RC Champion

775 vs dewalt motor

i like my dewalt but i have real bad heat issuse for the motor and esc, will the 775 be better on heat? i'm only geared 18/ 65? (whatever stock is.)
    i dont need to go so fast but would like respectable speed and would like waterproof and NO heat issuses!! i run *********x 4s 5k my esc is wired to run them in parrallel, and does any one know where i can buy the o ring thing for the reciver box? thanks so much!
    I was anti-obama before it was cool!

RC Racer
    heat issues with the dewalt? I'm running it, I haven't had any heat issues from either the motor or the esc. I am running a 2 speed conversion, my top gear is 25/54, and its still ok in that.
    I don't know enough about the technical side of this, but I think you've got an issue with something other than the motor itself.
    see what other advice you get, but I'd look beyond the motor as the solution to your problem . The dewalt should handle what you're throwing at it easily, that's what I've experienced, and what I've read.
    e-revo, Dewalt 12v motor, 2 speed conversion, dx3s

RC Racer
    I think the internal BEC in the EVX2 is heating up.
    I've been researching this lately and have found the internal BEC is probably a linear regulator (linear wastes much more power than a switching regulator).

That linear BEC has to convert 4s voltage =18,5V to 6V. The max current of the BEC in the EVX2 is 2,5A. Say the average current would be 0,5A.
    0,5A x (18,5V-6V) = 6,25W being dissipated into heat. That's huge.
    That is an efficiency of 6/18,5 = 32,4%.
    Whereas a linear BEC has an efficiency of 85-95%.

The solution is to get an external switching BEC, ********* sells a 3A-5A external BEC for 8$, this is ideal.

Buy the BEC and you'll get to keep the Dewalt (which is better than the 775 in ALL aspects), AND you'll be cheaper off!
    Last edited by Rebelgium; 05-02-2009 at 08:11 AM.

RC Qualifier
    you guys are putting drill motors in your revos? HAHAHAHA now thats ******* hilarious
    20% Warning, Now thats 100% funny.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A lot of people are running them with great success...the have more torque, are faster, and last longer than the Traxxas Titans, so they are an excellent choice for a replacement motor. Oh, and they run 1 motor, not 2 anymore.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Champion
    So where's the best (cheapest) place to buy these dewalt motors?

RC Champion
    anylinks on the bec at hobby city? and how do i set it up?

RC Qualifier
    i'm running dewalt with 18-68 and my temps are fantastic. 90F on motor. 115F on ESC. and i'm using HPI GT tires which are a bit larger than stock revo talons.

RC Champion
    what batteries jeffo?

RC Racer
    To you guys saying your Dewalt setups have good temps, please clarify a little.
    Are you running two 2s packs in series, or two 4s packs in parallel?

Here's the link to the external BEC:
    http://www.*********.com/*********/s...oise_Reduction
    I think the extra 8$ is well worth it, considering you can get much better 4s setups using two parallel 4s packs than if you were running two 2s packs in series.
    because the 2s lipo'only have 20C, and the 4s lipo's have up to 30C and a tad more capacity...
    I'm talking about *********'s zippies ofcourse.

And setting it up is easy, just disconnect the red wire (I think it's the red one, not sure) from the plug of your EVX2, and plug in the BEC in your receiver.
    It's described really well in the FAQ...
    Last edited by Rebelgium; 05-02-2009 at 08:01 PM.

RC Racer
    how about some pic of it mounts in your revo.
    revo 3.3 and
    nitro 4-tec 3.3 for sale

RC Champion
    ill upload pics . im running 4s in parrallel but why are my temps so high? even the motor gets real hot,but nothinings binding

RC Racer
    How hot exactly? Do you have a temp gauge?

RC Qualifier
    Does anyone have a link for the Dewalt motors? With the heat over here I am looking at upgrading to a single motor and need something that cna handle the 120-140 that it gets over here.

RC Champion
    i dont know exactly but after about 5 minutes i cant tiuch it for longer than 2 seconds without it burning my fingers. just type in 12v dewalt motor on google and you'll find it!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra 008
    Does anyone have a link for the Dewalt motors? With the heat over here I am looking at upgrading to a single motor and need something that cna handle the 120-140 that it gets over here.
    Go to sears' parts direct website. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...art=&pop=flush