Thread: DriveShafts...

RC Qualifier

DriveShafts...

What are the best driveshafts out there? I have the stock rear a-arms, probably gonna get some rpm rear a-arms soon Also what does CVD stand for or mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iZach98 View Post
    What are the best driveshafts out there? I have the stock rear a-arms, probably gonna get some rpm rear a-arms soon Also what does CVD stand for or mean?

Constant velocity drive..
    I run a set on one of my 4wds and like them so far.
    No issues worth mentioning.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Do u run the traxxas cvd's? Are their any other good company's for cvd's? Or is traxxas the best?

Quote Originally Posted by iZach98 View Post
    Do u run the traxxas cvd's? Are their any other good company's for cvd's? Or is traxxas the best?

I run tekno and traxxas, imo tekno is the best unless your running something like a 2200kv which imo is just silly in a two wheel drive.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I'm only running 3800kv cc SCT system, mostly on 2s occasionally on 3s. Can I buy just the drive shafts from tekno or do I have to get the whole kit (hub carriers and shafts and all that)

RC Qualifier
    I run the teknos too. Top of the line, imo. Being able to swap the rear carriers from side to side to quickly change toe is really helpful for me. For most that might not be a big deal but for when you run tires that have way to much grip running the carriers backwards takes away toe so you loose traction. Then once the tires come in to their window you can quiclky swap back and have the perfect amount of rear grip with more toe and slightly worn tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    So do u have to use the carriers in the kit? Or can I use my traxxas aluminum carriers? I don't really wanna put plastic ones in. So I don't wanna put plastic parts in that I have upgraded to aluminum

RC Qualifier
    The tekno carriers are better than any aluminum carrier out. They're not going to break, have more tuning options, and use oversized bearings. They're included with the axles so its not like you have to go spend more money after buying the kit. The axles are worth the money by themselves, getting the carriers and bearings with it makes it a really good deal.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I found the whole kit for about $35 on ebay, the traxxas cvd's are 50$ on ebay and only come with driveshafts and that's it.

RC Qualifier
    I would stick with the stock drive shafts unless you are popping the yolks all the time. The plastic gives a little and puts less stress on the drive train. Also cvd's wear out and break over time in my experience.

RC Qualifier
    I have the steel output yokes on the stock drive shafts

RC poster
    Another +1 for the tekno set-up. I run them in the rear on my 4x4 as i was busting yokes on the factory ones. Just bite the bullet so you're not buying the stock ones for 10 bucks a pair.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, just gotta wait for my dads revo shippment to clear so I can order the teknos and a few other upgrades. I'm also getting the strc layshaft and the avid triad slipper set. This slash will be pretty well upgraded pretty soon! I also just order the LCG chassis off this website for 29.99 free ship and no tax! I had to order it before they sold out.

RC Qualifier
    That sounds awesome. The right tires, tuned suspension, a good clutch, and an lcg chassis is a great foundation to build your skill set. All with traxxas durability, have fun with er. I know you will.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks building boost! I kinda like the stock suspension, but I know I will proably tune it a little so it will handle amazing, I'm not an expert on tuning suspension yet. But I know a good amount of stuff to figure it out. I also have PL badlands on PL bead locs so this should be fun when I get everything. Hopefully the snow will be gone, I'm getting sick of just street bashing I like to bash in my backyard. I gotta make a track to race my little bros and my dad on. Should be fun!

So they buyer of my dads revo screwed us over. We got a message saying that the package was damaged, called UPS and they said it was fine but on our way back to is because it was rejected. So anyways we are gonna hold onto it for a little while. So I don't have too much money to spend I only have about $50 from allowance. And also I broke another stock driveshaft on 3s, honestly I'm not surprised but they held up pretty good. So I've heard of people running the slash 4x4 rear driveshafts on the 2wd slash, is this possible and are the 4x4 driveshafts are stronger? As long as they are a little bit stronger and cheap I'll probably get them. Here is a list of the thing that I want to get with the $50
    -slash 4x4 rear driveshafts $15
    -PL Extended body posts $15
    -RPM gear cover $8
    -NEW RPM Side Exhaust Tips $9 here is a link to the exhaust tips, I think they look really cool http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/newprod/misc.htm#7029

Also I forgot to mention, I have the stock driveshafts but I have the steel output yokes. So what would be better? The slash 4x4 driveshafts or the ones I have?
    Also I know that integy is a cheap company but I don't have to much to spend right now so would integy cvd's be good? Or would I just be wasting my money on them?
    Like these ones? http://bit.ly/1f6JXEh

Last edited by cooleocool; 02-22-2014 at 09:18 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    The 4x4 HD driveshafts will be stronger and outlast a set of stock dirveshafts with the metal yoke. The 4x4HD driveshafts will last a long time as long as you only run 2s. The negative of these driveshafts is how easily they bind up. A little dirt gets in there and they don't want to slide in and out when the suspension cycles. Just use 2s and clean them every once in a once in a while and you should get the 4x4 driveshafts to last.