RC poster

Anyone here running KD Dual 970s?

Hi all, wondering if anyone has some reviews on the KD dual 970 set up or the dual 700s?

I dont want the big expense of going brushless yet, plus I would like the fun of gradually upgrading the power of my erevo.

Cheers

RC Racer
    A lot aof people here run Dewalt motors, they are more durable cheaper and more powerfull.
    maybe take a look into it.
    Your post was edited for inappropriate language.

RC poster
    Would really like a dual set up for more power and ideally an easy setup. Anyone running dual dewalts?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 28yokid
    Would really like a dual set up for more power and ideally an easy setup. Anyone running dual dewalts?
    i would get a brushless for the best setup but thats just me

RC Champion
    I agree with brushlessman. Once you get to the point where you want to run dual 775's or dual dewalts, it's time to go brushless. You'll get more torque, mroe speed, longer run times, less maintainence, less heat, lighter car, lower CG because of the single motor and a better handling car. They are a bit more expensive, but you can go for a budget brushless system that works quite well. I'll be picking up my KD36 9XL (1900kv) motor from the post office on Monday, then I just have to wait for my 80A EZRUN ESC to arrive. Cost me less than $130 shipped for both items.

RC poster
    Thanks for the info guys, I will wait until my titans go up in smoke, then go the EZrun route. Will the EZ run work with Nimhs?

RC Champion
    They should work but you won't get anywhere near the performance.

RC poster
    Anyone know where I can get some cheap lipo batts in the UK?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Can you order online? If so, get some Zippies from *********.com
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC poster
    Yeah, I can order online, which zippies are the ones to go for?

RC Champion
    A pair of ********* 2S 5000 is what I'd go with. Some people run a pair of 3S, it is a lot more powerful and a lot of fun, but depending on what BL system you go with 6S may not be an option.

I run 4S and 6S on my ERBE, and the only time I actually use the power of 6S is when i'm showing off to friends or if i'm in a very large log doing high speed passes.

On my other EREVO that i'm converting with the EZRUN ESC, 4S is all it's rated for. Which is fine for me becuase that EREVO won't be doing anything to where it will need 6S power. If you go with the EZRUN, the only one rated for 6S is the 150a version. However, the 150a starts to get pricey and if you're gong to go that high, you're starting to near the cost of a MMM combo and you might as well go with that instead. If you're looking to stay budget and still be a LOT faster than any brushed setup, the EZRUN 80a with the KD36 9XL should do the trick.

If you're curious, here is a video with that motor running on the 60a EZRUN ESC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRGj_RsFwl8
    Last edited by 2IS; 05-11-2009 at 06:20 PM.

RC poster
    Thanks 2IS! I am thinking of going with the 80A. Is there a specific lipo charger I should be looking for?

RC Qualifier
    I am running KD Dual 970's. And buddy is running KD Dual 700's in his Emaxx. And fo sho the E Revo is mine lol... Check these vids out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fp9x5gl-2U
    In the above vid, I am running twin 7 cels and in the vid below my buddy is running 4s lipos. I have sinve updraded as well. But yeah the KDs are cheap and wicked!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aPgLnhdMa0
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC poster
    Nice Vids Ray00Ray! What top speed do you get on your dual 900s?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 28yokid
    Nice Vids Ray00Ray! What top speed do you get on your dual 900s?
    Thanks 28yokid. But I dont have a speed OM. But on 4s at 3/4 throttle I do a 100m dash in 9seconds flat. So I am judging I am getting in the mid 40s mph.
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC poster
    I did the 970s setup one of the motors was bad and I told DAN he told me to send them. I did and i never got a email and that was months ago and i am out $95
    WARNING DO NOT GO WITH NOVAK,kershaw desingns.
    GET A CASTLE CREATIONS PAY THE MONEY

RC Champion
    Mid 40's on brushed motors I'd have to see to believe, especially in a heavy monster truck running motors that dont turn many RPM's at all.