Thread: My New Pro2!!!

My New Pro2!!!

Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to share this unboxing of mine... It may not be anything to special, or different. but I WON this bad boy and am SO excited. I always built my kids from scratch, straight from upgraded parts. Not even doing the whole roller thing, but more of a straight upgrades. That or I restore used RCs back to "better than new" condition.

But this is just straight exciting for me, as the first out of the box kit I get since 1996.. literally. and oh ya, it was FREE! boo yaa I am going to be taking this down to the local track, as I have been a basher and never raced. This should be good

Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Racer
    how did u get it for free

CONGRATS!!!

If you don't mind telling us, how did you get it for free?

My Slash only has a handful of original parts on it and is mostly coverted to Pro2, its a great truck, you'll have a lot of fun with the build and the truck!
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Won their contest . Their "Big Giveaway" a couple months ago. but I messed up, and there was a delay in getting my truck because of my mistake.

I have 4 super modified Pedes, a 100mph Mamba Monster Rustler, Very modified 1/16 Rally, TRCE LCG Slash 4x4, Team Associated B3, and am nothing new to RCing... So this should be fun

First Step to the build:

DECONSTRUCTION:.... First thing I am going to do, is actually disassemble the chassis that is put together. Reason why, I am going to take that beautiful piece of aluminum chassis, down to the local Clear Bra, to have it wrapped....The owner of clear bra, actually comes into our hobby store, and I will either take it to him, or visit him locally. Only rough part, is that is going to add days to when I can put the truck together. .... eeek... But.. It will be SO worth it to protect the thing.

Congrats my friend, the only thing better then a new rc is a new free rc.
    Have a blast at the track.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Loot, don't bother taking the chassis to the guy- just get a scrap from him and do it yourself! I did my Anza chassis in about six minutes with a scrap from the guy at work, some glass cleaner, and an old debit card. Make sure you have plenty of new X-acto blades for trimming. Check out my build thread "Blaster's Bash Slash Rebuild" late tonight after I update it to see the results and a few tips...

Also, PL just released carbon fiber shock tower braces and a transponder mount for the Pro-2/Pro-Trac. Looks super trick, so I know we'll see 'em soon on your rig!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    I always built my kids from scratch, straight from upgraded parts.
    If it was short enough, this quote would be my sig 8) ^^^^

Is it just a clear coating/stick on film? Losi and associated make clear chassis protectors like that. Could save you some time. What kind of track? Pray that its carpet... much less cleaning work.

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...Fa9j7AodkgYA5g
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Congrats my friend, the only thing better then a new rc is a new free rc.
    Have a blast at the track.
    I know right.. Its like a meal. Only thing better than a great meal, is a great free meal. Thanks for the love bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster75 View Post
    Loot, don't bother taking the chassis to the guy- just get a scrap from him and do it yourself! I did my Anza chassis in about six minutes with a scrap from the guy at work, some glass cleaner, and an old debit card. Make sure you have plenty of new X-acto blades for trimming. Check out my build thread "Blaster's Bash Slash Rebuild" late tonight after I update it to see the results and a few tips...

Also, PL just released carbon fiber shock tower braces and a transponder mount for the Pro-2/Pro-Trac. Looks super trick, so I know we'll see 'em soon on your rig!
    Oh ya, totally. That is exactly my plan. It just need a like 12"x5 inch piece and im good. I was also debating on Carbon Fiber (looking) vinyl> I might even double stack, to make sure I have enough protection, and to be able to replace the top skin when it gets old. It's not to much weight, and it adds it down low.

As for the Carbon fiber... OH ya! I love it.. I am gonna add to that my Pedes also...Looks super trick for sure! I love that. Proline has been hooking it up. I am jumping on that for sure.

Btw, Did I mention I now have a Proline sponsorship, which results in 50% off all parts, and when I place my first order, I get all kinds of Proline Goodies. I am a bigger Proline fan than ever. These guys have been so great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    If it was short enough, this quote would be my sig 8) ^^^^

Is it just a clear coating/stick on film? Losi and associated make clear chassis protectors like that. Could save you some time. What kind of track? Pray that its carpet... much less cleaning work.

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...Fa9j7AodkgYA5g
    Rag, you know me. Sometimes I even go to far. Like my brushed chick pede, that is stacked full of upgrades. lol. You have even mentioned it to me before when I put together the bomb20's truck.

Just can't help myself

As for the Clearbra. I am not sure if they have any locally there, but its as the word describes. Picture the Cell Phone screen protectors, but SUPER strong and tough while still very thing. But its put on front of vehicles, and does a terrific job resisting all rock chips. Some wealthy folks even clear bra their entire vehicle. Which makes the paint job last like forever...

As for the track... um ya... It's Dirt :s

I also have a 2nd Slash build. I am just waiting on the LCG Chassis to come back in stock... I had the 2wd LCG kit in hand, that comes with the blue chassis, but it comes with a black top plate, and black side Nerf bars. I want it all blue. I am gonna convert my blue pede into it for a bit, so it's gonna be done Soon.