RC Qualifier

any way to turn off drag brake?

when i throttle and let go.. the revo kinda stops (therefore it nosedives on jumps)... i believe this is drag brake and i've searched thru the forums how to take that out but i think there's no success.

any suggestions how to take turn it off or loosen the drag brakes?

RC Racer
    I may be wrong, but I dont think there's anything to be done about that. What's happening is the braking effect of the motor itself when not under power.
    Take the motor, turn the shaft with your hand, that is the resistance that is being transmitted to the wheels through the tranny. It's actually pretty minimal in the stock configuration, try it with a bigger motor like the dewalt 12v. I have found, under hard cornering, on gravel, that the back end breaks out due to the "drag breaking" of that motor.

I would say, cut the throttle back, but not letting off entirely would solve that issue for you.
    e-revo, Dewalt 12v motor, 2 speed conversion, dx3s

RC Champion
    I don't think there is an actual drag brake, but just a drag brake effect due to the motors own resistance like taken described. Nothing you can do about that except maintain a light throttle application, or perhaps adjust the throttle trim so that it just barely is giving power to the motor when in the neutral position, not enough to move the car just enough not to have that brake effect.

RC Racer
    there right. you only have a drag break option with brushless motors because they are friction free (nothing is touching the rotor except for the bearings. with brushless motors some people liked the drag feeling that brushed motors create so its an included option. but with brushed motors theirs no getting rid of it
    only fifty... REALLY?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The drag-brake effect of a brushed motor isn't from the friction of the brushes on the commutator, it's due to the magnetic field inside the case trying to stop and center the comm.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Qualifier
    ooops forgot to add... i'm using dewalt... and yeah... it's a 6 pole and the magnetic field is strong and i can feel it's hard turning the shaft powered off.

i guess i have no choice but to change my driving habits to slowly ease off throttle to prevent this drag brake effect from brushed motors.

anyhow.. thanks guys for the input. wish we can program evx2... or maybe if i get a high end radio i can program or trim it in such a way when releasing throttle it will slowly ease off?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You can just trim the thottle up a tiny bit...not enough to make the truck go forward, but just enough to cancel out the drag-brake effect you are getting.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Qualifier
    i already did that.. like trim the throttle to have a forward bias... but still the drag brake is there... i think it's just the dewalt's magnets are too strong. i wish the EVX has a sort of throttle down feature where it slowly lessens the power to the motor upon throttle release. calling traxxas