RC poster

Connector and/or battery

G'Day im new to the Traxxas community and ive had an E-Revo for about 8 - 10 months.
    Im also new to the electronics so i dont know the names for some of this.
    Ive got a 2 pairs of Venom 4200 nimH 7.2v batteries.
    They have gone through two sets of connectors. They have melted and fused the white plastic it from part 3062 to the battery on both connectors. I then got i changed to some higher current connectors while keeping the black part so it fitted with the factory connector. i also got higher current connectors connected to the batteries. they were fine for 3 months until they too melted.
    Are the batteries the problem or is it the connector?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweetbix
    G'Day im new to the Traxxas community and ive had an E-Revo for about 8 - 10 months.
    Im also new to the electronics so i dont know the names for some of this.
    Ive got a 2 pairs of Venom 4200 nimH 7.2v batteries.
    They have gone through two sets of connectors. They have melted and fused the white plastic it from part 3062 to the battery on both connectors. I then got i changed to some higher current connectors while keeping the black part so it fitted with the factory connector. i also got higher current connectors connected to the batteries. they were fine for 3 months until they too melted.
    Are the batteries the problem or is it the connector?
    how did you install the connectors maybe you didnt install them right, I have venoms 8.4 5000mah with traxxas ends and no problems after 15 runs on them.
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Adding high current connectors while leaving the old low-current connectors does nothing to make your system better, since you still have the low-current connectors that were causing the problems in the system in the first place.

You have to completely remove all of the old white Tamiya-style connectors and replace them with either Deans Ultra connectors or Traxxas connectors...put them on your batteries, your speed control, your motor, your charger, your balancer, etc..
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Racer
    I switched all my connectors over to Traxxas (cars, chargers, batteries). Even in my old Traxxas Bullet. Now I don't have to worry about adapters or any heat issues running the batteries in my E-Revo. Those Tamiya connecters were a pain anyway, my kids always had a problem with them.

RC poster
    The high current connectors have replaced the white tamiya style white connectors. The traxxas connectors is still on the actual part so it had the high current connector and the traxxas connector on the part. and i didnt do the actual connector swap over. A trusted hobby shop did it for me. so they were done right. the high current connectors were attached to part 3062 while leaving the traxxas connector on the part. the new connector was also attached to the battery so i didnt have to replace the one attached to the speed control. the connectors were also attached to the battery charger as well so it had all high current connector on everything. And the connectors on the traxxas end melted.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Your LHS screwed you...

Remove all of the old connectors completely, and replace them with the Traxxas High-Current connectors...all your LHS did was add twice as many connectors as you need, while leaving the problem connectors still on there!
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo