I've taken a previous post from Nitro Chicken regarding discussion of aftermarket parts for the nitro forums, and tweaked it to cover the electric forum. The policy of aftermarket discussion has not changed, and aftermarket discussion is fine to a point. However, once it crosses the threshold of aftermarket tech support it is then the responsibility of the aftermarket manufacturer, not the Traxxas forums.
Guidelines for discussing aftermarket parts:
The Traxxas message board is provided as a service for current and future Traxxas customers where they can exchange information and ideas about ownership, function, usage, modification, and enjoyment of Traxxas products.
In response to questions we have received regarding the removal of threads about other manufacturer’s parts, we are posting these guidelines to help you know what content is acceptable and what content will be removed. Please be aware that moderators do not delete content solely on the basis that it mentions a non-Traxxas, aftermarket part. The determining factor is whether the discussion is application or service related.
The moderators will allow discussion regarding:
1. Pros and cons of purchasing an aftermarket part for your Traxxas vehicle.
2. Sharing your experiences, either bad or good with a particular part.
3. Posting what it took to install the part and what you had to modify to make it work in your Traxxas vehicle.
Please note that these issues are specifically related to the application of that product in your Traxxas vehicle. The Traxxas message board is not the place to discuss how to repair, setup, or otherwise service other manufacturer’s parts. It is the manufacturer’s responsibility to dedicate resources and provide that type of information and support for their customers. Here are examples of things that will get your post deleted and, if you persist, get you warning points.
1. Posting specification questions or answers about a non-Traxxas part.
2. Posting repair and troubleshooting tips for non-Traxxas parts.
3. Posting where to find the lowest priced parts for non-Traxxas parts (other than a simple direction to check at your LHS).
4. Attempting to get troubleshooting information for a non-Traxxas part
If you purchase a non-Traxxas aftermarket part for your model, we suggest that you first know and understand what kind of support is available for that part directly from the manufacturer. If they cannot provide accurate, timely, and reliable support, do not look to the Traxxas message board as a substitute. Traxxas moderators will not allow technical support related discussion for non-Traxxas aftermarket parts. If you have problems with a non-Traxxas part you will need to contact the manufacturer directly or consult the LHS where you purchased the part. If you have questions regarding this policy, please PM the forum moderators.