RC Enthusiast

HPI roto Start on Slayer

anyone think it's possible?

I've got the Savage XL and I find the roto start much simpler to use and would love to install the back plate with roto start coupler on the Slayer.

The EZ start system is nice, but weighs too much. Plus I'd like to have just one electric starting system in my tool kit, and the HPI system is superior.

I guess I'd need to know if someone's done this already, or failing that someone who can measure the mounting screws for a roto start plate on a similarly sized engine to the TRX 3.3

RC Racer
    i did it with the roto backplate i had on my .26 hot bodies engine (i think it's the same as other HPI big block engine) for the screw, i used the screw that came with the roto backplate, i has to drill the holes on the backplate to make them a bit bigger for the traxxas screws
    I have 15 r/c's and my slayer & slash are the best

RC Qualifier
    I use a Hot Bodies Roto Start on all my R/C's now... I dont know it the backplate will work but you can pick Ofna backplates up for about $12 on eBay...

This one will fit the slayer 3.3 engine and work with the roto start It's what I use.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHPS1&P=7
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Enthusiast
    UPdating. I picked up the Hot bodies roto start for the T-Maxx 2.5, which fits the 3.3 perfectly.

I weighed the engine with EZ start and it came in at 360g (cheap kitchen scale so it might be off). I pulled off the ez start and installed the Roto start and weighed the engine again, 270g. So, around 90g of weight was shaved off the truck by swithing to the roto start. The only thing that would weigh less is a bump start setup typically used by racers.

The wiring harnass and connections were removed as well but the scale wasn't accurate enough to get the weight.