RC Racer

Traxxas forum restrictions?? After all the money I spend on Traxxas?

Ok so we cant talk about batteries or chargers or anything else for that matter on here unless they are traxxas chargers and batteries or products? I can understand not letting us post about other rc models of cars and trucks but batteries and chargers? Come on this is rediculous. After all the money I spent on traxxas I think If I want to ask any question I feel I need to that has to do with my ERBE or any other traxxas rc car or truck I should be able to. All the battery questions or charger questions all have something to do with our cars and trucks. If traxxas made any charger or battery worth a crap then maybe we would talk about them wouldnt we? I read article in xtreme rc cars magazine where they tested the traxxas ERBE for Traxxas. Can you guess what batteries Traxxas themselves sent to the magazine to use in the test? Well they were not any traxxas made battery. They were maxamps just in case you wanted to know. My point is if traxxas them selves has no battery they make worth sending for the test why would they think we wouldnt discuss other batteries in this forum? Also how many posts on batteries have we all seen and all of a sudden theres a issue with it? These forums are so people with traxxas cars and trucks can discuss what they use and how they use it. All the things on a revo are not even made by traxxas anyway, its sort of hipocritical to sell others products on your cars then tell us we cant talk about it. Then the nerve to tell a guy he should call the manufactuer about a issue hes having with their product?? Why when the people in this forum most likely can answer it better. Have you ever tried calling a manufactuer Traxxas? Your lucky to ever get a straight answere let alone a right one. That goes for traxxas as well, I have had to call Traxxas twice for issues with ERBE and the guy on the phone was so incompetant that I had to ask the question in this forum. My point is this, Traxxas knows most people use aftermarket parts on there cars and trucks. We should as consumers be allowed in these forums to be able to discuss anything that has to with with our cars, even if that sometimes is a aftermarket part or product. Without all of us customers traxxas will go broke. And if traxxas made more options and better quality hop ups and add ons then maybe these forums wouldnt be full of posts about other brands of stuff. Ok I'm done biotching..lol Just had to get that of my chest. Ive got 1,100 invested in TRAXXAS only products so far in less than two months. I think I can talk about anything that has to do with my ERBE.
    Revo Brushless first rc car!!

RC Champion
    Bad day, huh?
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby VNT
    Bad day, huh?
    LOL no I just couldnt believe them locking out a thread about some things that were so common a question in here. Seems like traxxas might be forgetting why they are where there at in the rc world. All of us who buy there products. So I had to vent is all. I actually had a great day.

RC Champion
    I hear you. I just had to lighten the mood. I see that there are some others that feel the same way. I hadn't checked this section of the forum for some time, so I was a little surprised myself.
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They locked/deleted those threads because every time a battery/charger thread gets posted, it always turns into nothing but a flame war, and flaming is against Traxxas' TOS (Terms of Service). It has nothing to do with them not wanting us to talk about batteries or chargers, it is to try to stop all of the flaming.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    They locked/deleted those threads because every time a battery/charger thread gets posted, it always turns into nothing but a flame war, and flaming is against Traxxas' TOS (Terms of Service). It has nothing to do with them not wanting us to talk about batteries or chargers, it is to try to stop all of the flaming.

They are not i have just seen two threads closed by the forum gestapo saying something along the lines of go to the manufacturer this is a traxxas forum.

I am totally with you Cdose.

RC Racer

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tim186
    They are not i have just seen two threads closed by the forum gestapo saying something along the lines of go to the manufacturer this is a traxxas forum.

I am totally with you Cdose.
    it had nothing to do with "flaming" the threads they closed even refered to it not being a certain forum or go talk to manufacturer. it might seem that way revo1 since at the time you were going back and forth with that guy about the zippie thing but it was not why they locked threads man.
    Last edited by Cdose; 05-08-2009 at 04:12 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdose
    it had nothing to do with "flaming" the threads they closed even refered to it not being a certain forum or go talk to manufacturer.

yeah i know i saw it it doesnt matter anyway if we cant talk about it here i will just go somewhere else

RC Qualifier
    I'm with you on this one as well. If Traxxas made competing products at the same level then I agree the business angle of not posting non Traxxas makes sense but in this case it doesn't.

RC Champion
    If the mod that locked those threads applied his logic for closing them to the rest of the forum then more than half the threads on here would be locked He cherry picked a few threads about batteries for some reason.

I think either he was just having a bad day or there is some other "agenda" at play here we don't know about. It makes no sense to me. Why would you want to upset Traxxas customers? That's pretty much what every single poster on this forum is...shoot, I've got over 4000 dollars tied up in Traxxas products over the last 8 years myself.
    If I have a question about which batteries I should use in my TRAXXAS product it sure better not got deleted if they want anymore business from me!

Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...