Thread: Motor advice

RC Competitor

Motor advice

I've been reading a lot about the pros and cons of different motors in different vehicles. I've burnt out 3 titan 550's in the last month, and I'm going to try something new. I currently have an EMaxx and an ERevo. I have 2 standard 550's and one reverse rotation 550 that are still working, but I'm pretty sure one of the forward rotation motors is about to cook (it smells funny when I use it). I have a Titan 775 and a Novak 6.5HV brushless motor and ESC coming in the mail. I will use the 550's in the EMaxx until they're shot. I was planning to put the 775 in the EMaxx and the Novak in the Revo. I'm expecting that I'll have to upgrade to 2.4 ghz as well. Would any recommend putting the Novak in the EMaxx and the 775 in the Revo, and if so, why? Thanks.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You can run the stock AM radio with the Novak as long as you mount the Rx as far away from the ESC as you can. Also, definitely put the Novak in the Revo, and the Titans in the Maxx...or, if you really wanna do it right, put the Novak in the Maxx and buy a new MMM/2200kV for the Revo!!!
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Competitor
    I still want to have a vehicle that I can run through a creek without worrying (last week I deliberately drove my Revo into a creek and I had to grab it before it floated away).

RC Champion
    How funny you're in the same boat i was in a few weeks ago.

To fit the 775 in the maxx you'll have to do some mods, the novak will drop right in. the stock radio works fine with my Novak6.5 in my maxx

RC Competitor
    I'm going to use the 775 in the Maxx, even though it would be a little easier to install them the other way. I order a motor mount from Kershaw, and I'll just have to carve up the transmission case a little to make the motor fit. Thanks for the info on the receiver.