Thread: shocks

RC Qualifier

shocks

has anyone tried the 3.0 springs, I bottom out way too much. Have the center diff, rear brake,sway bars and will be goung with 1/8th buggy tires

RC Qualifier
    im running 1.8 and 2.0. but im thinking about getting 2.3 for the back.
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

RC Qualifier
    I bottom out so much it wore down the skid plate and then the pins that hold the lower rear suspension arms fell out. so I'm sidelined till more parts come.

RC Qualifier
    I see you are in Ga so I guess you know hard the red clay can be on landings.
    Not sure where Rosseville is but if it is close to Suwanee Sugarbowl is good for bashing, it is closed down but have the combination and whoever owns it lets us use it and the tracks are in fairly good shape. Nice cause not formal no fees or times just people bashing whatever they bring. dirt track, concrete banked oval and on road witch they do have organized events on some sundays.

RC Competitor
    He uses 2.0 and 2.3

http://www.traxxas.com/support/kb_se...l&cat=0&id=619

ordered these for my ride when IŽll get them I will report here.
    If you can read this , congrats! you can read.

RC Qualifier
    I run the 2.0/40wt front and 2.3/45wt rear. I still get some chassis slap off of the bigger jumps but it is minimal and mainly in the rear. On the smaller jumps I really dont have a problem. A little slap is better than being so stiff that it bounces and or breaks rockers, pushrods or shock ends. Been there before.. Just to have a little more wear in the rear I have ordered THESE.

RC Qualifier
    Im using 55wt in all my shocks.
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

RC Enthusiast
    are red sway bars even available like the one's seen at the traxxas link above?
    99 GSX
    2.3 Stroker
    PT 6262
    546 awhp-PUMP GAS

RC Qualifier
    I have compared sizes looks like he used the red suspension toe links for the rear and pushrods for the front of the sway bars. so to do the full set up like the pic you need 6 pushrods and 6 toe links.

RC Qualifier
    The front turnbuckles are 70mm long and the rear are 50mm long for the sway bars. I believe everyone is using Jato turnbuckles.

RC Qualifier
    I just eyeballed it but looks close to pushrod length. so hopefully someone that has done it will let us know for sure because I like the look and they are not that expensive. Plus my stock toe links are starting to get rounded off at the adjustment hexed piont.

RC Qualifier
    I just went and looked. I have the stock toe links from when I went to the red ones. The stock toe links are almost the exact same length as the sway bar links. I dont see why you couldnt use the red ones with that being said....

RC Enthusiast
    sweet! I'll just order a bunch of toe links then

EDIT: the front and rear toe links are the same size IIRC?

EDIT EDIT: swaybars up front are 70mm and 30mm in the rear. Toe link (#5938X) is 74mm long, and I am unsure about the pushrod length.

From the pics it looks as though you can only run the red swaybars up front, because he has silver ones out back. If thats the case I'll just run all silver ones
    Last edited by Stroked-DSM; 05-14-2009 at 12:01 PM.
    99 GSX
    2.3 Stroker
    PT 6262
    546 awhp-PUMP GAS

RC Qualifier
    I priced it out and looks like about $90 the pushrods are cheap $10 for 2 but the toe links are $20 for 2 and you would need 6 of each to do everything. Just need to make sure the silver part that attaches to sway bar can fit on wnd of push rods and toe links I think they should but I'm not around the truck to look.
    Last edited by bllski; 05-14-2009 at 12:13 PM.

RC Qualifier
    The thicker red ones might have clearance issues over rear suspension arm, I mounted the silver part upside down and gave me a few mm more room over rear a arm.

RC Qualifier
    I looked closer at the picture and the front red part has an adjustment hex on it and pushrods do not, not to say they would not work as the sway bar only effects when one side moves and not the other so length should never need to be adjusted and pushrods are cheaper but he did use some kind of toe link in the traxxas setup.