss all you want, but don't come on a g rated server at start cussing. It makes you look like an idiot. Yea the rules are kinds strict and I don't agree with some of them but I do agree with the language rules...
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Racer
    so says your sig, and I wasn't cussing, I was poking fun at the mods

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 31794ty
    I don't see the point of cussing on a forum... There are 2 boys down the street from me and they both have stampedes. They loved searching the forums with their dad lookin at all of the cool rc's on here. The dad will not let them search the forums any more because of the amount of foul language. The kids are 7 and 9 years old and dont need to be seeing a bunch of cuss words. If your out with your friends you can cuss all you want, but don't come on a g rated server at start cussing. It makes you look like an idiot. Yea the rules are kinds strict and I don't agree with some of them but I do agree with the language rules...
    Very well said.

I curse a lot, I don't know why, I just do, but when I am on a public forum where there are young kids, or even adults who don't want to see curse words, I keep my language G-rated...it's easy to do, and also easy to get your point across without cursing.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wolmental
    how absurdly convienent for them, pure laziness at it's best, it seems to me they only poke their heads out to give warning points for using words like ****, *******, and ************
    yes i don't like these "Moderators" either. but i guess a G rated forum...
    3sLipo / VXLSlash

PLZ PM Gearing For Gladiatorz

RC Racer
    yeah, but if you "accidently" type a swear word on the traxxas forums, doesnt it automatically *** (block) it out? Thats what it did for me, and i still got banned. It wasnt even a swear word, it began with d, has an a, then an m and finally an n. Someone tell me thats a swear word lol
    It's ReV:-O, back from the grave...

RC Racer
    WOW I can't believe this thread hasn't been deleted yet......WAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic here, but according to the mods, it's probably MY fault anyway

RC Racer
    yup its ** fault

EDIT: Ok so now apparently we cant say "your" spelt with a * and an R.

Sheesh

RC Champion
    Why would you spell it like that anyway?

RC Racer
    its called saving time. msn much?

RC Champion
    Does it really save time? Three keystrokes that are on different areas of the keyboard vs 4 that are almost right next to each other? I suppose it that works for you.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2IS
    Does it really save time? Three keystrokes that are on different areas of the keyboard vs 4 that are almost right next to each other? I suppose it that works for you.
    I know, I agree with you completely!

As for the word filters replacing the word with asterisks (*), it just shows that you used a curse word, and the younger people know you did and can usually figure out what curse word it was, so Traxxas gives you points or bans you for writing curse words even though they are replaced with the asterisks.

RC Racer
    why don't they just delete then post with the "swear word"????/

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Because they are punishing you for breaking the rules.

RC Racer
    hey revo, how are you an 'rc champion' with a join date of feb this year?

RC Racer
    probs cos hes on here constantly lol

j/k

RC Qualifier
    Shoots, I've made 2 posts that our good friend misbehavin took exception to and now I'm at a 75% warning. He/she PM'd me for circumventing the censor for using a word which I personally do not see as being offensive.

When I questioned why he/she decided on a 75% warning he/she said that I had been warned numerous times. For the record, this was the first time I have ever received an actual warning. And, I have only had one previous post where I quoted Ricky Bobby from Taledega Nights which was removed. (note my signature - "No more Ricky Bobby Quotes!") No PM from our good friend misbehavin on that one, just a 25% warning. BAM!

Guess 'ol Traxxas Addict is not long for this BB. Does the warning level ever go down or is it "FOREVER!"?
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 05-24-2009 at 08:26 PM.
    I'm only at 92%..........

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Traxxas Addict, the D word is a curse word, period...it has been for hundreds of years. It doesn't matter if you don't think it is a bad word or not, it's not up to you, it's up to Traxxas, the people who own and run the forum. I warned you twice about circumventing the word filters, but you refused to listen to me, and you ended up getting in trouble for it. The rules are for everyone, not everyone except you...also, you will get more points for what you just said (if not banned), since you said the D word again, but added the last letter a couple words over...everyone knows what you mean, so that is also circumventing the word filters.

I don't mean to harp on you, and you know I think you're a cool guy, but you keep pushing the mods and breaking the rules just because you don't think they are fair. A curse word is a curse word, period, and saying it is going to get you in trouble...so, don't say it, it's that easy.

RC Racer
    hi. you said you have a slash vxl. did you modify a stock 1/10 slash with the traxxas brushless set up, or are you talking about the 1/16 slash vxl.
    just curious cause i didnt think traxxas made a vxl slash rtr?

RC Racer
    Revo1, have a read of this: http://www.steveroot.co.uk/archives/...*_a_swear.html

scroll down a tiny bit and read the post by fred, i found it actually quite interesting. although i never actually thought that the "D word" was ever a swear/curse word.

also, if you just google it, there are a number of responses, one being http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7214947AA8ZVgt

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    First link doesn't work.

RC Racer
    potatoperogy I have the original 1/10 slash with the traxxas Velineon Brushless system installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas Addict
    Shoots, I've made 2 posts that our good friend misbehavin took exception to and now I'm at a 75% warning. He/she PM'd me for circumventing the censor for using a word which I personally do not see as being offensive.
    No PM from our good friend misbehavin on that one, just a 25% warning. BAM!
    I've only warned you once, and you did get a PM from me. Get your facts straight before sticking your foot in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by wolmental
    WOW I can't believe this thread hasn't been deleted yet......WAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic here, but according to the mods, it's probably MY fault anyway
    Seeking attention? You've received a single minor warning, and then continued to complain about how "mean" the mods are. You got your wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    Traxxas Addict, the D word is a curse word, period...it has been for hundreds of years. It doesn't matter if you don't think it is a bad word or not, it's not up to you, it's up to Traxxas, the people who own and run the forum.
    At least some people here understand the basics...maybe it'll trickle down to a few others over time...
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

RC Racer
    Mrs. Behavin ----- I never said you were mean, what I said and what I thought about saying are two VERY different things