RC Champion

E-revo Titan 775 and 700HO comparison

Ok, so over in the e-maxx forum there's a lot of debate on the pro's and conns of each motor and which will be faster, better, and what have you... so i decided to do a quasi scientific test: Running around in a soccer field and semi wet baseball diamond...

Here's phase 1.

E-Revo
    Titan 775 18/68
    2x 2s ***** 20c lipos
    T-Maxx 6.3" tires

Speed: 21.7mph (on pavement)
    In the field after 10min of WOT temp was 132F on the motor 112F on the esc. (outside temp is 77f)
    also after 10 min the *****s were down to 3.82v and since I forgot to bring the smart stop I decided to stop there.

Phase 2: I'll put the 700HO in it tonight or tomorrow and do the same thing again and see how they compare for me.

I will say this. This truck is a lot of fun with this setup!

RC Racer
    Isn't 21 mph kind of slow for that setup? I thought the e-revo hit 30 with decent packs stock and I was under the impression that the titan 775 or the 700ho are both faster than stock.

RC Champion
    Well i was kinda thinking that, but not sure. only had an emaxx with the twin titan 550s and it's been brushless for a few months so this still seems slow to me

On the other hand I'm building this truck for mud and torque so speed is not an issue.

What did you use for the blue pice on your body clip? Fuel tubing or antenna? Thanks

Luke

RC Champion
    fuel tubing, makes it much easier.

RC Champion
    What do you think of those tires? I've got a set on back order that I'm going to mount on 3.3 Revo rims.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    21.7mph sounds like something is odd?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Maybe he has the batteries in parallel and not series?
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Champion
    I've been running those tires for almost a year now on my E-Maxx and they've been great. Two are getting a little out of balance now. Could be water but i dont' think so.

Well unless there's something wrong with the EVX-2 they're in series.

I've just been attributing the slowness to the fact that I'm used to brushless, could be the *****s. they're new and i've not run them in anything else yet. Tried them for a few minutes in the Stampede and they seemed ok.

I've got the 700HO in it and it if stops raining by lunch time i'll try it again. and see if there's any difference.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    21.7mph just sounds really low to me?

RC Qualifier
    I just took my stock Summit out with some nice promatch packs and I got 21.0 mph flat. My wife's Revo smokes my Summit with the same packs. Seems kinda low to me too.

We'll just have to see how the 700HO does.
    Summit, CEN MG10-TR, Losi Micro-T

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So you got 21mph with the same motor in the Summit and it is geared lower than the revo?
    yep still sounds like 21.7 is slow?

RC Champion
    Yeah but his tires are a lot taller. so you have to take that into account. his summit is geared what? 14t and 7" tall tires could be similar to 18t with 6" tall tires.

RC Champion
    Here's phase 2.

E-Revo
    KD 700HO 18/68 (single)
    2x 2s ***** 20c lipos
    T-Maxx 6.3" tires

Speed: 26.1mph (on pavement)
    In the field after 10min of WOT temp was 162F on the motor 118F on the esc. (outside temp is 78F)
    Funny thing was temp on the outside of the can on the label side was 143, on the side without the label it was 112.
    after 10min the batts were at 3.78v

I think they're pretty even on torque, obviously the 700ho is faster but runs hotter. Here in Texas in the summer, i'll probably run the Titan more for that very reason. It's also been mentioned that it takes the titans a few runs for the brushes to break in and they wake up.... it's also possible that these *****s are waking up. This is only their 4th cycle

Hope this helps

RC Qualifier
    When my Titan dies in my Summit, I'll most likely switch to the 700HO to try it out. I just got my 17t pinion in so we'll see what that does for my top speed tonight. I have my other thread where I'll post the results.
    Summit, CEN MG10-TR, Losi Micro-T

RC Competitor
    Thanks for taking the time to post the results of your research.
    I have been considering a 775.

With the ho motor are you using just 2 of the leeds from the esc?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK_
    Thanks for taking the time to post the results of your research.
    I have been considering a 775.

With the ho motor are you using just 2 of the leeds from the esc?
    No problem. Yes but i want to replace them with either 4 or or larger gauge wire.

RC Competitor
    I was thinking you may have a current drop only using 2 of the 4.
    I think I read that some place.

Off topic, are you a 1/1 Jeep guy too?

RC Champion
    I was told that it doesnt...

Yes, or well was. i'm Jeepless at the moment

I had a '93 and her name was Tonka. But I'm holding out to get another next year!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am a Jeep guys as well...XJs all the way!
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Competitor
    Is it me or are both speeds slow? I got 28mph in my summit with 17t pinion and ***** 2s 5k.

RC Champion
    Did you have the summit wheels and tires on? that'll give you a tad more speed as they are taller than the ones I'm running. by what almost an inch?

I'm surprised there's as much difference in speed between the two motors though. i wouldn't think 1 turn difference would make that much difference.

RC Competitor
    Yes it was stock summit tires. I still think the revo should be faster with both motors?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonkajeep34
    Yeah but his tires are a lot taller. so you have to take that into account. his summit is geared what? 14t and 7" tall tires could be similar to 18t with 6" tall tires.

That's only 3/4" difference in tires, not alot taller..
    21mph sounds odd

RC Champion
    I'll put the titan back in this weekend and see if it's any different... maybe i had the gear mesh too tight or something. but it sure didn't seem like it.

And i agree that 3/4" is not that much but you have to remember that it's 12% taller so it will make a difference. (2.5" on the circumference) so more distance covered for the same RPMs.

Again not saying that 21 isn't slow... it is. especially if you've just stopped driving any of my other trucks. but i'm not really sure it's that far off. There's a fellow over in the maxx forum that with this motor and a 21/68 only got 24mph... I'm running 18/68