RC Qualifier

CAnt take it anymore!!!

After last weekend at the track helping pit for my friend's truggy i decided to get my slayer out to play with after the race was over. Well, i got it tuned in and let my friend dylan drive cause he only driven one other nitro car(he owns a slash) and i wanted to watch my truck go around the track. turns out my slayer was just as the truggy, so now ive got mine tore apart to the bare frame going to do a full race build and ive already drilled the frame,beadlocks(waste of money),springs, and close ratio trans. gears. im having the motor ported at the lhs, im wanting the rb mods conn. rod but dont really have the money so i guess i ll do the motor last. but, does anyone know of so good racing parts that would help me out run the truggy's?
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sicsam
    but, does anyone know of so good racing parts that would help me out run the truggy's?
    You need another truggy and lots of practice .
    Supermaxx.26/Revo18TZ/Revo2200Kv/Predator.21TM

RC Qualifier
    Im dont have a truggy....plus i have the fastest slayer in my area!
    Last edited by sicsam; 05-01-2009 at 02:29 AM.
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

RC Qualifier
    Without a ton of mods I cant see any way that a slayer will be remotely competetive with a truggy. The biggest drawback with the Slayer is its COG. I run with a bunch of truggies but not by choice. There really isnt a revo class here. Even with the revo I can stay with them and be competetive BUT the least little mistake on my part and the truggies are gone.

IMO if you want to be competitive with a truggy, get a truggy. You will spend far more money than its worth trying to make a Slayer competitve.

RC Qualifier
    Dont have the money to get a truggy and it'll take me a month or so to get the slayer back together because i dont get paid alot. Plus, i like the thought of being able to out run a truggy so STOP HATING!
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

RC Qualifier
    Dont have the money to get a truggy and it'll take me a month or so to get the slayer back together because i dont get paid alot. Plus, i like the thought of being able to out run a truggy so STOP HATING!

I'm not hating. Yeah I can take my Slayer and "outrun" a truggy or my Revo for the fact.... but the truggy handles way too much better than the Slayer. You can go as fast as you want but if you cant get that speed around a corner than you are going slower. Its your money but IMO its a waste trying to get a Slayer to be competetive.....

RC Competitor
    Im dont have a truggy....plus i have the fastest slayer in my area!
    not sure I would count those chickens before they hatch...

I think the best solution would be to get everyone with Slayers to show up and race, Dion would have a class if everyone would show up. The first race of the season, he put my son and my nephew in with the truggies b/c they were the only two there. Both got lapped in 5 minutes, and both drive pretty good. Last week my son ran a friend of mine's truggy and finished 4th against the same bunch. The Slayer is really fun to drive, but very different from the truggy.

Good luck with you build, I would suggest seeing if you could find a cheap chassis from a used revo 3.3, they are two inches longer and will help out.

RC Qualifier
    I have seen my share of truggys run and I would say if you are running close to or with the truggy guys then they must not be that good because the truggys I have seen run, will kick a slayers behind hands down no question >.<

Mr Twister
    Slayer,ModSctSlash,AE8E, Spektrum DX3R

RC Qualifier
    Well, im going to build my truck the best that i can, with what little money i have and i will run against the truggy's and if they beat me so be it. But i can say this: When im done i will have the best slayer in my area, hands down!
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

RC Qualifier
    turns out my slayer was just as the truggy
    I'm stuck on what this means
    eh...i dont see a problem here

RC Qualifier
    as fast....
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

RC Competitor
    I had a slayer and it was very fast at times. I also have a nitro rustler and a 1/8th scale nitro truggy and there is no comparison even my little rustler is faster than my old slayer. The slayer is awesome ....in a class of slayers it is a blast to drive but I sold mine when I beat my friend's slayer (on a track) with my 2wd drive rustler. Biggest drawback with the slayer was that I spent more time on my roof than on the wheels . I am not a expert driver by any means but with my other vehicles I seem to run longer and go faster. Still a cool truck but just not for me.

RC Racer
    i run mine with truggies, i'm close of making the A main! when i run my truggy, i'm in the middle of the Amain,
    i finished 1st in the B. the slayer is way faster on the long straight and turns on a dime, which help to pass the truggies inside of tight turns,
    but hopefully the marshalls are fast because a slayer is a slayer... it flips.. but most of the times, i flip a whole turn and back on wheels!

if you race, get a center diff and rear brake! it's a must
    I have 15 r/c's and my slayer & slash are the best

RC Qualifier
    I can keep up with truggies untill the track dries out then the smaller tires start to hurt me, I need a good 17mm wheel adapter kit and then I want to try some different tires. Howerever the track is vary technical and not a lot of high speed corners.

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/u...layersmall.jpg

Please keep all images to a maximum width of around 600 pixels. To do this, you may need to edit the image using an image editor before you upload the picture to your host.

I have changed the images to links so that people don't have to scroll to read the thread.

Mis'
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 05-12-2009 at 08:05 AM.

RC Qualifier
    but I am up for the challange of fastest slayer, bring it to the sugarbowl.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JCole
    not sure I would count those chickens before they hatch...

I think the best solution would be to get everyone with Slayers to show up and race, Dion would have a class if everyone would show up. The first race of the season, he put my son and my nephew in with the truggies b/c they were the only two there. Both got lapped in 5 minutes, and both drive pretty good. Last week my son ran a friend of mine's truggy and finished 4th against the same bunch. The Slayer is really fun to drive, but very different from the truggy.

Good luck with you build, I would suggest seeing if you could find a cheap chassis from a used revo 3.3, they are two inches longer and will help out.
    You also have alot more time with your truck then me(about 2 months) and more experience. But give me time... lol. See you @ the track next time, unless its raining like it has every f-ing weekend.
    Last edited by sicsam; 05-15-2009 at 01:10 AM.
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427