Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

RC Racer

unbiased responces please

I am in the market for a new truck, I currently have a VXL Slash.....

I am down to 2 options

EMAXX

EREVO

pros and cons to both please.
    WOW 80% I didn't do this well in school

RC Racer
    ok......there are pros and cons for each. If you want to do any racing the erevo is for you. If your a person that likes the maxx look, then go that route.

RC Competitor
    hope this makes sense to you.

E-maxx
    pros:
    good for bashing, nice linear suspension travel, many spare parts, many after market parts, many revo-spec parts

cons:
    many revo-spec parts (might as well just get revo) fragile bulkheads, super old body, linear suspension travel, handles like a bric

E-REVO!!
    pros:
    superb handeling, makes emaxx look like the brick it is, tried and true, progressive suspension, great body, super durable, great for jumping. higher ground clearance than E-maxx
    cons:
    .................................................. ............... none that i can think of at the moment............................................ ...................
    I eat breakfast for lunch.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It is generally thought that an EMaxx requires a little bit of modification before it is as tough as an E-Revo.

But it really is down to personal choice. Both are great trucks. Both can bash, Revo can race better, Maxx is probably (stock for stock) slightly better on rough off road. Both are 4wd and both have water resistant electronics.

For me, it came down to looks. I started with an Emaxx, and I just think Maxx's look nicer than Revo's.

RC Champion
    I will say the handling differences between my maxx and revo are very noticeable (edge E-Revo). but i like the maxx looks better too. so i'm spending more money to make my erevo look like a monster truck than a racer... it's all what you want out of the truck

You do have a couple more motor options with the revo such as 775 or 700ho without any mods...

They are both fun and cool trucks.

RC Qualifier
    anyone ever have a bad one way bearing? i had my revo 3.3 just 2 days and the owb siezed on to the starter shaft and cracked the quick start casing,ruined the starter shaft and bearing end plate bushing

RC Racer
    Your on the Electric forum

RC Qualifier

bad one way bearing

i just got a new revo 3.3 and on the second day on the 6th tank of fuel the one way bearing siezed up onto the starter shaft. it ruined the starter shaft, the easy start casing and the end plate with bushing, is this a common problem?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrevo3.3
    i just got a new revo 3.3 and on the second day on the 6th tank of fuel the one way bearing siezed up onto the starter shaft. it ruined the starter shaft, the easy start casing and the end plate with bushing, is this a common problem?

yes your on the electric forum go back and just look for the revo forum good luck with your problem. and yes my vote is for the E-REVO!!!!!!!!.
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Racer
    Well myself i bought the e-revo but i'm mad I did. For my my e-revo it has proved no very durable at all and its about $130 more than the maxx. So for that much you could make rpm parts all around (or maybe even aluminum) so in that case i think think the e-maxx is the way to go. For example my e-revo has broken 2 driveshafts, 3 push rods and 2 a-arms my e-savage can hold to the bashing that i throw at it much beeter than the revo. Yes the e-revo handles extremely well even beeter with sway-bars but me personally i love the look of the maxx and i would go for the maxx. I'M MAD I DIDNT buy the maxx in the first place.

If you broke all that with the E-revo, you would have broke 10 times more on the E-maxx. That 130 goes quick when your buying aftermarket parts for the MT's. BTW I also have both, a 3905 and E-revo, both brushless. There is no comparison, even fully decked out the E-maxx is less solid then my E-revo.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Racer
    Not if you buy rpm stuff. And also rpm arms and stuff are basicly bullet proof so In the case of upgrading the maxx to rpm all around I really think the maxx will be tougher

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSE117
    Not if you buy rpm stuff. And also rpm arms and stuff are basicly bullet proof so In the case of upgrading the maxx to rpm all around I really think the maxx will be tougher
    But it still wouldn't be able to touch an RPM upgraded Revo. The Revo is everything the Maxx is and more.
    Summit, CEN MG10-TR, Losi Micro-T

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSE117
    How would RPM arms help the 8 shocks that are also prone to breakage?

RC Qualifier
    This is asked quite often, give it a search and there is a wealth of info. but until then here is my 2 cents:

So far I have seen my E-Revo to be a great basher, and extremely durable. I love everything about it. But I know the Maxx series are great trucks, and personally I prefer the looks of the E-Maxx over the E-Revo. The Maxx just looks more like a real monster truck. From what I understand though, the E-Maxx is not as durable until you upgrade it a bit.

Just some food for thought. Really I think it comes down to personal preference, as some are die hard Maxx fans and others are die hard Revo fans. I know I strongly considered the E-Maxx when I picked my E-Revo up, but I have been very pleased with my choice.
    MMM E-Revo
    "Holy crap look at it go!"

RC Competitor
    +1 on the looks of the maxx, but the e-revo really is the way to go. E-REVO ALL THE WAY!!!
    I eat breakfast for lunch.

RC Champion
    I own both and there is nothing the e-maxx does better than the e-revo. It really is that simple.

The e-revo can be slammed to the ground for great handling and on road fun but can also be raised up to have as much or more clearance and suspension travel as the e-maxx.

The e-revo is more durable in stock form, the e-maxx has weak shock caps, weak bulkheads. If you replace the bulks with aluminum it will eat up what you save buying the e-maxx.

I still bash them both and they are both great trucks, the e-maxx is the 2nd best electric brushed MT on the market, it just happens that the e-revo is the best.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Racer
    Well i would vote for the e-maxx. As of now i have never driven an erevo but i had the originall e-maxx which was a blast. The new maxxs even look better. But i never had a problem with busting stuff on that emaxx. Only thing i ever broke was a h1 body and a bulkhead. But i upgraded to rpm and never had that problem again. Awsome truck that handles like a monster truck should. Dont let people decieve you. Yes the e-revo probably does handle better but the maxx still handles well enough for bashing. I also had an orginally t-maxx with the .15 which was bullet proof. I also bash fairly hard so my trucks were not babied. The only thing i didnt do is the extreme jumping. Biggest jumps i did were off a 4 foot ramp or so. But it is all opinion so get what you like. I like the monster truck stance that the e-maxx gives off compared to the revo as well. Also being a good driver will keep your r/c running longer... just watch out so trees dont jump out and get you. I also tried to be unbiased. Right now i got a mini revo on order becuase thats all i can afford at the moment. But i cant wait to get my hands on a new E-maxx though.
    Last edited by POD87; 05-12-2009 at 08:10 PM.

RC Champion
    I would vote E-Revo. I have an E-Revo, and a friend of mine has a Revo 3.3 and an E-Maxx. Bottom line, he spends more time with the Revo because he ends up breaking a lot of stuff on the E-Maxx. He was biased against electrics until I showed him my Mamba Rustler and E-Revo. Now he understands that it's not electrics in general that are fragile, but instead the E-Maxx. Not being biased at all, and I have seen alot of E-Maxx's, but for a general application, I say Revo all the way.
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

But i never had a problem with busting stuff on that emaxx.
    I'm sorry , but that puts you in the " You drive like my Grandma" category. By all means please stick to the E-maxx, you'll never get the full enjoyment out of an E-revo
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck
    I'm sorry , but that puts you in the " You drive like my Grandma" category. By all means please stick to the E-maxx, you'll never get the full enjoyment out of an E-revo
    hahahaha

Sounds like those people that buy a fast car just to have it sit in the garage. If you buy it use it otherwise just get a picture same thing as it sitting in the garage.
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I suppose the key question now, is are you going to keep it stock or go BL??

I've seen very few people break parts on their stock E-Revo's, and not many broken parts on a BL Revo. On the Emaxx, you really need to upgrade to FLM bulks and RPM arms almost straight away if you want to do any jumping, and then maybe the chassis if you want to go BL jumping. If you look at the guys building the super tough Emaxx's (myself included), they are going with FLM or GARC or other Aluminium bulks, aluminium chassis, RPM arms and towers, and then beefing up the diffs and driveshafts.

RC Competitor
    i have both there is no question go e-revo. i spent 800 bucks making my emaxx less brake prone. ever since i got a erbe i dont even touch my maxx

RC Racer
    One of the many reasons I went with the E-Revo over the E-Maxx is because you have HALF the number of shocks to rebuild, springs to upgrade, etc. Just thought I'd mention that.

RC Competitor
    After starting with an E Revo I bought a Maxx because it was a little cheaper. The Revo is much, much more durable than the Maxx, and I have spent about $200 upgrading the Maxx to get it closer to the REvo in durability. I think the Revo can go just about anywhere the Maxx can go, and can get there faster.

RC Racer
    By the time i was done with my e-maxx it looked roughed up. I had all the rpm stuff and i did manage to bend the scews in the bulkheads but it never broke. Like i said if your a good driver you shouldnt have to many broken parts. Seems like most broken parts come from people who cant land big jumps or hit a tree thats hiding in the shadows. But go for what you like. Both are awsome trucks and i would be happy to own either or.

RC Qualifier
    I bought an EMaxx and loved it. Then it stopped working. I sent it in to Traxxas and bought a Revo for my wife at the same time. She bashes harder than me and has only broken the fin mount from a 20 foot high landing on the fin.

I played with my EMaxx a couple more times before I sold it after putting lots of money into it and got a Summit.

Let me just say that when you go from having to work on 8 shocks to 4 easy to work on shocks, you'll never want to go back. The Revo platform is just designed much better. They took all the wonderful things about the Maxx series and improved everything.

As much as I love the look of the Maxx's, I would recommend buying a Revo and a Maxx body to put on it. You won't be sorry.

RC Racer
    ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok

I'm getting the EREVO

so what are the basic upgrades? besides the rpm arms?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wolmental
    ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok

I'm getting the EREVO

so what are the basic upgrades? besides the rpm arms?
    Nothing really. It is a pretty solid package right out of the box. You'd just want to put on the stiffer springs that come with it and that is about it. If you want higher ride height, put on the long travel rockers and move the linkage.

I would wait until you break something to replace it with RPM. We have yet to break any arms on the Revo or Summit.

RC Competitor
    if I can give my 2 cents.....:-) I have had alot of revos, tmaxxes, erevos, and emaxxes, and this is the real deal in my oppinion:
    Everyone will tell you that the EMAXX is a basher and the EREVO is a racer.....BULL!!!!!....:-)))))))
    The EREVO is better than the EMAXX in EVERY WAY. PERIOD. You are not choosing between a racer and a basher, like alot of people think. The EREVO bashes WAAY better than an EMAXX and is HARDER TO BREAK.
    Here is the real reason to get an EMAXX over an EREVO: THE PRICE.
    The EMAXX is about $80-100 less than the EREVO. If you cannot afford an EREVO, batteries, and charger, than buy the EMAXX. Unless you are running with other EREVO's, YOU WILL NEVER know the difference. But if you can afford an EREVO and you end up buying an EMAXX because someone tells you that it is a better basher, the first time that you run across an EREVO in the streets, you will feel like an idiot. Compared side by side, the erevo is 10 times better than an EMAXX. Does that mean you should buy an erevo? NOT IF YOU CANT AFFORD IT!
    As is typical with most Traxxas vehicles, the more expensive Traxxas vehicle A is almost always a MUCH better truck than the lower priced Traxxas vehicle B. But if you cant afford it, it doesent matter right? LOL.....
    so, In my not so humble, valuable oppinion :-))))), if you can afford the EREVO, there is no comparison. If its alittle above your price point, dont ever give it a second thought: Get the EMAXX.......ok, im done.
    Last edited by Thomas Anthony; 05-15-2009 at 08:31 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Anthony
    if I can give my 2 cents.....:-) I have had alot of revos, tmaxxes, erevos, and emaxxes, and this is the real deal in my oppinion:
    Everyone will tell you that the EMAXX is a basher and the EREVO is a racer.....BULL!!!!!....:-)))))))
    The EREVO is better than the EMAXX in EVERY WAY. PERIOD. You are not choosing between a racer and a basher, like alot of people think. The EREVO bashes WAAY better than an EMAXX and is HARDER TO BREAK.
    Here is the real reason to get an EMAXX over an EREVO: THE PRICE.
    The EMAXX is about $80-100 less than the EREVO. If you cannot afford an EREVO, batteries, and charger, than buy the EMAXX. Unless you are running with other EREVO's, YOU WILL NEVER know the difference. But if you can afford an EREVO and you end up buying an EMAXX because someone tells you that it is a better basher, the first time that you run across an EREVO in the streets, you will feel like an idiot. Compared side by side, the erevo is 10 times better than an EMAXX. Does that mean you should buy an erevo? NOT IF YOU CANT AFFORD IT!
    As is typical with most Traxxas vehicles, the more expensive Traxxas vehicle A is almost always a MUCH better truck than the lower priced Traxxas vehicle B. But if you cant afford it, it doesent matter right? LOL.....
    so, In my not so humble, valuable oppinion :-))))), if you can afford the EREVO, there is no comparison. If its alittle above your price point, dont ever give it a second thought: Get the EMAXX.......ok, im done.
    That's exactly MO.
    When you get the E-Maxx, you can buy RPM stuff to get it closer to the E-Revo in durability. Then the price is almost the same, but the car still does not...
    ------

RC Racer
    I had an e-maxx as my very first truck and i thought it was great, apart from the fact that everytime i went out something would break which was so annoying. i must have spent about half of what the truck was worth repairing it, i didnt even bash hard. The suspension took me along time to get tuned to stop role ended up getting some big bores and dual rate springs, after that she was a dream to drive. The stock suspension is really bad (blew off caps, bent rods etc) The truck was ok but not great.

I then bought a e-revo after a buddy got one and all i can say is wow, the difference between the two was day and night. The handling, durability etc where leaps and bounds ahead of the e-maxx. I have bashed my e-revo so hard its untrue and yet she gets up and keeps smiling. It just such a lovely truck to drive.

RC Racer
    lol misbehavin's probably gonna ban me for saying this, but if you like the e-maxx monster truck look, but want better durability, why not just get a savage?
    It's ReV:-O, back from the grave...

RC Qualifier
    Where the weakest are killed and eaten for the daily survival
    Quote Originally Posted by jjl5590
    lol misbehavin's probably gonna ban me for saying this, but if you like the e-maxx monster truck look, but want better durability, why not just get a savage?
    Than why say it? You broke the rules, he didn't force you. He could have banned me for something, but instead kind of gave me a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by jjl5590
    have to say about all of what? they dont talk except to issue warning points and close threads
    Where do you get your facts? Looking at his and cooleocool, they both post responces helping. I'm sure if you look at other mods, they also help.

wolmental : Look at youtube videos. People drive diffrently, so nobody breaks the same things. Everyone says the stampede chassis is weak, I never broke one, and that goes for arms, and shocktowers. You may be able to go to a lhs and test drive each. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXm-8...e=channel_page
    Last edited by GrimeFighter338; 05-18-2009 at 08:53 AM.
    Nobama '08 Welcome to the greatest depression.

RC Racer
    and what do the mods and marshals have to say about all of this?

RC Racer
    have to say about all of what? they dont talk except to issue warning points and close threads

RC Racer
    the mods used to post useful info but they dont anymore, at least not in the e-revo forum. probably cos they all drive nitros

RC Champion
    As a former owner of a pair of emaxx's (both sold now) the revo is a 100x better period... it's more durable, it's faster, it has better handling under all conditions. There is no comparison iMO.

RC Racer
    I believe the mods stopped posting the useful info in the threads because they has soneone else do a write up on all the FAQs and made sticky's out of them

RC Racer
    how absurdly convienent for them, pure laziness at it's best, it seems to me they only poke their heads out to give warning points for using words like
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 05-24-2009 at 08:39 PM.